ADVERTISEMENT

Politico article pulled some good quotes re: Obama's comments

DvlDog4WVU

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Obviously the left hates FoxNews and has done everything in its power to delegitimize it for going on a third Presidency despite attacking Trump for his vilifying of the media...seems odd. I think Megyn Kelly and Eric Bolling raise some good points regarding the Dems in that their failure to engage FoxNews and those who watch FoxNews played a more significant role than anything FNC says.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/fox-news-jabs-back-at-obama-over-coverage-criticism-232043

"I think she was scared to sit down with someone who would ask her hard questions," anchor Megyn Kelly fired off during her Wednesday taping of "The Kelly File." "Why not speak to the country that watches Fox News, loves Fox News and trusts it?"

To compound Megyn's point here, I don't recall Hillary doing many sitdown interviews at all over the last 18 months, so it's not only her shunning FNC. She flat out was trying to hide from any real media scrutiny. What was it? Something absurd like 8 straight months in the midst of the email investigation that she didn't do a single interview? As noted in the article, it wasn't until after the Presser that Comey made where she even agreed to sit down FNC.

It's not like the RNC avoids MSNBC or CNN. Quite the opposite actually. How often do you see Pelosi, Clinton, Obama, Reid, etc. come on Fox? By failing to appear on the show and face criticism, you are effectively isolating yourself to only those who would be favorable to you in interviews and allow you the opportunity to put your talking points out there. Whenever one of the aforementioned has appeared, FNC has been very respectful even to the point of conservatives being pissed for not going harder at them.

The strange part of Obama's comment is that Fox, by and large, was anti Trump. Murdoch was. Megyn Kelly was and is. Shep Smith hates Trump. Brett Baier does not let his bias show very much, but his three guests sure do. They hated Trump. Krauthhammer, Hayes and Liason all hated him. But to be fair, he also had Ingraham on on occasion and she loved Trump as did the Washington Times writer (I forget his name).

His big support was from the Hannity opinion show. O'Reilly was fair to Trump, both criticizing and supporting. But generally, I think he liked Trump.

But Obama truly hates Fox. But they are a drop in the media bucket. They have maybe 3,000,000 viewers. ABC, CBS, NBC dwarf that number. The NY Times and Wash Post, the two most influential papers in the country loved Obama. By and large the media, except for Fox and talk radio, loved Obama. It makes no sense for him to single out Fox unless he wants a monolithic media that adores him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT