ADVERTISEMENT

Reality (glimpse behind the curtain)

madmaxvol

Freshman
Dec 22, 2010
I've been bantering back and forth with you guys for a little while now, boisterously at times, about reasons why Tennessee can win this game. The truth is, the match-up favors WVU and if they don't win by 2 touchdowns it would be a shock. What fun would it be for people to come onto a board and talk about how decimated their program has been by poor coaching decisions for the better part of a decade. I believe that UT will be a better program going forward...but WVU with Grier at Quarterback, catching UT in recovery mode favors the Mountaineers.

There are always some upsets the first week of the season, and one could hope that UT will be the benefactor of one of those...but it isn't likely. Here is what is true...it is tragic that WVU and UT have been playing football since the 1800's and this is the first time they have met on the field. I would love to see them play each other at each other's venues every decade or so.

So, good luck tomorrow. Here's hoping for no injuries on either side...a fun game to watch, and a fruitful season going forward.

There is always a lot of pre season optimism but honestly we don't even know if we are any good yet. This is IMO a must win and look good doing it game. Tennessee has superior talent and that plays big in early season games before team chemistry takes over. If WVU were to struggle or lose this game I do not like our chances for a successful season. We will look different on both sides of the ball this season and hopefully that is an improvement. Anyway good luck , no injuries and go Mountaineers.

Reactions: madmaxvol
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT