ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Rivals100 QB talks WVU visit

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Calabasas (Ca.) Rivals100 quarterback Tristan Gebbia visited West Virginia today and he told me that the trip exceeded his expectations. He was blown away by the campus and the environment around the football facilities and said the coaches made him feel like he was a priority. He spent a lot of time with Michael Burchett as well as wide receivers coach Lonnie Galloway and even sit down and talked offense and how he would be used with head coach Dana Holgorsen and offensive coordinator Joe Wickline. The coaches told him that they want to try to get back to some of the pocket style passing that they had done in the past and he was a perfect fit for what they wanted to do. Gebbia told me that the visit helped West Virginia tremendously because he actually had the opportunity to see everything and learn about stuff first hand instead of just his own thoughts on the place. I asked him specifically about the weather and if it was a deterrent and he told me that no it wasn't at all because you have to deal with different types of weather regardless where you go. His top five is West Virginia, Ole Miss, Nebraska, Washington State and Washington and he plans to visit Ole Miss Friday. From there he will take several trips to some of the remaining final schools and hopes to have a decision this spring. Safe to say West Virginia put its best foot forward here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News