ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Will Geno Be The Year 3 Starter With The Jets ??

LowFatMilk

All-Conference
Apr 21, 2012
My Magic Eight-Ball (from the 60's) gave the reply, 'Outlook not so good'.
This post was edited on 2/26 8:20 PM by LowFatMilk

really? soliciting geno hate for fun. i mean... do wvu fans need to take more shots at geno than they already do? the guy already knows how you feel.

Originally posted by wvpaper:
really? soliciting geno hate for fun. i mean... do wvu fans need to take more shots at geno than they already do? the guy already knows how you feel.
Ummm.... ..I didn't vote in my own poll yet.

Obviously you feel he will not be the starter...since you're attacking me for simply asking a question about it.

---------------

'Soliciting Geno hate for fun' ??? Go f yourself man.... ...I'm a HUGE FAN of GENO SMITH.

Originally posted by WVRON:
Look at who the OM is. She's been booted from this board and the Blue Lot and begged V to let her back.

So instead of giving Geno props....like I have in this thread....you're attacking other people ?

Very telling.....

This could go a lot of differennt ways, imo.

No way the jets will draft a game ready QB. Free agent QBs will provide plenty of competition. Also, they could strike QB gold in a later round. It happens. I think Geno's best bet is to start game 1 and get on a run (lucky or otherwise). Unless they get some players to block and catch, the jets are likely to have a parade of QBs in 2015.

It's the Jets so I'm not expecting anything short of ridiculousness.

images

This post was edited on 2/26 9:18 PM by PriddyBoy

This post was edited on 2/26 9:19 PM by PriddyBoy

No, he will be on the team though and probably get another chance to start at some point

Give me an example of who would start game one over a guy who threw for 358 yards(80% completion rate), 3TDs, and a 158 QB rating, his last game against a pretty good defense in the Miami Dolphins? Don't see a rookie, Vick, or any free agent on the market that could come in and take his job.

Originally posted by BurninDownTheCouch:
Give me an example of who would start game one over a guy who threw for 358 yards(80% completion rate), 3TDs, and a 158 QB rating, his last game against a pretty good defense in the Miami Dolphins? Don't see a rookie, Vick, or any free agent on the market that could come in and take his job.
Probably someone who doesn't have more INTs than TDs in his career.

I live here, the fanbase wants anyone other than Geno at this point. While they don't totally hate him as a person or anything like that, if the Jets want to sell tickets and merchandise next year they will make sure someone else is starting week 1, if the Jets actually think anything of Geno they will keep him on the roster as a #2.

Jets can easily draft Mariota or Winston and make them the day 1 starter. They can also go and grab unproven guys that have shown flashes like Ryan Mallett, Brock Osweiler, or whoever that are looking for starting roles but haven't gotten it due to being stuck behind franchise QBs.

I personally think Geno has yet to get a fair shake with a competent offense, but unfortunately that's life in the NFL, fans and administrators do not want to give a 2nd round pick 3 years to "show something".

Geno actually did fairly well down the stretch (not just on that one game) compared to his early season performance. Improvement is nice. I think Geno will be starting QB week 1.

How can the Jets easily draft Mariota or Winston? They'd have to give up a fortune to trade up to get either of those guys. Osweiler plays for the Broncos, who have shown no inclination to trade him. Mallett will be starting in Houston. There aren't any good free agent QBs. The Jets have a new coach and one that can actually coach some offense and that isn't a buffoon, unlike the last guy.

Of course the fans are unhappy, they always are the team loses, but there aren't other QB options out there for the Jets and it's not like Geno's struggles have come with a lot of weapons to work with.

Originally posted by xWVU2010x:

I live here, the fanbase wants anyone other than Geno at this point.
Then the fanbase is stupid.

They need a line that will block and receivers that can get open and catch the ball before they concern themselves with who the QB is.

A run game would be great too, which goes back to the line.

Originally posted by WhiteTailEER:

They need a line that will block and receivers that can get open and catch the ball before they concern themselves with who the QB is.

Im just telling you the overall feeling here. They want all of those things also but the guy is only a 2nd round pick, they don't have a ton invested in him and the early returns are poor any way you slice it. The new coaching staff and FO is not tied to him so he will get an unbiased look at him, and my opinion is if they like what they see they will hang onto him as the #2 with a chance to start down the road, but they are ultimately going to bring in someone else who will ideally be their day 1 starter whether its the draft, free agency or trade.

Buffalo is about to give up on EJ Manuel who hasn't even started 16 games yet. RG3 went from savior to dumpster fire in 1 season, Blaine Gabbert is about to be out of the league, Johnny Manziel may never play another game.

That's life in the NFL, produce or sit down.

Im just telling you the overall feeling here. They want all of those things also but the guy is only a 2nd round pick, they don't have a ton invested in him and the early returns are poor any way you slice it. The new coaching staff and FO is not tied to him so he will get an unbiased look at him, and my opinion is if they like what they see they will hang onto him as the #2 with a chance to start down the road, but they are ultimately going to bring in someone else who will ideally be their day 1 starter whether its the draft, free agency or trade.

Buffalo is about to give up on EJ Manuel who hasn't even started 16 games yet. RG3 went from savior to dumpster fire in 1 season, Blaine Gabbert is about to be out of the league, Johnny Manziel may never play another game.

I wasn't attacking you. I've heard a lot through the combine and mock draft talks that the Jets need a QB. They need a helluva lot more than a QB, and there's only a couple/few in the league that would ever make that offense more than average, if that. Geno was thrust into a position not terribly different from David Carr.

I agree with everything you said. I just think it's foolish to for the fanbase to be so focused on the QB when the QB has no time to throw it, nobody to throw it to, and no option for play-action to be effective.

It's hard to fault the Jets fans for the way they feel about Geno. He didn't have a very good season compared to what we saw in college. If he comes out of the gate winning games this year, those same fans will love him again.

Depends on the draft/off season moves ...

right now I don't see anyone on the roster taking Geno's place. However if they draft a QB or pick up a QB during the offseason, there is a good chance he will not be the starter. That's not a knock on Geno, its just that the Jets management have proven through the years to be inept at best. Rather than addressing the true issue and realizing that the organization will likely require 2-3 seasons to build a competitive team from this current mess, the brass will likely take the easy route and appeal to the fickle, mostly ignorant Jets fan base by putting out a shiny new QB. Doesn't matter if the new QB is better or worse than Geno, fans will initially get behind him just because he is someone new. The Browns actually increased ticket sales just by drafting Manziel who has contributed nothing and looks like a wasted 1st round pick when discussing long term success, however the owners did get instant gratification.

Re: This could go a lot of differennt ways, imo.

Seemingly some good news for Geno....

....I've heard more than once on local radio shows (near Philly) that the Eagles ALREADY have a deal in place to trade 1st round draft positions with the Jets IF Marcus Mariota is available at their pick.

Who knows what the Eagles would have to give to make that happen....moving from 20th to 6th is going to cost them. Hopefully it's additional early round picks this season because Geno needs help NOW.

--------------

There's really no 'sexy' free agents at QB...so even with all the open cap space the Jets new coaching staff would seemingly be committing to Geno if this trade goes through.....

I wasn't attacking you. I've heard a lot through the combine and mock draft talks that the Jets need a QB. They need a helluva lot more than a QB, and there's only a couple/few in the league that would ever make that offense more than average, if that. Geno was thrust into a position not terribly different from David Carr.

I agree with everything you said. I just think it's foolish to for the fanbase to be so focused on the QB when the QB has no time to throw it, nobody to throw it to, and no option for play-action to be effective.
WhiteTail....you consistently prove yourself to be one of the more SENSIBLE poster's on this here board...the minions won't listen however...shame.

Paperboy................where do you read the negative posts that you claim WVU fans are making toward Geno? I ain't seeing them anywhere. You seem to be trying to cause an issue here. I have had you figured out for some time. Warez

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT