ADVERTISEMENT

Read story about Dotson and thought of Richardson

Nova Mountaineer

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
Morgantown
It said that Dotson dreams of playing at WVU because of Tavon. I thought about Richardson and how excited he must have been when he received scholarship offer from the Mountaineers where his father played. Then how he and his family must have felt when he accepted the offer.
The offer said that the Mountaineer coached felt he was D-l material.
Then I thought about how he must have felt when Dana withdrew the offer and told him
he wasn't D-l material.
Dotson better hope that somebody else doesn't come along Dana's likes best and
using the "Richardson rule" withdraws the offer.

It’s just crazy that Richardson offer was pulled. We recruit a lot of bad out of state leftovers. Why do that? We need to get top WV talents.

It said that Dotson dreams of playing at WVU because of Tavon. I thought about Richardson and how excited he must have been when he received scholarship offer from the Mountaineers where his father played. Then how he and his family must have felt when he accepted the offer.
Then I thought about how he must have felt when Dana withdrew the offer and told him
he wasn't D-l material.
That’s funny. I saw a Honey Dippers Septic Cleaners truck and thought of you.

Dotson a Tampa, Florida recruit. Wait, what? From Florida. I thought you said that pipeline was closed.

Miller 4 star flip from LSU. Boy wish we could recruit those 4 and 5 star players. Wait, What? We just did.

Your boy Richardson can walk on or run to mini u.

You're trolling is getting old and tiresome. It's time the board ignored you.

Dotson a Tampa, Florida recruit. Wait, what? From Florida. I thought you said that pipeline was closed.

Miller 4 star flip from LSU. Boy wish we could recruit those 4 and 5 star players. Wait, What? We just did.

Your boy Richardson can walk on or run to mini u.

You're trolling is getting old and tiresome. It's time the board ignored you.
Miller visited TAMU before choosing WVU.

So he chose WVU over 2 SEC teams. Good job by the staff.

he wasn't D-l material.

i understand WVU wanted him on defense and he wanted to be a receiver.

It’s just crazy that Richardson offer was pulled. We recruit a lot of bad out of state leftovers. Why do that? We need to get top WV talents.

Because Richardson is not top WV player. He didn't want to play WR. WVU want him at LB. So see ya.

Florida doesn’t deliver much anymore. How many do we get from Florida nowadays? Maybe 1-2 if that each year and not all work out good. We get bad leftovers from Florida too. Outside of Conjuste who was recruited 5 long years ago who else from Florida has helped us much? Florida pipeline is about dead. Been dead. So what we hired a Florida assistant from Tampa and he gets 1 Tampa kid who is a 5-9 WR with shoes on. Relax. I bet Miami, Florida, FSU aren’t fighting for him. Lol

Because Richardson is not top WV player. He didn't want to play WR. WVU want him at LB. So see ya.

How many 3-star players do we recruit every year? Exactly! Richardson was a 3-star player and in-state, with ties to WVU. Why not keep the scholarship offer?

Remember Steve Slaton? Yeah, Maryland did this same thing to him and it backfired. Steve was a 3-star RB........

Florida doesn’t deliver much anymore. How many do we get from Florida nowadays? Maybe 1-2 if that each year and not all work out good. We get bad leftovers from Florida too. Outside of Conjuste who was recruited 5 long years ago who else from Florida has helped us much? Florida pipeline is about dead. Been dead. So what we hired a Florida assistant from Tampa and he gets 1 Tampa kid who is a 5-9 WR with shoes on. Relax. I bet Miami, Florida, FSU aren’t fighting for him. Lol

No, he only held offers from Stanford, Maryland, UNC, USF and UCF. Does it hurt to know that a local kid won't be wearing a WVU uniform?

How many 3-star players do we recruit every year? Exactly! Richardson was a 3-star player and in-state, with ties to WVU. Why not keep the scholarship offer?

Remember Steve Slaton? Yeah, Maryland did this same thing to him and it backfired. Steve was a 3-star RB........

I guess we should tell 4 and 5 stars not to come.

Who said that? There's room for this WV kid. He's not a "scrub". But, this is just Holgerson being the prick that he is.

This is called a business and you need the best in the business. You call out that players skipping bowls is a business. Well so is recruiting. In recruiting business everybody is trying to get as high as they can.

WVU is raked over the coals for not being ranked higher in recruiting then raked across the coals when they get the chance to be higher.

It's a business. Same as being told you're hired, then they tell you we will let you know.

Recruiting is a business and sitting out is a business decision. Everything is a business decision. It's all about money. It's all about perspective it's all about about about.....at least I have been told.

I don't really give a flip if a recruit is from WV or Hawaii as long as we get the best. The kid could flop sure but so can the WV boy.

This is called a business and you need the best in the business. You call out that players skipping bowls is a business. Well so is recruiting. In recruiting business everybody is trying to get as high as they can.

WVU is raked over the coals for not being ranked higher in recruiting then raked across the coals when they get the chance to be higher.

It's a business. Same as being told you're hired, then they tell you we will let you know.

Recruiting is a business and sitting out is a business decision. Everything is a business decision. It's all about money. It's all about perspective it's all about about about.....at least I have been told.

I don't really give a flip if a recruit is from WV or Hawaii as long as we get the best. The kid could flop sure but so can the WV boy.

He's a 3-star......not a scrub.......how many more 3-stars do we currently have on our list, or will add? Keep the local kids, especially when they are rated 3-star or above.

EDIT: From my count, we currently have 13 three-star commits.

He's a 3-star......not a scrub.......how many more 3-stars do we currently have on our list, or will add? Keep the local kids, especially when they are rated 3-star or above.

EDIT: From my count, we currently have 13 three-star commits.

Richardson is or (was a three star recruit. He did not make first team all-state(from WV Sports Writers Assoc.) Don't believe besides a couple of Huntington kids there were many three star guys on that team (did not look them up but had not heard much about some of them) Also did the selection come out before or after the scholarship was pulled? And Logan Holdgerson(?) was 2nd team all-state at QB. Just seems questionable!

Those 13 / 3 stars - Filled needs.

Brandon Yates OT 5.6
Donavan Beaver OL 5.6
Jalen Thorton DE 5.6
Jared Bartlett LB 5.5
Kerry Martin ATH 5.5 (Charleston WV)
Nicktroy Fortune B 5.6
Osita Smith ATH 5.6
Parker Moorer OL 5.6
Taijh Alston DE 5.6
Terrance Dotson ATH 5.5
Tony Mathis RB 5.6

Amir Richardson wanted to play WR we wanted him at LB. It's a business. He coach and Amir both said the same. You want to be the best you can be in P5, this is what they do. He could have been a blue or a grey shirt. Got his scholarship in January when available. I am sure there is more to it than meets the eye. Get over it and move on.

Richardson is or (was a three star recruit. He did not make first team all-state(from WV Sports Writers Assoc.) Don't believe besides a couple of Huntington kids there were many three star guys on that team (did not look them up but had not heard much about some of them) Also did the selection come out before or after the scholarship was pulled? And Logan Holdgerson(?) was 2nd team all-state at QB. Just seems questionable!

Not really. I said after thanksgiving that there were opinions of his play that began to question. What team did 2* Kerry Martin make? Just curious if it fits the "questionable" mold...

Reactions: WVUALLEN
i understand WVU wanted him on defense and he wanted to be a receiver.

That's the story everyone seems to go with. If so why did we offer knowing he wanted to play offense: and why did he accept knowing we wanted him on defense.

He had offers from Army and Air Force, along with several Ivy schools...let's hope some of those doors are still open for him. He sounds like a kid I'd want representing my school and state.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
That's the story everyone seems to go with. If so why did we offer knowing he wanted to play offense: and why did he accept knowing we wanted him on defense.

He had offers from Army and Air Force, along with several Ivy schools...let's hope some of those doors are still open for him. He sounds like a kid I'd want representing my school and state.

Think of the timing. At the time, he may have been one of the best recruits we had at that position. Since the coaches feel they have filled that need with better players than Richardson, he was let go or given the chance to change spots to a position of need. He didn't want that so he was let go by mutual decision.

I too hope those offers still hold. He deserves the best.

he wasn't D-l material.
how about this, and hear me out, Dotson is BETTER suited for WVU. I dont care if hes from East Asscrack Arkansa

The "we had already filled the need at that position reason" (excuse) is the same that was given as to why the coaches didn't go hard after Ryan Switzer. He wasn't going to be that great anyway is what the defenders said. I think Dana could have found a way to get him on the field. Every class we take some chances with guys and most never pan out. I agree the coaches have to take the best available but when filling out a class why not give the benefit of the doubt to the local kids in those situations.

I get what you are saying. But, its a business. Sometimes those decisions pan out and sometimes they don't. You will be judged with a new contract or let go as a result.

That written, I don't get the special affinity for WV kids. I want WVU coaches to get the best kid available no matter where he is from. If he's from WV then so be it. But if he's from, as another poster so eloquently put it, East Asscrack Arkansas then get him.

If the WV boy turns out to be a fantastic player at some other school - great for him. He's showing us what a mistake we made not signing him. But, how often does that happen? You can throw out some names but lets not count the ones that never considered WVU an option like the Wright kid from Huntington. I doubt you could go back 20 years and find a handful or two who wanted a WVU offer and didn't get one that went on to play somewhere else.

There are always misses, no matter where they are from.

Just do a better job owning your state. Apparently we can’t even do that. Swiss cheese.

The "we had already filled the need at that position reason" (excuse) is the same that was given as to why the coaches didn't go hard after Ryan Switzer. He wasn't going to be that great anyway is what the defenders said. I think Dana could have found a way to get him on the field. Every class we take some chances with guys and most never pan out. I agree the coaches have to take the best available but when filling out a class why not give the benefit of the doubt to the local kids in those situations.

Dana had gotten here to late to make up ground on Switzer. The deal was already done and he knew it when he went to see him.

Just do a better job owning your state. Apparently we can’t even do that. Swiss cheese.

Wow we don't recruit WV kids at all...It's apparent you don't look at the roster.

Derek Pitts - South Charleston WV
Campbell , Shea - Morgantown WV
Turner, Joseph - Morgantown WV
Poland, Kyle - Morgantown WV
Wolfley, Stone - Morgantown WV
Kinney, Billy - Morgantown WV
Ritchie, Josh - Morgantown WV
McDaniels, Dalton - Morgantown WV
Davis, Zach - St. Mary's WV
Rush, Nick - Clarksburg WV
Williams, Luke - Parkersburg WV
Buchanan, Daniel - Gilbert WV
Lindsay, Deamonte - Martinsburg WV M
Stilley, Adam - Martinsburg WV
Riley, Chase - Shinnston WV
Wesco, Trevon - Martinsburg WV
Staley , Evan - Romney WV
Cookman, Sam - Romney WV
Bowen , Druw - Charleston WV
Watson, Brady - Ridgeley WV
Abbott, Jake - Fairmont WV
Stills, Darius Fairmont WV
Stills, Dante - Fairmont WV
Smyton, Garrett - Elkins WV
Donahue , Reese - Ona WV
Green, Nate - Wellsburg WV
Tonkery , Dylan - Bridgeport WV
Bonamico , Dante Bridgeport WV
Drummond , Elijah - Bridgeport WV
Drummond, Noah - Bridgepot WV

Wow we don't recruit WV kids at all...It's apparent you don't look at the roster.

Derek Pitts - South Charleston WV
Campbell , Shea - Morgantown WV
Turner, Joseph - Morgantown WV
Poland, Kyle - Morgantown WV
Wolfley, Stone - Morgantown WV
Kinney, Billy - Morgantown WV
Ritchie, Josh - Morgantown WV
McDaniels, Dalton - Morgantown WV
Davis, Zach - St. Mary's WV
Rush, Nick - Clarksburg WV
Williams, Luke - Parkersburg WV
Buchanan, Daniel - Gilbert WV
Lindsay, Deamonte - Martinsburg WV M
Stilley, Adam - Martinsburg WV
Riley, Chase - Shinnston WV
Wesco, Trevon - Martinsburg WV
Staley , Evan - Romney WV
Cookman, Sam - Romney WV
Bowen , Druw - Charleston WV
Watson, Brady - Ridgeley WV
Abbott, Jake - Fairmont WV
Stills, Darius Fairmont WV
Stills, Dante - Fairmont WV
Smyton, Garrett - Elkins WV
Donahue , Reese - Ona WV
Green, Nate - Wellsburg WV
Tonkery , Dylan - Bridgeport WV
Bonamico , Dante Bridgeport WV
Drummond , Elijah - Bridgeport WV
Drummond, Noah - Bridgepot WV

Crap! We can't recruit more WV kids to play because our roster is already filled with WV kids who don't play.

Crap! We can't recruit more WV kids to play because our roster is already filled with WV kids who don't play.

Crap 304 says we don't have any. We need them all to win the national title. Just because the others go someplace else doesn't mean they were not recruited. Amir talent went downhill. We found somebody else.

I seriously doubt that's part of his job requirements. I bet Mike Locksley is required to keep every MD recruit then

Job reviews are much different for a D1 coach than a Burger King employee, as you're accustomed to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT