ADVERTISEMENT

Police flagged Highland Park shooter ‘clear and present danger’ in 2019; he later cleared 4 background checks

30CAT

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Williamstown, WV
But we need more gun control laws...SMH Imagine the lives that could have been saved by enforcing current law, instead of wasting time making more.

Once again, this proves making more laws while not enforcing the ones we have in place, won't do a damned thing but punish the law-abiding.

Leftists are destroying our country

LINK: The suspect in the Highland Park, Illinois, Fourth of July mass shooting was flagged by police as a "clear and present danger" in 2019, authorities said Tuesday.

Robert "Bobby" E. Crimo III, 21, the suspect in the mass shooting that killed seven people and wounded dozens of others at a Fourth of July parade, was still able to clear state-required background checks to purchase firearms on at least four separate occasions between 2020 and 2021, the Illinois State Police said.

"In September 2019, ISP received a Clear and Present Danger report on the subject from the Highland Park Police Department. The report was related to threats the subject made against his family," Illinois State Police said in a statement posted to Twitter by a staff member for Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker.

The report said that when Highland Park officers went to the family's home and asked Crimo if he felt like harming himself of others, he said no. Police said Crimo's father claimed knives in the home belonged to him and they were being kept in Crimo's closet for safekeeping. Based on that information, Highland Park Police returned the knives to the father that day.

The statement said police did not make any arrests at the time and that members of the family were "not willing to move forward on a complaint."

Members of the family also did not "provide information on threats or mental health that would have allowed law enforcement to take additional action," the ISP statement added.

"Additionally, no Firearms Restraining Order was filed, nor any order of protection," ISP said.

Such action police could have taken included revoking a licensed-gun owner's Firearm Owners Identification card (FOID), which is required in the state to own or purchase a firearm.

Illinois State Police said at the time of the September 2019 incident the suspect "did not have a FOID card to revoke or a pending FOID application to deny."

Three months later, Crimo did apply and successfully obtained an FOID card, police said.

"The subject was under 21 and the application was sponsored by the subject’s father. Therefore, at the time of the FOID application review in January of 2020, there was an insufficient basis to establish a clear and present danger and deny the FOID application," police said.

The suspect went on to clear four background checks when purchasing firearms on June 9, 2020; on July 18 and July 31, 2020; and on September 20, 2021.

Illinois State Police said the suspect did not have mental health prohibitor reports on his record and his only criminal offense was a possession of tobacco charge in January 2016.

Police said before the Sept. 2019 incident, they responded to an attempted suicide in April that same year. These also did not prevent the suspect from legally purchasing a high-powered rifle that he is believed to have used to kill seven people during the July Fourth parade.

No reason to raise an eyebrow here :rolleyes:
Crimo.jpg

Reactions: roadtrasheer
That doesnt say he posed a clear and resent danger. It says there was a report by his family and no one elected to pursue it.

This guy had no criminal record and no documented history of mental health yet you want to pretend enforcing our laws would have stopped the shooting. The laws that could have stopped it, you and the gun lobby prevent.

this idiot, with no record, owning guns is exactly what you and the gun lobby have been clamoring for. Funny how a persons rights can instantly change when convenient.

That doesnt say he posed a clear and resent danger. It says there was a report by his family and no one elected to pursue it.

This guy had no criminal record and no documented history of mental health yet you want to pretend enforcing our laws would have stopped the shooting. The laws that could have stopped it, you and the gun lobby prevent.

this idiot, with no record, owning guns is exactly what you and the gun lobby have been clamoring for. Funny how a persons rights can instantly change when convenient.

This is Chicago with the most strict gun laws imaginable. Their red flag law did nothing. He was flagged.

Do yourself a favor and read this.

This is Chicago with the most strict gun laws imaginable. Their red flag law did nothing. He was flagged.

Do yourself a favor and read this.
Doesn’t change anything. This idiot had the fundamental right to legally acquire the firearms he used in the attack.

if you are arguing that citizens with no record shouldn’t be able to legally acquire firearms, you are arguing for stringent gun control.

Doesn’t change anything. This idiot had the fundamental right to legally acquire the firearms he used in the attack.

if you are arguing that citizens with no record shouldn’t be able to legally acquire firearms, you are arguing for stringent gun control.

I'm arguing that more gun control laws won't do a damned thing. The ones we have in place don't stop anything. There are laws against murdering people. Those laws don't stop them from happening.

Taking my guns won't keep you safe from lunatics who want to kill you. I'm a law-abiding citizen. I'm not one you have to worry about, but you're on the side of those wanting to disarm me.

I'm arguing that more gun control laws won't do a damned thing. The ones we have in place don't stop anything. There are laws against murdering people. Those laws don't stop them from happening.

Taking my guns won't keep you safe from lunatics who want to kill you. I'm a law-abiding citizen. I'm not one you have to worry about, but you're on the side of those wanting to disarm me.

That argument is fine but stop pretending we have laws in place to prevent the Chicago attack and enforcing those is the key to prevention. Those laws don’t exist and were opposed by the same people who are now demanding we enforce existing laws. This guy legally acquired his weapons.

That argument is fine but stop pretending we have laws in place to prevent the Chicago attack and enforcing those is the key to prevention. Those laws don’t exist and were opposed by the same people who are now demanding we enforce existing laws. This guy legally acquired his weapons.

If leftists in Chicago enforced their laws (that don't work anyway) it is their opinion that this massacre wouldn't have happened. Illinois' Red Flag Law allows family members, household members OR law enforcement to petition the courts for temporary restrictions for aquiring a firearm. No one did anything, inculding law enforcement. Look it up.

It is my strong opinion that he would have done what he was going to do, regardless. My point is, the VERY scrict laws in Chicago isn't preventing it to be the gun crimes capital of the nation.

Last edited:
You’re making the same point we are. Gun laws don’t work. The only thing that will work is eliminating gun ownership. Good luck.

If leftists in Chicago enforced their laws (that don't work anyway) it is their opinion that this massacre wouldn't have happened. Illinois' Red Flag Law allows family members, household members OR law enforcement to petition the courts for temporary restrictions for aquiring a firearm. No one did anything, inculding law enforcement. Look it up.

It is my strong opinion that he would have done what he was going to do, regardless. My point is, the VERY scrict laws in Chicago isn't preventing it to be the gun crimes capital of the nation.
Why would they petition the courts? There is nothing indicating he was a threat to anyone.

There are literally no laws on the books that address this situation so stop with the nonsense argument that unenforced laws are the issue here.
The idiot legally acquired a firearm, just as you want him to be able to do. He then used the weapon in the exact manner it was designed.

Why would they petition the courts? There is nothing indicating he was a threat to anyone.

There are literally no laws on the books that address this situation so stop with the nonsense argument that unenforced laws are the issue here.
The idiot legally acquired a firearm, just as you want him to be able to do. He then used the weapon in the exact manner it was designed.
If there was nothing to indicate he was a threat, then he should be allowed to own a gun. A free and open society doesn't come without risks. Can you provide me with the owner's manual that came with the weapon so I can see where it says it was designed to murder people at parades?

Reactions: 30CAT and atlkvb
If there was nothing to indicate he was a threat, then he should be allowed to own a gun. A free and open society doesn't come without risks. Can you provide me with the owner's manual that came with the weapon so I can see where it says it was designed to murder people at parades?
Gun control advocates truly believe if there were no guns (legally), we wouldn't have this type of mayhem. Funny how they insist no one can legislate morality, but the very immoral act they decry here they eagerly want to legislate against. (ie: making it illegal to even purchase certain firearms)

They refuse to accept pure Evil or the solution to it.

This guy
iu

Exactly. So pretending unenforced laws is a cause of this incident is just dishonest.

And if you need a manual to learn that a firearm is designed to launch projectiles at lethal velocity at a target, you are too stupid to use a firearm.

So pretending unenforced laws is a cause of this incident is just dishonest.

They didn't enforce their Red Flag law. and they could have. That is just a fact. Cops flagged him as a 'clear and present danger' in 2019, yet they did not execute their Red Flag law. That's not make believe that is a fact, You can literally look that up. They could have, but they didn't. Neither did his family. I'm not sure what you're missing here.

Whether they enforced their law (and they didn't) or not, wouldn't have changed anything. Leftists are attacking a problem that isn't there, which is trying to disarm law-abiding citizens.

That said, even if they did execute the Red Flag law, he would have still done what he did.

They didn't enforce their Red Flag law. and they could have. That is just a fact. Cops flagged him as a 'clear and present danger' in 2019, yet they did not execute their Red Flag law. That's not make believe that is a fact, You can literally look that up. They could have, but they didn't. Neither did his family. I'm not sure what you're missing here.

Whether they enforced their law (and they didn't) or not, wouldn't have changed anything. Leftists are attacking a problem that isn't there, which is trying to disarm law-abiding citizens.

That said, even if they did execute the Red Flag law, he would have still done what he did.
So , let me see if I understand you correctly. Laws wont stop people hell bent on breaking laws ? Is this correct? Our government wants to make more laws for criminals to break .... yep makes sense...WTF

Reactions: atlkvb and 30CAT
So , let me see if I understand you correctly. Laws wont stop people hell bent on breaking laws ? Is this correct? Our government wants to make more laws for criminals to break .... yep makes sense...WTF

Yes. In 2019, police flagged him as a "clear and present danger" which should have triggered the state's Red Flag law, but it didn't. Regardless, if a mentally deranged psycopath is dead set on killing people, he or she is going to do it. If he wouldn't have gotten weapons legally, he would have gotten them illegally. Criminals couldn't care less about laws, yet leftists claim laws will stop them. I beg to differ. Only law-abiding citizens obey laws and they are the ones leftists are punishing. Doesn't make sense.

The police did not flag him as a clear and present danger. The article you posted says there was a report of a clear and present danger, the police investigated, found no such issue and left.

reread the article you posted and stop being dishonest.

But we need more gun control laws...SMH Imagine the lives that could have been saved by enforcing current law, instead of wasting time making more.

Once again, this proves making more laws while not enforcing the ones we have in place, won't do a damned thing but punish the law-abiding.

LINK: The suspect in the Highland Park, Illinois, Fourth of July mass shooting was flagged by police as a "clear and present danger" in 2019, authorities said Tuesday.

Robert "Bobby" E. Crimo III, 21, the suspect in the mass shooting that killed seven people and wounded dozens of others at a Fourth of July parade, was still able to clear state-required background checks to purchase firearms on at least four separate occasions between 2020 and 2021, the Illinois State Police said.

"In September 2019, ISP received a Clear and Present Danger report on the subject from the Highland Park Police Department. The report was related to threats the subject made against his family," Illinois State Police said in a statement posted to Twitter by a staff member for Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker.

The report said that when Highland Park officers went to the family's home and asked Crimo if he felt like harming himself of others, he said no. Police said Crimo's father claimed knives in the home belonged to him and they were being kept in Crimo's closet for safekeeping. Based on that information, Highland Park Police returned the knives to the father that day.

The statement said police did not make any arrests at the time and that members of the family were "not willing to move forward on a complaint."

Members of the family also did not "provide information on threats or mental health that would have allowed law enforcement to take additional action," the ISP statement added.

"Additionally, no Firearms Restraining Order was filed, nor any order of protection," ISP said.

Such action police could have taken included revoking a licensed-gun owner's Firearm Owners Identification card (FOID), which is required in the state to own or purchase a firearm.

Illinois State Police said at the time of the September 2019 incident the suspect "did not have a FOID card to revoke or a pending FOID application to deny."

Three months later, Crimo did apply and successfully obtained an FOID card, police said.

"The subject was under 21 and the application was sponsored by the subject’s father. Therefore, at the time of the FOID application review in January of 2020, there was an insufficient basis to establish a clear and present danger and deny the FOID application," police said.

The suspect went on to clear four background checks when purchasing firearms on June 9, 2020; on July 18 and July 31, 2020; and on September 20, 2021.

Illinois State Police said the suspect did not have mental health prohibitor reports on his record and his only criminal offense was a possession of tobacco charge in January 2016.

Police said before the Sept. 2019 incident, they responded to an attempted suicide in April that same year. These also did not prevent the suspect from legally purchasing a high-powered rifle that he is believed to have used to kill seven people during the July Fourth parade.

No reason to raise an eyebrow here :rolleyes:
Crimo.jpg
The war on drugs has work out great also. I wouldn’t rely of the government to protect people on this issue.

Reactions: 30CAT
Criminals don't give a rip about Laws. You can pass as many Laws as you want (we have) and criminals still won't follow them. That's why they're criminals!
giphy.gif

Yo my Sistah...did you know criminals don't pay any attention to Laws...gun bans or otherwise?
giphy.gif

See...she knew?

The police did not flag him as a clear and present danger. The article you posted says there was a report of a clear and present danger, the police investigated, found no such issue and left.

reread the article you posted and stop being dishonest.

"The suspect in the Highland Park, Illinois, Fourth of July mass shooting was flagged by police as a "clear and present danger" in 2019, authorities said Tuesday."

From another source

LINK: The suspect of the Highland Park mass shooting, Robert “Bobby” E. Crimo III, 21, who killed seven people and wounded dozens, was flagged by police as a “clear and present danger” in 2019.

Reactions: atlkvb
"The suspect in the Highland Park, Illinois, Fourth of July mass shooting was flagged by police as a "clear and present danger" in 2019, authorities said Tuesday."

From another source

LINK: The suspect of the Highland Park mass shooting, Robert “Bobby” E. Crimo III, 21, who killed seven people and wounded dozens, was flagged by police as a “clear and present danger” in 2019.
Not sure what he's arguing here @30CAT ? The Laws don't work, so what's the use having them? Or we have them, they didn't worked as intended because they weren't enough to stop this guy since they still allowed him to get a gun. So we just need a Law to not allow anyone to have one? Is that what he's arguing? 😟

Not sure what he's arguing here @30CAT ? The Laws don't work, so what's the use having them? Or we have them, they didn't worked as intended because they weren't enough to stop this guy since they still allowed him to get a gun. So we just need a Law to not allow anyone to have one? Is that what he's arguing? 😟

He's saying that the police didn't flag the shooter as a "clear and present danger" in 2019, but they did. At least according to reports. My point being, the law wasn't enforced and wouldn't have worked even if they did enforce it.

He's saying that the police didn't flag the shooter as a "clear and present danger" in 2019, but they did. At least according to reports. My point being, the law wasn't enforced and wouldn't have worked even if they did enforce it.
Democrats think if they make more laws criminals will just throw their hands up & say " well boys just gonna have to listen to 'em now they done wore us out with all the laws" hell they don't do anything to criminals now who break the gun laws or lie to get them just ask hunter Biden.

Reactions: atlkvb and 30CAT

From another source

Oddly enough that article recounts the same incident, confirms no action was taken by authorities then claims he was flagged in stark contrast by the prior article you posted.

I guess the easy way to see if he was truly flagged is to post the official report. It is a public record.

Reactions: 30CAT
Oddly enough that article recounts the same incident, confirms no action was taken by authorities then claims he was flagged in stark contrast by the prior article you posted.

I guess the easy way to see if he was truly flagged is to post the official report. It is a public record.

So officials didn't act in the manner they should have.

The guy was a poster child for Red Flag laws and the laws didn't work.

There's a hole in the bucket.

Just saw what appears to be it, 30cat. there were some redactions but it appears to be that declaration In 2019. Of course no one ever filed a petition pursuant to the red flag laws to restrict his rights so he was legally able to purchase the weapons in question.

Just saw what appears to be it, 30cat. there were some redactions but it appears to be that declaration In 2019. Of course no one ever filed a petition pursuant to the red flag laws to restrict his rights so he was legally able to purchase the weapons in question.

I can't be certain, but it sounds to me like you believe the law is flawed because it didn't prevent him from acquiring a weapon despite the "red flags". I agree with @30CAT that it wouldn't have mattered in this case, even though the law as it was written wasn't followed up on. (re: red flags)

Who can know evil? "Red flag" warnings are not a guarantee to prevent or predict when a derranged perp acts out! This is a Spiritual battle, and man made Law is powerless against powerful Spiritual forces at work here.

"The human heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can understand it?" Jeremiah 17:9

Last edited:
The laws that could have stopped it, you and the gun lobby prevent.

There are no laws that would have prevented this evil man from carrying out his Evil. What Law is the "gun lobby" blocking that would have prevented this? You said it, now explain it.

this idiot, with no record, owning guns is exactly what you and the gun lobby have been clamoring for.

Again, name the law you reference here the "gun lobby" supports? The "gun lobby" in your pejorative nomenclature here are folks who support our 2nd ammendment. It's got nothing to do with "lobbying", it's about preserving our Liberty. By definition that means respect for legal, responsible, safe, and law abiding gun onwership.

how a persons rights can instantly change when convenient.

They don't and can't. That right to keep and bear arms is inalienable. It is also essential to self defense, self protection, and self government. No one who supports the 2nd ammendment supports anything you've falsely depicted here.

To the point, gun control laws only work on the law abiding. Criminals DO NOT obey the Law! Banning legal ownership of firearms in hopes of eliminating gun violence is like banning all dangerous narcotics hoping that stops drug abuse. How's that working out for us? 🤔

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT