ADVERTISEMENT

Random WVU updates from Morgantown

Pospecteer

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2006
For those who don't know, Coach Nehlen is having a fundraiser this weekend for the children's hospital. They kicked it off at Tropics last night. It was great to hear his former players kind of roast him. The impact he had on many of our best players was astounding.

A couple of cool/funny things that happened.
-Freddy Boom Boom Smalls gave a heartfelt story about how Coach Nehlen saved him from the streets of Philly. He said he made a lot of bad choices, and he forced Coach to finally throw him off of the team before he realized that if he went back to Philly he would most likely end up dead or in prison. He said Coach let him rejoin the team and he cleaned up his life, graduated and now has two master's degrees. Says he owns one of the largest private security firms in LA. I actually think it drew some tears from the crowd.

-Brad Hunt speaks next and opens with, "yea. Freddy, I remember when you and Whitey Daniels robed the Domino's delivery guy and stole his car.

-Major said that Coach Nahlen would stop by his apartment and carry his equipment to practice. He then gave Coach a big hug.

I think they may be doing something tonight at the lake and bowling on Saturday, which is new this year.

-Stopped into Daniels to get fitted for a Tux and they were organizing the new black jerseys. The white numbers really pop on the black jerseys. They looked pretty sharp.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News