ADVERTISEMENT

Question for any NHL fans

COOL MAN

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
Do any of you listen to NHL Network Radio on Sirius XM ??

If so, do you know anything about the major programming changes for the new season ??? I admit I've never listened to the Network all that much in the morning; though I always liked Mick Kern's late morning War Room show (and Mike Ross' early morning Hockey this Morning somewhat less so).

But I heard Gord Stellick (who I've never cared for) and Rob Simpson (meh) doing the morning Show today and was wondering why Ross wasn't on this early in the season. Imagine then my surprise to check the Sirius channel lineup and seeing that Stellick and Simpson now had the permanent 7A-11A morning slot, and Steve Kouleas (meh) and Matt Barnaby (OK) now have the 11A-2PM slot.

I've also been wondering why Boomer Gordon and Scott Laughlin were working the afternoon Power Play show together......Gordon was working that slot when Laughlin took his annual month off this past summer......but I didn't realize they were now paired on that Show permanently. I also see that most of the former NHLN talent has been canned (though it appears Mick Kern has moved to the Production side).

Do you know anything about this mostly-massacre move by Sirius in (I think) Canada ??

Do any of you listen to NHL Network Radio on Sirius XM ??

If so, do you know anything about the major programming changes for the new season ??? I admit I've never listened to the Network all that much in the morning; though I always liked Mick Kern's late morning War Room show (and Mike Ross' early morning Hockey this Morning somewhat less so).

But I heard Gord Stellick (who I've never cared for) and Rob Simpson (meh) doing the morning Show today and was wondering why Ross wasn't on this early in the season. Imagine then my surprise to check the Sirius channel lineup and seeing that Stellick and Simpson now had the permanent 7A-11A morning slot, and Steve Kouleas (meh) and Matt Barnaby (OK) now have the 11A-2PM slot.

I've also been wondering why Boomer Gordon and Scott Laughlin were working the afternoon Power Play show together......Gordon was working that slot when Laughlin took his annual month off this past summer......but I didn't realize they were now paired on that Show permanently. I also see that most of the former NHLN talent has been canned (though it appears Mick Kern has moved to the Production side).

Do you know anything about this mostly-massacre move by Sirius in (I think) Canada ??
I had Sirius up here for 6 months and loved it...particularly the college station...but I found their prices to be somewhat exorbitant up our way...I agree Gord Stellick is about as interesting as watching paint dry in winter. I love Barnaby any time I hear him...I'm not sure if the changes are coming from our way or your side of the border truthfully? ......

I had Sirius up here for 6 months and loved it...particularly the college station...but I found their prices to be somewhat exorbitant up our way...I agree Gord Stellick is about as interesting as watching paint dry in winter. I love Barnaby any time I hear him...I'm not sure if the changes are coming from our way or your side of the border truthfully? ......

From what I can tell, the programming decisions come exclusively from Sirius/XM-Canada; and the entire roster of on-air talent.....both before and after the changes.....is (from what I can tell) from Toronto. But man, the new folks.....even by previous NHLNR standards.....are downright violently opposed to the Penguins.

They're acting like they're all Leafs fans, and are PO'd at the Pens because their team got fleeced for Kessel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT