ADVERTISEMENT

RBG Analysis

DvlDog4WVU

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
First, like her or not, one has to respect RBG and what she represented for women empowerment. I disagreed with her politically on many issues, but I respect the hell out of her. Her passing is a hit on America and an icon was lost. May she Rest In Peace.

Now, on to the analysis. We’ll skip over the straw man of how this equates to Merrick Garland. It doesn’t. That talking point doesn’t pass surface level analysis. Don’t even entertain the conversation, anyone trying to use it is a rube.

Should Trump nominate a name? If he doesn’t, and allows the election to determine it, it could turn a lot of previously Biden leaning moderate conservatives towards electing Trump as they will see preservation and or increasing Conservative positions on the bench as a reason to hold their nose and vote for Trump. The obvious risk is getting swept and RBG’s replacement being an extreme liberal like Sotomayor or Kagan. This Situation could not only carry the Presidency, but the Senate for the GOP, and then, we get what we want anyway.

Trump putting forward a name. Obvious risk is that it doesn’t pass, and the GOP is swept. However, this tactic could also benefit Trump. First, we’ve have 3 months of lunacy from the left over the summer. So much so that the left has had to abandon Antifa and BLM because the internal polling on them was killing them. Even Pelosi condemned them. Him putting forward a name is going to cause a firestorm from the left. They’ve already shown an inability to not be crazy. All they had to do was not be crazy and they couldn’t do it. Does anyone think they’ll be able to maintain their shit over this? It’ll make the last 3 months look like a prayer meeting creating an even greater example of what the left really is and why they’re bad for the country. I say, let’s roll the dice and see how crazy they become. Only benefits the right.

Assuming we go forward with a name, the question I asked my friends last night was, do you put forward a woman, a Hispanic, or someone who is black?

Trump is surging with Hispanics and blacks, and has a problem with women. The conservatives already have Clarence Thomas, adding another black man/woman, would continue to cut into the AA vote. Watching the left come unglued on a black person could serve multiple purposes. 1. Further paint the accurate picture that the left cares more about power than caring about POC. They use blacks for props and it has happened in every major election for decades. Attacking the nominee, which they’re going to do, viciously, would at a minimum disenfranchise black voters and cause them to vote Trump at best or at a minimum cause them to stay home.

Nominating a woman like Amy Coney Barrett or Barbara Lagoa can be very interesting. I’d personally go with Lagoa. Lagoa is Hispanic, and sat on FL Supreme Court. She also sits on the 11th circuit and has already gone through confirmation once, receiving an 85-15 confirmation. Would be damned hard for the left to wheel on this and contest it after supporting her for the 11th so overwhelmingly. Also, triple whammy of her being a woman, Hispanic, and from FL which is a battleground state.

I personally think that even though significant inroads are being made with the AA community, it’s still considerably unreliable. I’d nominate Lagoa. Throw a bone to women voters and Hispanics and capitalize on the FL element for someone who has already gone through confirmation.

Let the left go batshit on a woman and a POC. It only helps the GOP. I have zero confidence the left can keep from acting crazy. Use their unhinged behavior against them. This could very well solidify the WH, Senate, and SCOTUS. At a minimum, securing SCOTUS is more important than anything. I’d gladly sacrifice the Senate and WH for a 6-3 majority, but I believe this could be the issue that actually solidifies a win for the WH and possibly the Senate.

The left can’t not be crazy.

First, like her or not, one has to respect RBG and what she represented for women empowerment. I disagreed with her politically on many issues, but I respect the hell out of her. Her passing is a hit on America and an icon was lost. May she Rest In Peace.

Now, on to the analysis. We’ll skip over the straw man of how this equates to Merrick Garland. It doesn’t. That talking point doesn’t pass surface level analysis. Don’t even entertain the conversation, anyone trying to use it is a rube.

Should Trump nominate a name? If he doesn’t, and allows the election to determine it, it could turn a lot of previously Biden leaning moderate conservatives towards electing Trump as they will see preservation and or increasing Conservative positions on the bench as a reason to hold their nose and vote for Trump. The obvious risk is getting swept and RBG’s replacement being an extreme liberal like Sotomayor or Kagan. This Situation could not only carry the Presidency, but the Senate for the GOP, and then, we get what we want anyway.

Trump putting forward a name. Obvious risk is that it doesn’t pass, and the GOP is swept. However, this tactic could also benefit Trump. First, we’ve have 3 months of lunacy from the left over the summer. So much so that the left has had to abandon Antifa and BLM because the internal polling on them was killing them. Even Pelosi condemned them. Him putting forward a name is going to cause a firestorm from the left. They’ve already shown an inability to not be crazy. All they had to do was not be crazy and they couldn’t do it. Does anyone think they’ll be able to maintain their shit over this? It’ll make the last 3 months look like a prayer meeting creating an even greater example of what the left really is and why they’re bad for the country. I say, let’s roll the dice and see how crazy they become. Only benefits the right.

Assuming we go forward with a name, the question I asked my friends last night was, do you put forward a woman, a Hispanic, or someone who is black?

Trump is surging with Hispanics and blacks, and has a problem with women. The conservatives already have Clarence Thomas, adding another black man/woman, would continue to cut into the AA vote. Watching the left come unglued on a black person could serve multiple purposes. 1. Further paint the accurate picture that the left cares more about power than caring about POC. They use blacks for props and it has happened in every major election for decades. Attacking the nominee, which they’re going to do, viciously, would at a minimum disenfranchise black voters and cause them to vote Trump at best or at a minimum cause them to stay home.

Nominating a woman like Amy Coney Barrett or Barbara Lagoa can be very interesting. I’d personally go with Lagoa. Lagoa is Hispanic, and sat on FL Supreme Court. She also sits on the 11th circuit and has already gone through confirmation once, receiving an 85-15 confirmation. Would be damned hard for the left to wheel on this and contest it after supporting her for the 11th so overwhelmingly. Also, triple whammy of her being a woman, Hispanic, and from FL which is a battleground state.

I personally think that even though significant inroads are being made with the AA community, it’s still considerably unreliable. I’d nominate Lagoa. Throw a bone to women voters and Hispanics and capitalize on the FL element for someone who has already gone through confirmation.

Let the left go batshit on a woman and a POC. It only helps the GOP. I have zero confidence the left can keep from acting crazy. Use their unhinged behavior against them. This could very well solidify the WH, Senate, and SCOTUS. At a minimum, securing SCOTUS is more important than anything. I’d gladly sacrifice the Senate and WH for a 6-3 majority, but I believe this could be the issue that actually solidifies a win for the WH and possibly the Senate.

The left can’t not be crazy.

Very well thought out analysis. I could not disagree with you more. Why? Because you are coming from the position of a staunch MAGA supporter. Me, I am a moderate who has now shifted, so you are trying to convince me how I should feel and react to this situation and various scenarios.

This is what we know....the Trump base is baked, it doesn’t move. He can do or say anything that he wants and this percentage of individuals (a vast majority of this OT Board) wouldn’t blink and at the same time, put into the concept of defending said positions....

In 2020, for the first time in history, we have more registered independents than we have registered Republicans......why do you think that is? A lot of people who think and feel like me who are repositioning......just in my own immediate family, there are (4) of us who voted GOP in 2016 that will vote Biden in 2020.

Trump isn’t gaining.....he is only losing position from 2016 while at the same time, the Democratic Party is much more aligned and zoned for this election, they already have a distinct advantage in percentage of registered voters.....

This move surges two groups.....moderates who want a balanced SCOTUS and progressives who want to keep the staunch conservatives from controlling SCOTUS for a generation....

Very well thought out analysis. I could not disagree with you more. Why? Because you are coming from the position of a staunch MAGA supporter. Me, I am a moderate who has now shifted, so you are trying to convince me how I should feel and react to this situation and various scenarios.

This is what we know....the Trump base is baked, it doesn’t move. He can do or say anything that he wants and this percentage of individuals (a vast majority of this OT Board) wouldn’t blink and at the same time, put into the concept of defending said positions....

In 2020, for the first time in history, we have more registered independents than we have registered Republicans......why do you think that is? A lot of people who think and feel like me who are repositioning......just in my own immediate family, there are (4) of us who voted GOP in 2016 that will vote Biden in 2020.

Trump isn’t gaining.....he is only losing position from 2016 while at the same time, the Democratic Party is much more aligned and zoned for this election, they already have a distinct advantage in percentage of registered voters.....

This move surges two groups.....moderates who want a balanced SCOTUS and progressives who want to keep the staunch conservatives from controlling SCOTUS for a generation....
You’re not a moderate. And there are a lot of moderates who’d rather protect the courts above all else.

You’re not a moderate. And there are a lot of moderates who’d rather protect the courts above all else.

My voting record would disagree with you. A belief system stays in place, but positions can change based on environment....

Something that you and other staunch MAGA are blind too....

My voting record would disagree with you. A belief system stays in place, but positions can change based on environment....

Something that you and other staunch MAGA are blind too....
A moderate is able to objectively analyze policy. You’re a staunch anti-Trumper and by any definition, that’s not a moderate.

Reactions: JWG66 and Airport

No. It's not the first time in history that we have more registered independents than Republicans. LMAO!

A moderate is able to objectively analyze policy. You’re a staunch anti-Trumper and by any definition, that’s not a moderate.

Again, my voting record speaks my itself....read and understand what I am writing......a belief system can stay in place, but positions may change based on environment.....

There are more moderates and Republicans voting against Trump the man, then there are opposite pickups for Trump from others.....Trump won because of low turnout and dislike for Clinton....

This isn’t 2016......

You want more dumb ass? Do your homework before you make statements......

Again, my voting record speaks my itself....read and understand what I am writing......a belief system can stay in place, but positions may change based on environment.....

There are more moderates and Republicans voting against Trump the man, then there are opposite pickups for Trump from others.....Trump won because of low turnout and dislike for Clinton....

This isn’t 2016......
I’m reading what you’re saying. You making an inaccurate assessment of yourself is irrelevant to the analysis above. You aren’t he targeted demo of the analysis’s impact nor are the crazy progressives.

You’re trying to equate moderate with Anti-Trump. I’m friends with many moderates who are able to maintain objectivity. And those moderates are voting for Trump because of his policies coupled with the left’s inability to not be crazy.

Voting for Trump is not an extremist position, no matter how much you try to make it that way. He’s made it very easy to do so because of his policy.

You want more dumb ass? Do your homework before you make statements......

Nope I knew you were going to post links that refuted your theory that Republicans are changing to independents because of Trump. You walked right into it like the fat boy that you are.

Nope I knew you were going to post links that refuted your theory that Republicans are changing to independents because of Trump. You walked right into it like the fat boy that you are.

You have issues dude. I feel sorry for you.

I’m reading what you’re saying. You making an inaccurate assessment of yourself is irrelevant to the analysis above. You aren’t he targeted demo of the analysis’s impact nor are the crazy progressives.

You’re trying to equate moderate with Anti-Trump. I’m friends with many moderates who are able to maintain objectivity. And those moderates are voting for Trump because of his policies coupled with the left’s inability to not be crazy.

Voting for Trump is not an extremist position, no matter how much you try to make it that way. He’s made it very easy to do so because of his policy.

We can agree to disagree. This is all mute until January 21, 2021.....

You have issues dude. I feel sorry for you.

Now you're just mad. It's not my fault that you think voters are leaving the party in droves because of Trump when the data provided in the links YOU posted clearly dispute that. Sorry sis

This isn’t 2016......
This is a pipe dream.

Now you're just mad. It's not my fault that you think voters are leaving the party in droves because of Trump when the data simply disputes that. Sorry sis

So there are now more registered Democrats and more registered Independents than there are registered Republicans but the data disputes that? Is this WVA math you are using or just sticking your head in the toilet?? Curious?

So there are now more registered Democrats and more registered Independents than there are registered Republicans but the data disputes that? Is this WVA math you are using or just sticking your head in the toilet?? Curious?

And it has NOTHING to do with Trump. Since Trump has been elected, the percentage of Dem voters have fallen sharper than Republican

And it has NOTHING to do with Trump. Since Trump has been elected, the percentage of Dem voters have fallen sharper than Republican

That’s funny, since 2016 Dems have a net increase versus GOP in PA, AZ, FL and NC.....

You know, it’s funny, I’ve never wanted to be that douche bag who corrects grammar on a message board.....it happens to the best of us....
It’s my one my two bugaboos. The Mute/Moot and “irregardless”. Only things I ever correct. I even let the Could/couldn’t care less slide, but those two bug me.

The Rinos like dedhoops and the dinos don't vote based on platform or values.

They vote based upon emotions, who looks more presidential, who has the longest track record, who they want to have a beer with, who they like best, etc.

That's why they see staunch conservatism as being crazy. They do the same with staunch liberalism.

The Democrat Party has always had more support than the Republican Party. People naturally want to follow a party or someone who doesn't want to hold them accountable for anything. Whatever it is, it isn't your fault. You aren't rich like Bill Gates - not your fault. You don't have a job - not your fault. You got pregnant and want to kill your baby - its ok, not your fault. The list can go on and on. If a president believes in holding people responsible, then he is a mean man, a racist, bigot, or whatever catchword of the week is and cannot be voted for.

There really is no point in arguing with them or trying to persuade them with policy. They aren't interested in policy. They want us to be liked in the world and want to believe the guy sitting in the seat is a good guy. Who gives a crap what he believes in.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
The Rinos like dedhoops and the dinos don't vote based on platform or values.

They vote based upon emotions, who looks more presidential, who has the longest track record, who they want to have a beer with, who they like best, etc.

That's why they see staunch conservatism as being crazy. They do the same with staunch liberalism.

The Democrat Party has always had more support than the Republican Party. People naturally want to follow a party or someone who doesn't want to hold them accountable for anything. Whatever it is, it isn't your fault. You aren't rich like Bill Gates - not your fault. You don't have a job - not your fault. You got pregnant and want to kill your baby - its ok, not your fault. The list can go on and on. If a president believes in holding people responsible, then he is a mean man, a racist, bigot, or whatever catchword of the week is and cannot be voted for.

There really is no point in arguing with them or trying to persuade them with policy. They aren't interested in policy. They want us to be liked in the world and want to believe the guy sitting in the seat is a good guy. Who gives a crap what he believes in.

It’s called being human. It’s called being American. You choose party above those two things.....I don’t. I am human first, American second.....

For guys like you, the policy position, allows you to sleep at night knowing that you are supporting a conman and horrible human being......that’s your prerogative, not mine.

ADVERTISEMENT