ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the Buzzard

Dreh_Nagi_HC_IM

Freshman
Feb 22, 2017
Was checking out properties throughout WV recently, and it seems the housing market up in your area is much higher than others. Also looked at southern WV, but couldn't imagine being amongst the pillbillies. Lewisburg and White Sulphur areas are also a little pricey, but throughout WV, it's still much lower than up this way.

What are the decent areas in Central WV, preferably somewhat out in the country, but yet, close to civilization? I can start my own brewery, once settled, so I'm good there.

I'd suggest somewhere in Lewis County if you're wanting to be in a location with a country feel and still with convenient access to shopping, etc. 20 miles to Clarksburg, 50 miles to Morgantown, 100 miles to Charleston, all on the I-79 corridor. You'd be 1 1/2 hours from the mountains and have quick access to Stonewall Jackson Lake, Burnsville and Sutton Lakes if you're into water sports.

For me, if I hit the lottery I'd buy a small farm in the Tygart Valley in the Huttonsville area where my wife is from. Not convenient to anything but some of the most beautiful scenery in the state and some of the most genuinely good people you'd meet anywhere.

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
ADVERTISEMENT