ADVERTISEMENT

Rosenstein threatened congress

dave

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Morgantown, WV
He told Nunes and the intel comittee he was going to subpeona their text messages because he was tired of dealing with the intel committee.

He told Nunes and the intel comittee he was going to subpeona their text messages because he was tired of dealing with the intel committee.

Got a link?

This is clearly a set up to get rid of Rosenstein because he wont fire Mueller. Whomever replaces Rosenstein will be hired on the condition they fire Mueller.

Got a link?

This is clearly a set up to get rid of Rosenstein because he wont fire Mueller. Whomever replaces Rosenstein will be hired on the condition they fire Mueller.
The issue is not firing Mueller. The SC should have acrime to investigate and some definitiin as to scope. Right now there is nothing.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Yeah, that's a nice document. Where does that give Mueller the right to subpoena all of Trump's business records? That's not related to what Rosenstein mapped out, and isnt' defined in 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

We have been over this. Do you guys have horrible memories or just like being delusional? Or maybe that is what Fox News is feeding you?

"any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation"

They followed the money trail on Manafort and Gates and look what happened. Trump is desperate.

We have been over this. Do you guys have horrible memories or just like being delusional? Or maybe that is what Fox News is feeding you?

They followed the money trail on Manafort and Gates and look what happened. Trump is desperate.

But this is not directly from the investigation. This is clearly unrelated to anything, since it's a blind shot in the dark at all records.

Yeah, that's a nice document. Where does that give Mueller the right to subpoena all of Trump's business records? That's not related to what Rosenstein mapped out, and isnt' defined in 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

Hey, maybe Mueller is attempting to "drain the swamp"? :popcorn:

I think it's cute that you think Manafort is going to lead to Trump and not to Tony Podesta. That's a riot.

You call running to the guy being investigated "doing his job?" Wow
He was running to Putin? The committee was investigating Russian interference. The committee, just like everyone else, has been unable to find a scintilla of evidence relating to collusion between Trump and the Russians to interfere with the election.

It’s quite sad what you’ve been reduced to.

He was running to Putin? The committee was investigating Russian interference. The committee, just like everyone else, has been unable to find a scintilla of evidence relating to collusion between Trump and the Russians to interfere with the election.

It’s quite sad what you’ve been reduced to.

Yeah, Kushner and Trump Jr were just trading cooking recipes with the Russians in Trump Tower.

Running to the guy being investigated? You sound like ine of those idiots who fall for fake news. Read a book.
The House Intel Committee has become a haven of politics. This is a new thing. That committee exists to work toward a common goal to support the intel community and protect American interests. The fact that everything they do splits along party lines right now is a bad thing. I'd say the same thing if it was led by the D's too. The House wrapped up the investigation because they weren't doing their jobs, neither party. They were playing political football, and the fact that memos from an ongoing investigation were released directly support that assertion.

As for why Mueller would subpoena records from Trump businesses, it is well known that his businesses have received loans from Russians in the past. The status of those loans now, and any loan forgiveness by the Russians could point to a problem. If nothing is there, and I'm not saying anything is there, then no harm is done. That's how you investigate things - look at information and take it where it leads you.

The House Intel Committee has become a haven of politics. This is a new thing. That committee exists to work toward a common goal to support the intel community and protect American interests. The fact that everything they do splits along party lines right now is a bad thing. I'd say the same thing if it was led by the D's too. The House wrapped up the investigation because they weren't doing their jobs, neither party. They were playing political football, and the fact that memos from an ongoing investigation were released directly support that assertion.

As for why Mueller would subpoena records from Trump businesses, it is well known that his businesses have received loans from Russians in the past. The status of those loans now, and any loan forgiveness by the Russians could point to a problem. If nothing is there, and I'm not saying anything is there, then no harm is done. That's how you investigate things - look at information and take it where it leads you.
I dont agree with any of that at all.

I dont agree with any of that at all.
Fair enough. I suspect you would if this was an investigation of a Democrat President by a Democrat House committee breaking along party lines. Maybe I'm wrong.

As for the investigation, the investigation of the Clinton's was about an investment. Starr had similar marching orders to Mueller's. We know how far afoot that one went. Why the shock as to business records of a sitting president known to do business with Russia? Was the option to do business with Russians legal? Sure seems so. What if he had outstanding loans from Russian sources that were forgiven in early 2016? Interested now? I would be. Maybe nothing is there. I'm certainly open to that outcome. Frankly, I hope for that outcome. But to investigate this issue without checking that out seems lile a sham investigation.

Fair enough. I suspect you would if this was an investigation of a Democrat President by a Democrat House committee breaking along party lines. Maybe I'm wrong.

As for the investigation, the investigation of the Clinton's was about an investment. Starr had similar marching orders to Mueller's. We know how far afoot that one went. Why the shock as to business records of a sitting president known to do business with Russia? Was the option to do business with Russians legal? Sure seems so. What if he had outstanding loans from Russian sources that were forgiven in early 2016? Interested now? I would be. Maybe nothing is there. I'm certainly open to that outcome. Frankly, I hope for that outcome. But to investigate this issue without checking that out seems lile a sham investigation.
The house investigated every one of the players in russia meddling and released their report. That was their job. Nobody has found evidence of Trump wrongdoing. Ken Starr is not part of the story. Your whole argument is just hot air.

Yeah, Kushner and Trump Jr were just trading cooking recipes with the Russians in Trump Tower.
Oh, the meeting arranged by FusionGPS? Hang your hat on that one bubba and ride that bitch to the very end, which is near.

Starr had similar marching orders to Mueller's.

Incorrect by far. Clinton let the law expire in 1999 that Starr operated under. Mueller should have his hands tied much, much more than what he is operating under.

Exactly

Opposition research does not equal collusion. If Mueller investigates Trump and Trump associates he needs to also do the same with all the Clinton and Clinton Foundation cronies and their Russian dealings. .

Why? Because he’s blown up the left’s narrative at every turn? Hahaha

He is supposed to be the head of house intel committee......not a Trump lackey. If you can't see the issue caused by an intel committee chair running to the president when the president is discussed, we have a serious issue in this country. I actually thought you were pretty balanced. It is truly amazing how far right you have moved. Nunes has an obligation to the House and the committee he chairs. Not sure how anybody thinks passing evidence directly to Trump ahead of any committee report, is acceptable.

Reactions: countryroads89

If this extends into Trump business with Russia, would it not extend into Clinton business with Russia? Is Clinton investigation the second phase of Mueller investigation? Is there any evidence that any investigation of Clinton/Russia association been made? Did Hillary's brother make a windfall profit from the uranium transaction? Why is it not reported?

Is this really a Trump investigation, and not an investigation in Russia influence on an election?

Last edited:
If this extends into Trump business with Russia, would it not extend into Clinton business with Russia? Is Clinton investigation the second phase of Mueller investigation? Is there any evidence that any investigation of Clinton/Russia association been made? Did Hillary's brother make a windfall profit from the uranium transaction? Why is it not reported?

In case you missed it, Trump is our president. Not Hillary.

I actually thought you were pretty balanced. It is truly amazing how far right you have moved.
I’m very far right on most things but there are things like Gay Rights where I’m left of center on. My take on this isn’t very far right. Again, they, the committee weren’t investigating Trump as their sole charter. You have an inability to separate reality from spun narrative.

The President has every right to be briefed on the intel committee’s findings as it relates to National Security. I mean, it’s kind of responsibility #1 of his office. Try some “How Govt works for Dummies” books. Might help you not look like an ill informed jackass all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT