ADVERTISEMENT

Question for those who have been to Austin....

va87eer

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2006
We have a group going to Austin this year for the first time and are wondering which parking lots are best for tailgating. My top criteria would be:

--Relatively big lot with many people tailgating
--Opens as early as possible before the game

We're not worried about traffic and don't mind paying 100-200 for parking. We are not interested in garages or cheaper/convenient parking miles from the stadium as our main interest is tailgating.

From the looks of the parking map on Stubhub I would probably go for the Navy Blue lot ($120-210) or the Pink lot ($100-220) but I'm hoping for some advice from someone that's been there. I'd appreciate anything you can tell me.

We have a group going to Austin this year for the first time and are wondering which parking lots are best for tailgating. My top criteria would be:

We're not worried about traffic and don't mind paying 100-200 for parking. We are not interested in garages or cheaper/convenient parking miles from the stadium as our main interest is tailgating.

From the looks of the parking map on Stubhub I would probably go for the Navy Blue lot ($120-210) or the Pink lot ($100-220) but I'm hoping for some advice from someone that's been there. I'd appreciate anything you can tell me.
http://www.texassports.com/news/2015/6/12/GEN_0612152536.aspx

I am there and you will not pay that much for parking.

Park in the public parking lot beside the German Restaurant (near the stadium). Multiple level parking lot garage. I can't recall the name but it is beside the german restaurant by the stadium towards 6th street.

First come, first serve. Many UT fans get there very early. You'll need to get there even earlier as they position themselves for parking, fire up the generators , and start watching TV of old bowl games.

If you want to be sure of a place to tailgate in the parking building beside the German restaurant you best be there at the break of dawn. I have seen what time the Longhorn fans arrive. They arrive early and start cooking (hog) and drinking beer (Lone Star). They some crazy folks. I am glad I never did learn to hang out with them after moving here from WV. They still see me as a Yankee. In spite of that I still yell out a big Yiiiiippppppppeeee every time I cross the Texas state line headed for home 30 miles out of Dallas. Warez

Tell 'em Texas ain't part of the South, it's North Mexico. That always gets them going.

Austin is hard to get around in on a normal day. Head in early and hope for the best. It's a helluva lot easier to hoof it in Austin than it is in Morgantown, though. No vertical climbs or grappling hooks needed.

If you want to be sure of a place to tailgate in the parking building beside the German restaurant you best be there at the break of dawn. I have seen what time the Longhorn fans arrive. They arrive early and start cooking (hog) and drinking beer (Lone Star). They some crazy folks. I am glad I never did learn to hang out with them after moving here from WV. They still see me as a Yankee. In spite of that I still yell out a big Yiiiiippppppppeeee every time I cross the Texas state line headed for home 30 miles out of Dallas. Warez

Warez, are you north or south of Dallas? I'm about 20 miles northwest.

If you get there a day or two early, head out to Salt Lick in nearby Dripping Springs area for some authentic Texas BBQ. You won't regret it!

Warez, are you north or south of Dallas? I'm about 20 miles northwest.
Mounty Dan.......................I am in the McKinney area. Not too far from Allen. How about that multi-million dollar high school football stadium Allen built? Now, McKinney gonna throw about $60 Million for a new high school stadium. Insanity! Heck, the McKinney / Allen area highways looks like a little High Five,............................... like the Dallas area boasts.

Mounty Dan.......................I am in the McKinney area. Not too far from Allen. How about that multi-million dollar high school football stadium Allen built? Now, McKinney gonna throw about $60 Million for a new high school stadium. Insanity! Heck, the McKinney / Allen area highways looks like a little High Five,............................... like the Dallas area boasts.

My wife's family is from Sherman. Her Grandaddy made hunnerts building the Interstate highways up there and in Oklahoma. Built Tanglewood Resort. Ole' X-Pat, he married well, dadgum!

I went to the last game in Austin. It's an entirely different league of tailgating than were used to. Without the bare minimum of an RV you will be laughed out of the parking lot

Buy a late 60's - early 70's vintage F-150 4WD, put a topper on it and bolt railroad ties on her for front and back bumpers. If they start laughing, throw her into mule gear and climb their damned RV's while pissing out the windows. Then bust through the stadium gate and run down Bevo while doing donuts on the field. Throw the steer in the back and shower the Texicans with empty beer cans as you scatter the crowd.

Texicans are all mouth, and slow to react as it's too damned hot. By the time they quit bitchin' and moanin', you'll be in old Mexico cookin' up Bevo tacos. The Mexicans will greet you as heroes. Like all right thinking people they can't stand Texas or Texans. I'm sure one of cartel heads will give you mucho dinero for such a wonder truck. You fly home and make money on the deal.

You know, if the Big-12 were smart they'd drop Texas and pick up the University of Guadalajara.

Reactions: va87eer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT