ADVERTISEMENT

Post game interview

alveolus

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2001
As many of you know o have been very critical of Neil Brown. after watching last nights interview I think he may finally be stepping in the right direction. He needs to:

keep the sick feeling he has in his gut yesterday and today for the rest of his career. I think he’s finally figuring out time is short. his Options are very limited after a gracious contract completion at a losing P5 program. He’s finally figured it out. People don’t care about him they care about wins and losses. It’s his reputation.

Finally finally it sounds like he’s getting disgusted with stupidity. he should’ve sat a person or two after Oklahoma. it may be too little too late but Cowan doesnt need to suit up or travel. Winnie Wright doesn’t need to play a quarter or half. Doesn’t matter. We’d F something up anyways with him. Time for receivers to take notice. Hang on to the ball or sit. Talent level doesn’t matter. Depth chart doesn’t matter. Execute.

I like how he’s realized a key to winning is running. he’s had turnover of the OL And a full season with the new guys playing together. He’s watched his cancer from two years ago make weekly highlights for a top ten OSU. Maybe just maybe he’s calling out the OL coach. Now I did see improvement in the OL yesterday but it’s clear to me. To send the correct message one of the losers needs to be freed from their responsibilities. Either the QB, OL, WR or OC. Plenty of options. doesnt have to be wholesale. Probably easiest to swap the OC for the offensive analyst. If NB doesn’t make a change in his staff then I have sorely underestimated his level of disgust yesterday.

he’s stated before that he has a method of taking JC kids or transfers. I get that but his way takes too long in today’s transfer market. If there is a stud mobile QB we need to jump on it with whatever NIL resources we can muster. The next target should be a legit sideline to sideline shoot the correct gap and make solid contact MLB. We are sorely missing the likes of a Long or Fields. Those 3rd down conversions would not happen.

having said that I know we will have another year of Doeg and we won’t spend 200k like Auburn did years ago. knowing that this morning and every day from now until next fall camp I would be scouring the JC circuit and the recruiting services for an in line blocking TE who can catch if called upon. Doesn’t have to be a Kelce. Needs to be a wesco or McLaughlin. there is no doubt in my mind this offense is much better wirh a healthy McLaughlin and much worse without him. The amount of NIL money thrown at this kid should be as high as demanded. we do our best when we have excellent play at the TE position.

i loved the hire in his first two years. My patience has grown thin because Of a lot of his on field decisions. Like delay of game after time outs. I think there’s been a change behind the scenes because thIs has gotten better. I hope the level of disgust I think I noticed is reality not perception. We shall see in the next couple months.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News