At Oklahoma State
L 24-50

Vs Oklahoma
L 31-58

Record 6-6
Another Heart of Dallas Bowl it looks like

Too many tough road games
The last 4 will kill WVU again.

Time to bring in a coach who doesn't play FLag Football.

vs Tennessee
W 48-31

vs Youngstown State
W 58-7

At NC State
L 27-37

Vs Kansas State
W 37-34 (OT)

AT Texas Tech
L 24-41

Vs Kansas
W 48-20

At Iowa State
W 31-20

Vs Baylor
W 41-27

At Texas
L 17-38

Vs TCU
L 20-37

At Oklahoma State
L 24-50

Vs Oklahoma
L 31-58

Record 6-6

You're trying too hard!

vs Tennessee W
vs Youngstown State W
At NC State (to close to call)
Kansas State W
AT Texas Tech W
Vs Kansas W
At Iowa State W
Vs Baylor W
At Texas L
Vs TCU W
At Oklahoma State (to close to call)
Vs Oklahoma L

anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2. Depends on the to close to call games.

Easy wins
Youngstown St
Kansas

Most Likely wins
Baylor
Tennessee

Probable wins
Kansas St
Iowa St
Texas Tech

Toss ups
TCU
NC State

Probable losses
Texas
Oklahoma State

Most Likely Losses
Oklahoma

Sliding scale but I say 8-4

11-1

Got a real good feeling about this team. We beat Oklahoma for first time as member of the big 12. The loss will be at Texas.

vs Tennessee L
vs Youngstown State W
At NC State L
Kansas State W
AT Texas Tech W
Vs Kansas W
At Iowa State L
Vs Baylor W
At Texas L
Vs TCU W
At Oklahoma State L
Vs Oklahoma L

6-6

7-5 with Will Grier not playing in the second half in the TCU game based on him not wanting to get hurt.
Then skipping the rest of the season.
Jack Allison might be even better than Grier.

And here I thought this was a serious post.

Drink more Milk Professor X
328.jpg

lol. Why Vernon is the poster trying too hard? Is it because he or she doesn't see DH as coach of the year caliber? Come on now...his opinion is the same that the Vegas boys are sayin'. Maybe the odds makers are "trying to hard."
I'm far from Mr. Optimistic but everything he says is negative and without doing the math it looks like he's planning for the losses to be in the three TD range (avg). I'm not sure this team will reach the level that many fans expect but it very well could and winning eight games is probably as likely or even more likely than winning six.

I'll tell you this, if this team only wins six you can look for a great promo around Christmas that will be for those interested in coverage of the new coaching staff.

Reactions: 4everloyal
6-6 is actually the narrative around the program.

The ten wins and Will Grier for Heisman is self promotion

Football Power Index (FPI) projections for the 2018 season only give the Mountaineers a 2.3 percent chance of winning the Big 12 in 2018 — forecasting between just 6 and 7 wins for West Virginia. The team’s FPI of 7.7 is good for No. 36 overall in college football.

vs Tennessee
W 48-31

vs Youngstown State
W 58-7

At NC State
L 27-37

Vs Kansas State
W 37-34 (OT)

AT Texas Tech
L 24-41

Vs Kansas
W 48-20

At Iowa State
W 31-20

Vs Baylor
W 41-27

At Texas
L 17-38

Vs TCU
L 20-37

At Oklahoma State
L 24-50

Vs Oklahoma
L 31-58

Record 6-6

The power of 1 Corinthians 7:19 compels you!

Reactions: Bronco-eer
For all of you folks predicting a loss to NC State, let me know how many points you’ll give me and I’ll take WVU on the wager. I think it is now legal to wager on the state, right?

Reactions: 4everloyal
I'm far from Mr. Optimistic but everything he says is negative and without doing the math it looks like he's planning for the losses to be in the three TD range (avg). I'm not sure this team will reach the level that many fans expect but it very well could and winning eight games is probably as likely or even more likely than winning six.

I'll tell you this, if this team only wins six you can look for a great promo around Christmas that will be for those interested in coverage of the new coaching staff.

Would 7-5 get rid of Dana?

If Dana Holgersen is fired what type of coach does WVU go after.

IMO
A) Defensive minded coach
B) Someone who has ties to OH or Western PA
Or
Someone with ties to the DMV
C) Someone with head coaching experience

With Durkin not being included

Last edited:

Judaism does not accept the inspiration of the New Testament or its account of the fulfillment of the Old Testament prophecies.

Probably anywhere from 7-5 to 9-3. Hoping for a magical 10+ win run but defense and special teams will likely rear their traditionally bad heads at some point this season.

L to Tennessee? You need to change your pick in the pick'em thread. You chose WVU to beat Tennessee.
Thought you knew I graduated from Troll U back in '82?

Additionally, I always post curve balls on my pick-em, due to CR89 having a habit of copying my picks. In other words, I tend to edit my picks five minutes prior to the deadline.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Thought you knew I graduated from Troll U back in '82?

Additionally, I always post curve balls on my pick-em, due to CR89 having a habit of copying my picks. In other words, I tend to edit my picks five minutes prior to the deadline.

That's strange. I had a perfect week last year and you didn't. If I copied your picks, why did I kick your ass for the entire year?

That's strange. I had a perfect week last year and you didn't. If I copied your picks, why did I kick your ass for the entire year?
You beat me by the slimmest of margins, assuming the person in charge of tallying results didn't err. That means you cherry picked my picks, and you also don't have the balls to go out on a limb and pick upsets. Grow a sack.

You beat me by the slimmest of margins, assuming the person in charge of tallying results didn't err. That means you cherry picked my picks, and you also don't have the balls to go out on a limb and pick upsets. Grow a sack.

You are the pussy whining about me kicking your ass, falsely accusing me of "copying your picks" and you're telling me to grow a sack?

LMAO!

I'm a little less optimistic than most WVU fans. If everyone stays healthy I see them finishing 7-5 or 8-4.

I am torn between 8-4 and 9-3. I just can’t get over the thought we will lose the toss up games because special team play or some other strange event.

8-4 is the guess. 10-2 is the hope

Last edited:
For all of you folks predicting a loss to NC State, let me know how many points you’ll give me and I’ll take WVU on the wager. I think it is now legal to wager on the state, right?
You're the last person who should be making wagers. How did your wvu over Va tech, Oklahoma state over Oklahoma and wvu being better than 7 wins last season work out for you?

Reactions: Rootmaster
Tennessee - win. Grier utilizes a plethora of offensive weapons through the air to beat an inexperienced Volunteer secondary. After allowing a couple of scores, Gibson's defense clamps down.

Youngstown State - win. Unlike the last time, WVU starts pulling away in the second quarter and doesn't look back. Allison relieves Grier late in the 3Q.

At NC State - win. In Grier's second North Carolinian homecoming of the year, WVU utilizes a balanced attack and squeaks out a victory in Raleigh.

Vs Kansas State - win. West Virginia climbs within the Top 10 and handles the wizard at rowdy Mountaineer Field.

AT Texas Tech - win. While a letdown is possible, Dana continues to own Kliff as of late.

Vs Kansas - win. A much improved Jayhawk squad invades Motown and only loses by 30.

At Iowa State - loss. The letdown arrives, Iowa State upsets a Top 10 team on their home turf.

Vs Baylor - win. West Virginia rebounds with a solid win on Thursday night football over a struggling program.

At Texas - loss. The Longhorns edge the Mountaineers in a back and forth contest.

Vs TCU - win. Touchdowns a plenty, but West Virginia holds off the toads.

At Oklahoma State - win. Gundy's mullet has disappeared, and so has the uncontrollable offensive firepower in Stillwater.

Vs Oklahoma - loss. West Virginia edges closer to taking down the Sooners, but Oklahoma's overall talent and depth prove too difficult.

Final record 8-3. WVU finishes 3rd in the Big 12 behind Oklahoma and Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT