ADVERTISEMENT

Preliminary findings

It has been reported that another prisoner in the van heard Gray slamming himself into a wall. If he was not injured during the arrest then he either was thrown into the wall because he was not strapped down or he threw himself into the wall. Regardless, he should have been strapped in.

It has been reported that another prisoner in the van heard Gray slamming himself into a wall. If he was not injured during the arrest then he either was thrown into the wall because he was not strapped down or he threw himself into the wall. Regardless, he should have been strapped in.
He never moved his legs as they dragged him to the van.

I watched an interview by Don Lemon with an African American acquaintance of one of the officers in the van on CNN last night. She said it was common practice NOT to belt the prisoners WHEN they are out of control. She said the reason was because they have been bitten and spit on when then reach around to fasten the restraints.

I watched an interview by Don Lemon with an African American acquaintance of one of the officers in the van on CNN last night. She said it was common practice NOT to belt the prisoners WHEN they are out of control. She said the reason was because they have been bitten and spit on when then reach around to fasten the restraints.

They just played the interview again and the "very, very, close friend" of the van driver stated the Freddie Gray was "irate and kicking" things inside the van. She also said she felt the injuries occurred before he was placed inside the van. If he could not move his legs or stand on them as some on here believe, how is that even possible. Also the van driver is the only one of the six officers who has not given a statement to the investigators. The lady friend also stated she felt all six officers would be "railroaded" because of the actions of two or three officers.

It doesn't matter. This calamity won't go to waste ........... it is now just another resource of a pathetic society.

DOOOOOOOOOMED!!!

They just played the interview again and the "very, very, close friend" of the van driver stated the Freddie Gray was "irate and kicking" things inside the van. She also said she felt the injuries occurred before he was placed inside the van. If he could not move his legs or stand on them as some on here believe, how is that even possible. Also the van driver is the only one of the six officers who has not given a statement to the investigators. The lady friend also stated she felt all six officers would be "railroaded" because of the actions of two or three officers.

Some folks have already decided the police murdered the kid and no amount of facts will change their mind. Its pretty easy to figure out who thinks that on here.

At the end of the day the state of maryland and the city/county will decide what happens and all the opinions in the world will mean little.

I saw one article in which several doctors said it looked like he was injured prior to being put in the van.

There is another article stating that the officer in the arrest had his guns taken away at one point over psychological concerns.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/re...lth/ar-BBj0SR9?li=BBiKMeP&ocid=ansFOXsports11

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/me...ck-was-injured/ar-BBj0WwV?ocid=ansFOXsports11

I really don't like these things coming out like this before the entire investigation is complete.

Gray made eye contact with a cop, and then took off running. If he doesn't do that, he's still alive.

It's possible that he had a pre-existing condition that would have made him more susceptible to spinal injury, and that excessive force wasn't used. Or at least it wouldn't have been excessive force on a normal person.

Or, he ran from a cop that was mentally unstable and excessive force was used, and his spinal cord was damaged before being put into the van.

Or, he injured himself on purpose in the van. However, the reports of him throwing himself around in the van ... if his spine was already injured and he wasn't strapped in and couldn't stabilize himself with his legs, it seems like it would be pretty easy for any turn to throw him around in the van.

We don't have all of the information yet. The examination isn't complete. But one thing is certain ... people are going to pick one of those narratives now based on their own prejudices instead of waiting for all the facts to come out.

It is probably a good time to keep your powder dry until we get an official report. There are too many conflicting stories by people who are only speculating. Heard the good Dr regular on Fox yesterday AM. He reported "no way" can the vertebra be broken inside the wagon. I like the good Dr, but he is full of crap that back of neck or lower cannot be broken. The break to the front of the neck is another matter - maybe.

He should have been strapped down - maybe. Unless things have changed over the years, this individual is normally a more Sr officer who is putting his time in before retirement and wants lighter duty. He was assigned to this duty for the day. It is not unusual to pick several passengers on a trip. That exposes one older person into the wagon to secure the riders. In the past, he has been spat on, pissed on, crap been rubbed on. He has been head bumped, punched and kicked all over during his career. In other words, he is putting his physical well being in jeopardy when he gets in the wagon with his prisoners.

This passenger has been reported to being mad as hell(confirmed by fellow passenger). He was obviously raising a little hell inside that tin can. Fellow prisoner could hear from other compartment, but don't know if he could actually see what was happening. Was man beating his head on side or kicking side, etc? Obviously doing something because driver stopped and checked on his passengers. Probably looked thru a peep hole to check the status and told him to sit down.

Could prisoner fall and break his neck? Imagine standing while riding SpaceMountain at Disney. Also, hands were restricted behind his back. The prisoner is standing in the middle of the van. Driver stops or makes turn. It is not a bit imaginative to assume he is going to fall. I trust you can see how many ways he could fall and he is bowing a bit to start when he fully loses his balance. I would assume he would ram head first into a wall - head bowed and the neck snaps from the back. Now remember the windpipe was also broken in the front.

I have no problem at all with back of neck breaking. Sorta struggle with the front from the same blow. Need an investigation and professional analysis to tell me how both happened.

It is probably a good time to keep your powder dry until we get an official report.
HA HA and then you go on to offer five paragraphs of speculation.

Feds don't strap prisoners in wagon during transport. Hands are cuffed in front, feet are shackled.

Did I suggest they take some action or keep powder dry? I typed so much, that I don't remember, but I don't believe I wanted any action.

I believe Mosby kept suggesting that was BPD policy vs. state statute was a charge she was making. It gives her a little cover for charge of some type of failure to comply with policy. Not even sure her charge was in violation of the law. Seems like she just charge with everything they could have possibly broken. She said two times she was trying to satisfy some charge the protesters have been making for all the killings recently.

There is another article stating that the officer in the arrest had his guns taken away at one point over psychological concerns.

Not sure why this matters. They apparently gave him his guns back. Isn't this more about how they transported the guy than what was done to him?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT