ADVERTISEMENT

Prognosis for Pens game tonight?

Quick goals by Malkin and Maata have Pens up early. Bernier looking shaky in net. Keep it going!

After an entertaining first, the game turned into a preseason-like mess. Johnston has to go. This team is disorganized.

After an entertaining first, the game turned into a preseason-like mess. Johnston has to go. This team is disorganized.
I was flipping back and forth between the Pens and CF. Near the end of the 2nd period the Pens were on a PP that was so sloppy if you didn't know better you would have thought the Leafs had the man advantage the way they were controlling the puck.

Would rather see them play meh and win than dominate (which we've all seen before) and lose. I'm just sorry that Sid and Kessel made the decision NOT to dress last night for HNIC :( but I'm equally happy the Leafs......while skating VERY well after giving up the 2 goals......really were unable to generate too many good scoring chances.

At least Geno is in beast mode right now......here's hoping he can keep it up until some of their other zillionaires finally decide to join the team.

Would rather see them play meh and win than dominate (which we've all seen before) and lose. I'm just sorry that Sid and Kessel made the decision NOT to dress last night for HNIC :( but I'm equally happy the Leafs......while skating VERY well after giving up the 2 goals......really were unable to generate too many good scoring chances.

At least Geno is in beast mode right now......here's hoping he can keep it up until some of their other zillionaires finally decide to join the team.
On Malkin's goal he was FLYING down the right side!

On Malkin's goal he was FLYING down the right side!

Isn't it something what effort can do for a struggling scorer like Malkin? On the other hand, I don't care what anyone says, Sid is going 75% at best. I have no idea why but when you see guys like Sproung, Perron, and Hornquist playing with more effort, you have to wonder if he is hurt or just doesn't give a crap anymore. In Last years playoff series against the Rangers, Sid was out played in the playoffs by Sutter and it wasn't close.

What was good about the Malkin goal was that he was fortunate enough coming down the wing to have been matched-up defensively against a physically-disadvantaged forward (Arcobello, I believe) rather than a defenseman. Still, Geno did what you need to do in that situation; he took FULL advantage of the mismatch.

Meanwhile, I admit I can't figure out Crosby either. In the past, we've typically used injuries (often non-publicized) in defense of his lack of production.....though I've neither read nor heard he's having ANY such problem. Anyway, why NOT go ahead and grant him that excuse here as well.

Let me add I fervently hope this isn't some form of quiet rebellion against the coaching Staff (something I don't believe he's EVER been accused of doing before).

This doesn't have anything to do with the Pens, but it appears that Paul Martin will miss his second game of the new season tonight with an LBI and is said to be day-to-day.

It's no secret Martin is a pro's pro and an even better guy; but EJ Hradek was talking about him on NHL Live this afternoon and wondering if he's the kind of player that the older he gets......he's now 34......the more games he'll miss due to injuries (which is the case, I suppose, for most aging players.....as we Pens fans well know with Dupuis and Kunitz). In his 5 years in Pittsburgh, Martin played 77, 73, 34, 39, and 74 games; actually, that's more than I thought.

Anyway, Hradek was going fairly overboard about how damaging this injury is for San Jose; why is it I find it hard to believe he'd be quite as concerned.....though Hradek admittedly does not have a history as a media cheap shot artist like so many these days......about Martin's (and the team's) well being if he were still playing for the Pens ??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT