ADVERTISEMENT

RB Trey Rodriguez leaves Marshall week after losing starting job

WVU82

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Running back Trey Rodriguez, who began the season as Marshall’s starting running back but was largely unproductive, has left the program, school officials confirmed Friday.

Rodriguez carried 33 times for 72 yards for the Herd (2-1), averaging only 2.2 yards per attempt. After making two starts, he was demoted during Week 3 and finished with four carries for minus-2 yards in a 21-0 win over Kent State.

Junior Keion Davis replaced Rodriguez in the lineup and gained only 26 yards on nine carries, but freshman Tyler King sparked the offense late to finish with 101 yards on 14 attempts.

Rodriguez spent the 2016 season in junior college after being dismissed at Florida Atlantic, where he produced 419 yards and five touchdowns as a freshman.

Marshall has a bye this week before visiting Cincinnati on Sept. 30

With all the players that quit or get tossed in the regional jail, it's shocking to think that the Herd is still the Flagship.

Old news. Some of my Cabell County relatives told me earlier in the week that T Rod was gone. Seems that the rats are jumping the sinking ship a little more often these days.

Reactions: Mgant79
Old news. Some of my Cabell County relatives told me earlier in the week that T Rod was gone. Seems that the rats are jumping the sinking ship a little more often these days.

Let's see how many rats leave your sinking ship if you get Jayhawked again today.

but marshals slide starts in August and is WAY longer and more severe than ours.......but at least you all get paid 200 grand for it[banana]

It doesn't matter. Because of their pathetic schedule Marshall could finish the year 12-1 including a CUSA "championship" and still end up in a bowl game that doesn't cover the travel expenses involved in getting there.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
It doesn't matter. Because of their pathetic schedule Marshall could finish the year 12-1 including a CUSA "championship" and still end up in a bowl game that doesn't cover the travel expenses involved in getting there.

Your SOS (according to Sagarian) currently is ranked 145, 44 spots lower than Marshalls 101. I get you have your tough stretch coming soon, but as they have been since joining the B12, there all near automatic losses.

Your SOS (according to Sagarian) currently is ranked 145, 44 spots lower than Marshalls 101. I get you have your tough stretch coming soon, but as they have been since joining the B12, there all near automatic losses.

Glad you're finally appreciating the strength of the Big 12 Conference schedule. Hell, even that ass-hat, Herbstreit, who bleeds B10 and SEC, had 2 B12 teams in his top 4. It's fun to play in a top shelf conference. With that goes its privileges, money, fan support, and opportunity. Welcome to the WVU Appreciation Club; where we're making WV'ians proud everyday.

Glad you're finally appreciating the strength of the Big 12 Conference schedule. Hell, even that ass-hat, Herbstreit, who bleeds B10 and SEC, had 2 B12 teams in his top 4. It's fun to play in a top shelf conference. With that goes its privileges, money, fan support, and opportunity. Welcome to the WVU Appreciation Club; where we're making WV'ians proud everyday.

You're the equivalent of UK football in the SEC, congrats

I think we won 10 games last year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT