ADVERTISEMENT

Private sector companies added 497,000 jobs in June, more than double expectations, ADP says

That’s not good news as has been pointed out. The market is recouping some of the loss today, because the fed #s tell a different story. We need higher unemployment…to a point…to make it less likely we need to keep raising interest rates.

High employment isn’t optimal for my business…as I’m sure it’s not for most…as it makes it harder to hire people and I have to pay them more, which affect my profit margins. I also have to hire people I pay more yet are less qualified and then pay even more to train them. I’m turning away clients due to the tough employment market.

That’s not good news as has been pointed out. The market is recouping some of the loss today, because the fed #s tell a different story. We need higher unemployment…to a point…to make it less likely we need to keep raising interest rates.

High employment isn’t optimal for my business…as I’m sure it’s not for most…as it makes it harder to hire people and I have to pay them more, which affect my profit margins. I also have to hire people I pay more yet are less qualified and then pay even more to train them. I’m turning away clients due to the tough employment market.

Groomer_Eer

you’ve enabled this shit to happen.

We're struggling now because not only are many folks NOT qualifying for loans due to tight restrictions from lenders or poor credit, they can't even afford the credit they do qualify for! I'd suggest leasing (especially our "free" lease deals) but they can't afford those either! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don't blame Biden voters for ignoring all of this incompetence and ineptitude. I'd be embarrassed to admit I voted for him too. Certainly nothing to brag about regarding his job performance, and most polls clearly demonstrate it.

We're struggling now because not only are many folks NOT qualifying for loans due to tight restrictions from lenders or poor credit, they can't even afford the credit they do qualify for! I'd suggest leasing (especially our "free" lease deals) but they can't afford those either! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Ill just keep paying off stuff and hording cash, thanks. Down to house and boat that I owe on.

Next vehicle will be cash only.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Remind me. How many jobs did Trump create when he was in office?
That’s right, he lost 3 million jobs.

I guess you don’t understand the stock market. Great jobs numbers like these mean the Fed is more likely to raise interest rates and that drives stock prices down.. Trump never had to worry about that.
Rent free

Ok, you’ve already conceded the argument when you referred to sales taxes to pay for essentials. As there is no Federal sales tax, you have acknowledged the need for state and local government.

When you pay those sales taxes, how are you paying them? With bushels of corn, bags of coal. The Federal government literally makes the US currency, so no government, no money. Would you have each community, or county, or state take over the printing of their own local money? We could go back to company script. You might suggest we use crypto-currency, but how would you acquire it with no money. Even if you could get your hands on crypto, if your broker decided to steal it (as we’ve already seen), what’s you recourse? No courts, remember.

Same with a state or local bank. Maybe you think you can write a check on a Welch bank for a purchase in Roanoke, but what if they don’t take “Welch Dollars”? Any reasonable person would agree that having a recognized currency makes every day commerce possible and efficient.

Maybe you want to use gold coins and silver coins? Who mints them? Who insures the minted coins meet the purity standards? If someone pays you with a gold-plated coin. What do you do? There are no federal treasury agents, remember?

Highways. You ever notice highways with signs like US 40, US 50, US 60, US 19, US 119? Yep, federally funded highways. Just like our interstate highways. You think private investors would have come in and built those roads in WV? No, West Virginia is too small and too poor to give an attractive return on investment for private highways.

Defense. We’ll go with militias! When Elkins is invaded by China the locals can get their deer rifles and shoot down those Gen 5 fighters, and take out those tanks. We don’t need no stinkin’ Navy! You know the Chinese just love met coal, and they have a BIG navy. Those big coal vessels we send to Europe and Asia could just be pirated without US Navy protection. Think of what’s going on with Iran now.

Schools. Schools are mainly funded by state and local governments. What federal funding there is, probably isn’t essential for public school survival. Let’s go to 100% private education! Only $10,000 per year per student. Reading is an over-rated skill anyway. And some of our leaders love the under-educated.

Health and Safety. Do we really need food inspection? Those illegal Central American immigrants working in Iowa meat packing plants wouldn’t allow the manure to get into your breakfast sausage, would they? And mine inspection. We don’t need mine inspectors. Coal mine owners and operators never sleep because all they ever think about is worker safety. Right?

I’ll be the first to admit that all government is bloated, Federal, State, and local. And I think that replacing income tax with a VAT is certainly worth discussion. However, a Federal government is essential to the well-being and prosperity of the American people. If you prefer anarchy over government, you’d love Afghanistan.
Spoken like someone who has no clue about how any of thar stuff actually works.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT