ADVERTISEMENT

Playing offense for only 1 quarter is an interesting strategy.

The Bell Tolls for Thee

All-Conference
Feb 15, 2005
Last 2 games WVU has had to just hold on because the offense only shows up for just over a quarter. Could bite this team in the ass next week and certainly won't fly in Norman.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
A team never knows when or how they are going to score points. The coaches draw it up and then wait to see what happens. It's entertainment at it's best and it kept ole Warez on the edge of his seat. I spilled my eggdrop soup on the interception that came late in the game and helped WV preserve the W. Warez

Last 2 games WVU has had to just hold on because the offense only shows up for just over a quarter. Could bite this team in the ass next week and certainly won't fly in Norman.
No, it won’t fly in Norman.

On the other hand I’d be hard pressed to name the last time we won consecutive games while being shut out in the second half, so that’s certainly been one for the books.

This years WV team has average or above talent. Hail, you are nuts if you think Grier and his wide receivers are not above average. WV also has a number of additional players (on both sides of the ball) that are above average. David Long comes to mind. Is you is or is you ain't? Warez

We can beat anyone but we can lose to almost anyone as well. I think it was during the tech game but I said to myself, self this is just a young team and they play like, haven't been upset since. But I am expecting big things next year, as long as we don't lose a lot to the NFL or injuries.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
WVU won EVERY game when it was favored in Vegas and lost every game when Vegas had us as the underdog. I guess we're doing about what the money guys expected us to do. 7-3. Vegas: 10-0. I can't remember a season when Vegas was so on the money with my alma mater game after game after game.

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 24-31

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N ot sharp but beat Kansas, 56-34

T ops statistically but tough loss to TCU, 24-31

A mbushed Texas Tech, 46-35, with 20:49 minute goose egg

I nvincible to inept, nipped Baylor, 38-36

N oxious offense deadly vs. Oklahoma State, 39-50

E arly lead behind offense, defense; survived Iowa State, 20-16

E xcellent defense, eventually offense beat Kansas State, 28-23

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Really? What if we had scored in every quarter lost? The only thing that will ever bite them in the ass is scoring fewer points than the opponent.

Reactions: WVinUSAF
ADVERTISEMENT