ADVERTISEMENT

Repeal the Second Amendment

30CAT

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Williamstown, WV
The amount of times I've heard a liberal tell me: "No one wants your guns"

I could comfortably retire, if I had a dollar for every one that did.

I can see it from both sides. I agree the admendment was written to ensure that colonial men would always have the ability to participate in militia activity and organization, and that portion of the admendment’s essence is archaic. But I also agree that the admendment also was intended to keep individual liberty empowered against the state through citizens being armed.

Now no militia in the US today would stand a chance against the US military, so both sentiments are archaic and impractical actually, imo.

But I don’t think there’s any desire from the left to take rifles, and most handguns. However, I can understand the desire by non gun owners to rid the nation of them as well.

In the end....I bet gun sales are through the roof right now. The NRA loves driving the sentiment that the left is coming for all the guns. The accuracy of it isn’t exactly legitimate....even though there’s always members of the extreme on any issue.

I can see it from both sides. I agree the admendment was written to ensure that colonial men would always have the ability to participate in militia activity and organization, and that portion of the admendment’s essence is archaic. But I also agree that the admendment also was intended to keep individual liberty empowered against the state through citizens being armed.

Now no militia in the US today would stand a chance against the US military, so both sentiments are archaic and impractical actually, imo.

But I don’t think there’s any desire from the left to take rifles, and most handguns. However, I can understand the desire by non gun owners to rid the nation of them as well.

In the end....I bet gun sales are through the roof right now. The NRA loves driving the sentiment that the left is coming for all the guns. The accuracy of it isn’t exactly legitimate....even though there’s always members of the extreme on any issue.

If it came to civil war, it's highly likely that not more than a very small portion of our military would raise arms against the people they are sworn to protect.

Our military is made up of the sons and daughters of The People. There would be a LARGE divide in the military and that small portion would lose. Especially if that war is over our right to keep and bear arms. Would anyone on this board kill family, friends or innocent people who are merely defending the Constitution, which our socalled government swore to uphold?

Progressive liberals are all for illegal aliens (even putting them before legal citizens) for voting power and disarming America in hopes of keeping that power.

If it came to civil war, it's highly likely that not more than a very small portion of our military would raise arms against the people they are sworn to protect.

Our military is made up of the sons and daughters of The People. There would be a LARGE divide in the military and that small portion would lose. Especially if that war is over our right to keep and bear arms. Would anyone on this board kill family, friends or innocent people who are merely defending the Constitution, which our socalled government swore to uphold?

Progressive liberals are all for illegal aliens (even putting them before legal citizens) for voting power and disarming America in hopes of keeping that power.
Have you been hanging out with Brushy? shew.

Reactions: countryroads89
Before I post anything, let me make it clear, I am a gun owner and am not for confiscating everyone's guns. With that said, someone explain this to me: the Republicans are the ones always crying about the need for guns because of a tyrannical government but at the same time they are the ones always advocating for more spending for our military.

Reactions: Boomboom521

maxresdefault.jpg

NQFloyT.gif

Before I post anything, let me make it clear, I am a gun owner and am not for confiscating everyone's guns. With that said, someone explain this to me: the Republicans are the ones always crying about the need for guns because of a tyrannical government but at the same time they are the ones always advocating for more spending for our military.

Yeah, funny isn't it?

Damn......add another one to completely off the reservation list. There won't be a civil war. If we didn't fight one in the 60's and 70's it will never happen.

The amount of times I've heard a liberal tell me: "No one wants your guns"

I could comfortably retire, if I had a dollar for every one that did.

Removing it as a right wouldn't remove it as a privilege ... and nobody would be coming to confiscate your guns.

Umm. Nope.
They are sworn to protect our nation against all threats foreign and domestic. In a civil war they would be doing exactly that.

It should never be considered a privilege, just like the freedom of speech.

In practice it already is. A privilege we are born with that you must lose instead of one you earn. Not every American citizen has the RIGHT to own a gun.

It should never be considered a privilege, just like the freedom of speech.

But Speech has restrictions..........you can't say "anything" you want........so why should you be able to own any gun or firearm you would like?

But Speech has restrictions..........you can't say "anything" you want........so why should you be able to own any gun or firearm you would like?

Because you're putting the onus on the individual, not the government. I can say whatever I want, but there are repercussions in certain situations. I can own and operate any gun I want, but there are repercussions in certain situations. There's not a license to talk.

The govt has done studies. In the event of a new Civil War the Military that sided with the gun owning Americans would vastly outgun those fighting on the side of the govt. It is very unlikely that it'll ever get that far.

Because you're putting the onus on the individual, not the government. I can say whatever I want, but there are repercussions in certain situations. I can own and operate any gun I want, but there are repercussions in certain situations. There's not a license to talk.
In some cases you need a license, a permit, etc.

Removing it as a right wouldn't remove it as a privilege ... and nobody would be coming to confiscate your guns.
Important point. In the very, very, very unlikely possibility that the 2A would ever be repealed, then gun ownership would simply not enjoy the special protections that it now enjoys. Gun ownership would not be illegal but theoretically it would be easier to enact gun control legislation.

What freaking Democrat appointed that justice that got all the military wannabes ready to commit treason? lol

They should visit a military base, our fighting forces don't look like a Trump rally.
And they certainly don't look like a Louis Farrakhan and Kaerperdick rally or even all the anti-Trump rallies.

The govt has done studies. In the event of a new Civil War the Military that sided with the gun owning Americans would vastly outgun those fighting on the side of the govt. It is very unlikely that it'll ever get that far.

Link? Please link this one. I need to see it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT