ADVERTISEMENT

Rich brings gang together in Jacksonville Alabama

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Rodriguez gathering former assistants for his Jacksonville Alabama staff

Rick Trickett, once at WVU, as offensive line coach.

Calvin Magee, Rich’s offensive coordinator at WVU and Michigan.

Mike DeAngelo and Rod McDowell from the Louisiana Monroe staff under Terry Bowden, Bobby Bowden’s son and former Akron head coach and with the Mountaineers.

And Dusty Rutledge as chief of state who was with Rich at Glenville, WVU and Michigan.

WVsports.com is blessed to have the legend of the Parma Times grace us with his reporting acumen.

The depth and breadth of his investigative reporting, along with his acerbic wit, is only matched by his aggressive racism.

I need to know the tipoff for Saturday's game. cfe! can you tap into your inside knowledge to give me the time? Much thanks.

WVsports.com is blessed to have the legend of the Parma Times grace us with his reporting acumen.

The depth and breadth of his investigative reporting, along with his acerbic wit, is only matched by his aggressive racism.

I need to know the tipoff for Saturday's game. cfe! can you tap into your inside knowledge to give me the time? Much thanks.
I am still in eager anticipation of his in-depth analysis of how his alma mater beat VPI in basketball this season.

Mike DeAngelo and Rod McDowell from the Louisiana Monroe staff under Terry Bowden, Bobby Bowden’s son and former Akron head coach and with the Mountaineers.

And Dusty Rutledge as chief of state who was with Rich at Glenville, WVU and Michigan.
All of them are where they belong. Lower level future bottom feeding CUSA team.

If only my alma mater could have the coaching staff that Rich assembled we would all be much happier. Then we could forget about the worst 3-season start at WVU in 50 years. Trust the Climb? What Climb? Sub .500 for Neal's time in Morgantown. The Climb is in the other direction.

Reactions: pressvirginia
If only my alma mater could have the coaching staff that Rich assembled we would all be much happier. Then we could forget about the worst 3-season start at WVU in 50 years. Trust the Climb? What Climb? Sub .500 for Neal's time in Morgantown. The Climb is in the other direction.
Unfortunately I don't think a redo of Rich Rodriguez is the answer. He sold out the school before and chose to be somewhere else--don't see a return likely or desired.

Reactions: Euell
Unfortunately I don't think a redo of Rich Rodriguez is the answer. He sold out the school before and chose to be somewhere else--don't see a return likely or desired.

I WILL ALWAYS WHAT RICH DID FOR MY ALMA MATER WHILE HE WAS HERE NO MATTER WHERE HE GOES OR DOES AFTER THAT. THOSE WERE GLORY DAYS, MATCHED BY DON ONLY IN 1988 AND 1993. AND OVER-MATCHED BY DOC SPEARS WITH THE UNDEFEATED 1922 TEAM, THE ONLY WVU TEAMS TO NEVER LOSE DURING THE SEASON AND POST-SEASOON. 100 YEARS AND NO COACH AT WVU HAS MATCHED SPEARS' NO-LOSS SEASON PLUS POST-SEASON.

I WILL ALWAYS WHAT RICH DID FOR MY ALMA MATER WHILE HE WAS HERE NO MATTER WHERE HE GOES OR DOES AFTER THAT. THOSE WERE GLORY DAYS, MATCHED BY DON ONLY IN 1988 AND 1993. AND OVER-MATCHED BY DOC SPEARS WITH THE UNDEFEATED 1922 TEAM, THE ONLY WVU TEAMS TO NEVER LOSE DURING THE SEASON AND POST-SEASOON. 100 YEARS AND NO COACH AT WVU HAS MATCHED SPEARS' NO-LOSS SEASON PLUS POST-SEASON.
You now have set the record for the most nonsensical run on sentence in sports forum history!🤡 Serious question...are you still drinking as heavily as before? That might be the reason.

Reactions: SeronimusPratt
You have to hit bottom before you can climb. Program was in free fall when Holgs left. Little depth at any position. Nothing at QB. Numbers were down in every room. Yes, we did have some pretty good players, but the numbers behind them were insignificant. You could tell by the recruiting rankings in the high 40's and higher that Holgs just wasn't bringing in the quality players needed to compete in the B12. This current class (#24 this site) is the beginning of the climb.

But go ahead CFE and compare him against Doc Spears.

You now have set the record for the most nonsensical run on sentence in sports forum history!🤡 Serious question...are you still drinking as heavily as before? That might be the reason.

IF PEPSI GETS ME DRUNK, THEN I'M GUILTY. BEER AND ALCOHOL NEVER DID MUCH FOR ME. Rich and Huggins gave me my highs. And Daryll Talley, who I have chatted with over the years when he visited his brother John in Brunswick, Ohio (across the street from my daughter), the best defensive player in WVU history. Sam Huff was good, but Daryll was much better. And The Major. And the QB who married Nehlen's daughter. And Tavon Austin, the most elusive Mountaineer ballcarrier in my memory and I'm 89 years old.

IF PEPSI GETS ME DRUNK, THEN I'M GUILTY. BEER AND ALCOHOL NEVER DID MUCH FOR ME. Rich and Huggins gave me my highs. And Daryll Talley, who I have chatted with over the years when he visited his brother John in Brunswick, Ohio (across the street from my daughter), the best defensive player in WVU history. Sam Huff was good, but Daryll was much better. And The Major. And the QB who married Nehlen's daughter. And Tavon Austin, the most elusive Mountaineer ballcarrier in my memory and I'm 89 years old.
You must have kept a whole room full of copy editors busy. Wow are you ever elliptical .

No disrespect intended, Doc Spears was a very innovative and brilliant coach. But comparing records between then and now is folly. WVU finished the 1924 season by beating the crap out of Colgate, Washington and Lee, and Washington and Jefferson. I can remember when we played schools like William and Mary, Richmond and a few other powerhouses long after he was gone.

No disrespect intended, Doc Spears was a very innovative and brilliant coach. But comparing records between then and now is folly. WVU finished the 1924 season by beating the crap out of Colgate, Washington and Lee, and Washington and Jefferson. I can remember when we played schools like William and Mary, Richmond and a few other powerhouses long after he was gone.
Come on Michael...don't honor him with logic. CFE is a trouble making loon.

WASHINGTON & LEE WAS A DAMN GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM IN THOSE YEARS! BEATING THEM WAS AN ACHIEVEMENT. AND WVU WON THE PERCURSOR TO THE ROSE BOWL, TOO. AND LOST TO NO ONE! WE BRAG ABOUT NEHLEN IN 1988 WHEN HE BEAT ONLY TWO TEAMS WITH WINNING RECORDS. YES, IT WAS AN ACHIEVEMENT. BUT THE COMPETITION THAT YEAR WAS PUNY FOR WVU, WHICH MIGHT HAVE BEEN NATIONAL CHAMPS IF THE MAJOR HADN'T DISLOCATED HIS SHOULDER ON THE 3RD PLAY OF THE FIESTA BOWL AGAINST NOTRE DAME.

Yeah I remember that 1922 team beating Washington and Lee. Those were the days.

Good luck to Rich Rod and his wife leatherface, and the old staff. Hope they do well. I dont think he got enough credit for what he did at Arizona. They are for shit in football and have ben putrid since he left. He gave them some respectable seasons. AZ is no mans land for football.

SAY WHAAAT?

I dont think he got enough credit for what he did at Arizona. They are for shit in football and have ben putrid since he left. He gave them some respectable seasons. AZ is no mans land for football.
He sucked at Arizona.
43-35 (24-30)

Mike Stoops turned Arizona around and it took him 4 years.

Arizona from 1982-2002 finished 11 times in top 25 With first Larry Smith and the Dick Tomey.

In just 3 years John Mackovic turned Arizona into a shit team.

Rod took Mike Stoops teams off to a 26-14 (15-12) his next 3 disaster...17-21 (9-18) He had 1 good season.

Good luck to him at Jacksonville, he's going to need it due to this transfer portal shit.

Dont care, just stop

Reactions: Euell
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT