ADVERTISEMENT

Rocco Becht commits to IowaSt

Volatility

Senior
Jun 27, 2018
Charleston WV
www.equitysciences.com
WVU messed up here.... We should have been more active with Rocco. Hes a smaller guy, but has massive lower body strength and you can see sig improvement between his Soph & Jun years, he also just won FL 7vs7 championship, which is extremely competitive.

I feel like WVU was solely focused on Braden & Gavin, then Braden, and if we dont get Braden, we're screwed. Pursuing QB's is a fineline you have to walk, but there are some classes when you need to get two... We have a small QB class, we could easily have accepted two QB's in the 22 class.

While Im hoping Braden chooses WVU, South Carolina is making a push, and I lived in Columbia for a couple years, its a fun town. Far more attractive to a Delaware kid then Morgantown, but hopefully Brown & Staff can work their magic here... Otherwise, this class wont reach its full potential. We need to recruit a dominant QB, every other year, with a back-up/fill in the off years. Considering QB is a weak-link on this team, fingers crossed and knees bent we land a good one...

It has been pretty tough for WVU to hang onto two quality QBs over its history (sometimes one).

With players being able to transfer and play elsewhere now, even the tOSUs are going to have a difficult time getting a good QB to ride the pine.

WVU messed up here.... We should have been more active with Rocco. Hes a smaller guy, but has massive lower body strength and you can see sig improvement between his Soph & Jun years, he also just won FL 7vs7 championship, which is extremely competitive.

I feel like WVU was solely focused on Braden & Gavin, then Braden, and if we dont get Braden, we're screwed. Pursuing QB's is a fineline you have to walk, but there are some classes when you need to get two... We have a small QB class, we could easily have accepted two QB's in the 22 class.

While Im hoping Braden chooses WVU, South Carolina is making a push, and I lived in Columbia for a couple years, its a fun town. Far more attractive to a Delaware kid then Morgantown, but hopefully Brown & Staff can work their magic here... Otherwise, this class wont reach its full potential. We need to recruit a dominant QB, every other year, with a back-up/fill in the off years. Considering QB is a weak-link on this team, fingers crossed and knees bent we land a good one...
Remember, no commitment from a HS kid is our archaic meaning of the word. Signing goes a greater distance toward assurance that the commitment means " COMMITMENT", then, of course, the PORTAL is always waiting with arms wide open.

Reactions: WVUALLEN

How so? Here we are with 1,000 of Mountaineer board coaches telling everyone get a transfer QB it's the only way. Then there is a former players son who may or may not be good at QB and people are freaking out over not offering. If he would come here then flop people would call Brown a poor recruiter at QB. They did the same with a former coach who recruited 4 star QB's that flopped.

Rocco Becht is not a done issue. If offered he will arrive.

It has been pretty tough for WVU to hang onto two quality QBs over its history (sometimes one).

With players being able to transfer and play elsewhere now, even the tOSUs are going to have a difficult time getting a good QB to ride the pine.
You're not very bright.

I don't really get wound up about players who do NOT come to WVU. I get really wound up with joy about players who DO come to WVU. And "potential" is a trapdoor word to me. "Performance" is the only word that counts. And that can't happen till we see them in action during game after game after game.

Reactions: zeke0296
That is what I tell the females.

Production is more important than Potential. Have to produce

Ole Miss offer says a lot

Kiffin doesn't mess around.
Plus Iowa State and Manning have done a decent job himself

When I saw Kiffin had offered, that was a confirmation he has what it takes. If you watch his progress from his Soph, Jun, & Sen 7vs7 film, you can tell his dad is getting him the best training money can buy. Its significant, and FL's 7vs7 is the most competitive in the nation, and they just won the Championship.

I think NB & Staff was trying to walk both sides of the fence here, between Braden & Rocco... However, they could have easily taken 2 QB's in this class, given we only have a few scholarship players in the team.

It would have been nice to have him in Motown, but him going to IowaSt will sting a little more if he does well..

When I saw Kiffin had offered, that was a confirmation he has what it takes. If you watch his progress from his Soph, Jun, & Sen 7vs7 film, you can tell his dad is getting him the best training money can buy. Its significant, and FL's 7vs7 is the most competitive in the nation, and they just won the Championship.

I think NB & Staff was trying to walk both sides of the fence here, between Braden & Rocco... However, they could have easily taken 2 QB's in this class, given we only have a few scholarship players in the team.

It would have been nice to have him in Motown, but him going to IowaSt will sting a little more if he does well..

Kiffin has a huge net for QBs. But he has certain things he looks for.
So it is a good thing to see an Ole Miss offer.
We will see how everything turns out.

Because Kiffin didn't really pursue him.

When he does it on the field in college will be my confirmation he has what it takes. WVU can't take every player in the freaking country. We need body's at Corner, LB and DL. Not to mention some help with giving Leddie Brown some rest.

I don't really get wound up about players who do NOT come to WVU. I get really wound up with joy about players who DO come to WVU. And "potential" is a trapdoor word to me. "Performance" is the only word that counts. And that can't happen till we see them in action during game after game after game.
You get wound up over green jello.

Reactions: Euell
No he is not. Well partially right. But Ohio State is not going to have trouble hanging onto a top QB.
Leave it to bucketqueer to wanna compare what OSU has to WVU...

then again he’d suck the snot out of Holgys love stick and he could barely get 1 qb on the roster. And walked into Geno Smith by accident

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Rocco wins the Rivals Miami Comp MVP.... If we do not get Braden, and Rocco goes to IowaSt then performs very well, this is going to suck balls for a few years.

I really hope Braden commits soon, either way, so if he goes elsewhere, maybe the staff will have time to flip him.

When you look at our list of offered QB's, there are only 2 that are left. Braden Davis & Jayden Sauray, and it looks like Jayden may choose Maryland... Initially what kept Rocco's recruitment down was his size, but hes added some mass, esp his lower body, and has made significant improvement between his Soph & Jun yrs, and now hes betting everyone in FL.

His team recently won FL 7vs7 state championship, which is a major deal, from a QB's performance perspective. Hes going up against other more highly ranked QBs in that competition. Also just won the Rivals MVP...

I dont think every legacy should be recruited simply, because their dad or mom came to WVU, but I think Rocco is an unpolished gem that just needed a bit more time for his body to develop. A major reason why many highly rated 4-5 stars dont excel in collegiate sports, because they are ranked higher, because their body simply developed more quickly then others, giving them an edge.

Im just hoping we get a quality QB in the 22 class, we desperately need another Blue-Chip level talent in the room, as QB has been our major weakness the past couple years, and you cant compete at WVU without a very good QB to mask other inefficiencies.

Hayes is getting around. Has recruits all the way up in Delaware having him put together their stuff.

I think Davis has more upside. But he is a lot more raw.

I guess this is why WVU is looking at him.

Rocco is 6ft tall. Do we really want another short QB?

Heard the Miami camp had average QB's there.

Is he 5-9 and 145-pound QB or 6-1 and 186? See both when I Google. Trying to throw over WVU OL that got QBs smacked down regularly is NOT a good combination even if he's really 6-1. Being the #47 pro style QB doesn't engender a lot of excitement either. Passing for 3,500 yards in 2 seasons is impressive. Only a 3-star prospect. 52% career completion record not a world-beater. Even being Anthony Becht's son doesn't guarantee anything. From Wiregrass High School in Wesley, Florida.

I wish him well. But I don't understand the adulation. Becht was a fantastic receiver. But Rocco isn't Anthony. Not from what I can tell anyway. But I've been wrong before and surprised before. We'll see when WVU plays Iowa State if Rocco is even on the field.

Go back to your green jello fake one. No one cares what a pretend WVU grad and bogus success liar thinks. Lol

Rootmaster gets stuck on stupid.
Funny when he tries to play the white Al Sharpton

That is RotoRooter.
Stirring up shit all day

The one thing I agreed with Rich Rod on when he said it: "When a kid gives a verbal to another school, that just tells me who the competition in recruiting him is." A verbal is still not worth the paper it's written on.

Reactions: Rootmaster
For too many people their word is worthless. But I only care about who plays in my alma mater's uniforms, or coaches them. And, to a lesser degree, how Big 12 teams do because they affects WVU's prestige when they beat them. 19 in March Madness faced WVU last season. And WVU was 19-10! That's impressive!

ADVERTISEMENT