ADVERTISEMENT

Players transferring

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
247Sports:

Oklahoma State QB Spencer Sanders (31-11)
Coastal Carolina quarterback Grayson McCall (31-6)
Dorian Singer PAC 12 leading receiver (66 passes for 1,105 yards and six touchdowns this season for Arizona)
Kedon Slovis QB from Pitt
JT Daniels WVU
Devin Leary QB NC State (Leary threw for 6,807 yards and 62 touchdowns. In 2021, he threw for 3,433 yards and 35 touchdowns with just five interceptions.)
Clemson quarterback DJ Uiagalelei
Wisconsin Wisconsin, Graham Mertz 32 starts for the Badgers (5,405 yards with 38 touchdowns and 26 interception)

Other college football players in the transfer portal​

• Pitt QB Kedon Slovis
  • UCF QB Mikey Keene
  • Oklahoma State LB Mason Cobb
  • Ball State RB Carson Steele
  • Rhode Island OT Ajani Cornelius
  • Texas A&M CB Denver Harris
  • Stanford OT Myles Hinton
  • Virginia CB Fentrell Cypress
  • Indiana DE Dasan McCullough
  • Ole Miss QB Luke Altmyer
  • Florida State DB Sam McCall
  • Texas A&M QB Haynes King
  • Missouri WR Dominic Lovett
  • Oregon WR Dont’e Thornton
  • Virginia QB Brennan Armstrong
  • Texas QB Hudson Card
  • Texas A&M DL Tunmise Adeleye
  • Notre Dame QB Drew Pyne
  • Alabama RB Trey Sanders
  • Western Michigan DL Braden Fiske
  • Oklahoma WR Theo Wease
  • Old Dominion WR Ali Jennings
  • USF WR Jimmy Horn
  • Alabama WR Traeshon Holden
  • Arkansas DB Myles Slusher
  • Georgia Tech QB Jeff Sims
  • Wyoming RB Titus Swen
  • Oregon State QB Chance Nolan
  • Oregon LB Justin Flowe
  • Central Michigan QB Daniel Richardson
  • South Carolina RB Marshawn Lloyd
more than 3,000 FBS players entered the transfer portal during the 2021-22 cycle, the season's edition should be wild considering NIL rights and one-time transfer exemptions.

Most of those players – 70 percent – are moving down or still available.

NCAA introduced a new rule including dates for when players can enter the portal and not lose a year of eligibility: the first window is open for 45 days from Dec. 5 to Jan. 18, and the second from May 1-15.

It's not just WVU. It's not just teams with bad coaches and bad records. It's everywhere.

Every team is going to lose players but that doesnt mean Brown isnt part of why we lose some. There will be floaters, like Michell and Stevenson who play at a new school pretty much every year. It might be easier in basketball but in football its going to suck. If Neal can keep from losing 20 players and nearly leading the ncaa like he did last year, it would help make it look like he's not part of the problem at WVU. Some of the kids who left last year said they left because of Neal. Because he choses seniority over talent, and that's not what he sold them when he recruited them. From what I've seen, that makes sense.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Every team is going to lose players but that doesnt mean Brown isnt part of why we lose some. There will be floaters, like Michell and Stevenson who play at a new school pretty much every year. It might be easier in basketball but in football its going to suck. If Neal can keep from losing 20 players and nearly leading the ncaa like he did last year, it would help make it look like he's not part of the problem at WVU. Some of the kids who left last year said they left because of Neal. Because he choses seniority over talent, and that's not what he sold them when he recruited them. From what I've seen, that makes sense.
Nobody said Brown wasn't part of the reason.

Well it looks like the former players are, once again, throwing Brown under the bus because they dont want to play for this clown,

Its not just the new rules. These guys dont want to play for Neal Brown, and are obviously even blaming the higher ups for not firing him,

Well it looks like the former players are, once again, throwing Brown under the bus because they dont want to play for this clown,

Its not just the new rules. These guys dont want to play for Neal Brown, and are obviously even blaming the higher ups for not firing him,
Why don't you send a letter to the AD asking to fire him and quit bitching like a little toad.

WVU is not the only school losing starters. Deal with it.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
It doesn’t matter to me if everyone is feeling the pain of the portal. I don’t care who is transferring out of Pitt, VT, SMU, etc… To me that’s loser talk. Why can’t we be the difference? We have lost an alarming amount of players under Neal’s watch which negates his recruiting classes. If this money making AD can help keep players here than I’m excited. Right now we need to get the money and get it figured out quick because Neal, like him or not, needs players to compensate for his in game decision making and constant in game issues he has brought with him.

When has Neal made a coaching decision that won us a game except for benching his original decision to stay with Doege against cadets? Again, Neal has made decisions at QB (which is glaring) that has been suspect when alternate options have proven to be more successful. So whatever this cat can do from North Texas, he needs to do it quick and help Neal navigate through his own issues.

I still believe at this point with the transfers we have lost we are better off pulling the plug on Jan 1 and start the rebuild immediately with a different coach. We are already rebuilding to certain point, why not rip the band-aid off now? The recruiting classes are a moot point.

It doesn’t matter to me if everyone is feeling the pain of the portal. I don’t care who is transferring out of Pitt, VT, SMU, etc… To me that’s loser talk. Why can’t we be the difference? We have lost an alarming amount of players under Neal’s watch which negates his recruiting classes. If this money making AD can help keep players here than I’m excited. Right now we need to get the money and get it figured out quick because Neal, like him or not, needs players to compensate for his in game decision making and constant in game issues he has brought with him.

When has Neal made a coaching decision that won us a game except for benching his original decision to stay with Doege against cadets? Again, Neal has made decisions at QB (which is glaring) that has been suspect when alternate options have proven to be more successful. So whatever this cat can do from North Texas, he needs to do it quick and help Neal navigate through his own issues.

I still believe at this point with the transfers we have lost we are better off pulling the plug on Jan 1 and start the rebuild immediately with a different coach. We are already rebuilding to certain point, why not rip the band-aid off now? The recruiting classes are a moot point.
Cant disagree with that. I think we are better off in the long term to just fire Neal now and find a better coach. Most of this recruiting class wont see the field much before they transfer next year anyway, so why waste another year with a lame duck coach? But Gee loves Neal...

Well, it really doesn’t matter what you think. Me either. Last I checked, nobody called me from the AD Admin to get my input. Just have to see what happens. Of course you can with hold your donation. That might make your voice heard.

Cant disagree with that. I think we are better off in the long term to just fire Neal now and find a better coach. Most of this recruiting class wont see the field much before they transfer next year anyway, so why waste another year with a lame duck coach? But Gee loves Neal...
Neal would be an amazing coach at a G5 school. Neal would have been an amazing coach in the 90’s and 2000’s. I believe he did an excellent job recruiting better players at Troy then what his opponents/conference could recruit. The climate changed on him drastically and he cannot adjust fast enough nor have any success in retention. He would kill it at Youngstown State, but he is not fit for this new climate.

Gee loves him because Gee is old school without much innovation left in him. This new AD may help, but I’m not sure if he is in actual control of the program.

Well, it really doesn’t matter what you think. Me either. Last I checked, nobody called me from the AD Admin to get my input. Just have to see what happens. Of course you can with hold your donation. That might make your voice heard.
Oh I’ve made my donations. My donations doesn’t compete with the real dollars that need convinced.

We are similar to a NFL team that has very solid draft picks but we only ink them for 2 years and we do not do well in free agency year after year.

Coaching is overrated to a point and the players are the key difference. I always felt that the portal impact is now a heavy metric to the coach’s performance and should be reviewed as a KPI. There is too much emphasis on HS recruiting as the transfer portal is the open market with experienced/developed players and should be viewed as such. Neal clearly stated he would not spend much time in the portal as that isn’t the way to build a program. You can’t build a program when your constantly ripped down to the studs. Gundy has cleaned up in the portal and will make a run at the B12 title next year as we get left behind again thinking about what we can be in 2 years for the 4th strait year.

Last edited:
Oh I’ve made my donations. My donations doesn’t compete with the real dollars that need convinced.

We are similar to a NFL team that has very solid draft picks but we only ink them for 2 years and we do not do well in free agency year after year.

Coaching is overrated to a point and the players are the key difference. I always felt that the portal impact is now a heavy metric to the coach’s performance and should be reviewed as a KPI. There is too much emphasis on HS recruiting as the transfer portal is the open market with experienced/developed players and should be viewed as such. Neal clearly stated he would not spend much time in the portal as that isn’t the way to build a program. You can’t build a program when your constantly ripped down to the studs. Gundy has cleaned up in the portal and will make a run at the B12 title next year as we get left behind again thinking about what we can be in 2 years for the 4th strait year.
That's what everyone said about this year, and year before and the year before and the year before....

Gundy just lost his best QB and starter to the portal.

Neal would be an amazing coach at a G5 school. Neal would have been an amazing coach in the 90’s and 2000’s. I believe he did an excellent job recruiting better players at Troy then what his opponents/conference could recruit. The climate changed on him drastically and he cannot adjust fast enough nor have any success in retention. He would kill it at Youngstown State, but he is not fit for this new climate.

Gee loves him because Gee is old school without much innovation left in him. This new AD may help, but I’m not sure if he is in actual control of the program.
I used to think that, but after watching so many of his absolute head scratching in-game decisions that literally cost us chances to win games, I just dont know anymore. I'm predicting this could be it for Neal, and he will possibly fail at the next G5 school he goes to. I think his success at Troy was fluky and had more to do with Vic Koenning . I could be wrong, but when I watch WVU games, I see a coach who doesn't have a clue or the respect of the team. Maybe its just the P5 level, who knows, but he has been the worst coach WVU has ever had so far.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
I used to think that, but after watching so many of his absolute head scratching in-game decisions that literally cost us chances to win games, I just dont know anymore. I'm predicting this could be it for Neal, and he will possibly fail at the next G5 school he goes to. I think his success at Troy was fluky and had more to do with Vic Koenning . I could be wrong, but when I watch WVU games, I see a coach who doesn't have a clue or the respect of the team. Maybe its just the P5 level, who knows, but he has been the worst coach WVU has ever had so far.
That's what they were saying about Cignetti back in the late 70's. Wonder how he turned out.

That's what they were saying about Cignetti back in the late 70's. Wonder how he turned out.
I was too young to watch Cignetti's bone head in-game calls and head scratching decisions, so I dont know. But I do know that when you are trying to run the clock, and get the other team to use their last timeout, you dont low percentage pass it on 3th down and allow them another possession with a timeout. That's basic peewee level layman football. My mom knows that. Perhaps Neal will go back to G5 and do well. I dont care either way as long as he's replaced here.

I was too young to watch Cignetti's bone head in-game calls and head scratching decisions, so I dont know. But I do know that when you are trying to run the clock, and get the other team to use their last timeout, you dont low percentage pass it on 3th down and allow them another possession with a timeout. That's basic peewee level layman football. My mom knows that. Perhaps Neal will go back to G5 and do well. I dont care either way as long as he's replaced here.
Holgorsen did the same on 3rd downs and also made bone head calls. The time out before half by Neal so KSU could kick a FG was the bonehead play of the decade.

He will be replaced so all this bitching is doing nothing. For all anyone knows he will be fired in January.

Holgorsen did the same on 3rd downs and also made bone head calls. The time out before half by Neal so KSU could kick a FG was the bonehead play of the decade.

He will be replaced so all this bitching is doing nothing. For all anyone knows he will be fired in January.
At least Holgerson could get some fire out of the players. Above all else, that is what I dont see with players under Brown. On top of his bone head moves, the players are just flat under him more often than not. Also, the hot mic crap before the Pitt game shows that Neal just doesnt get it at all. Terrible fit here. If Neal got fired in January, a lot of WVU fans will be happy. They will sell more season tickets too.

At least Holgerson could get some fire out of the players. Above all else, that is what I dont see with players under Brown. On top of his bone head moves, the players are just flat under him more often than not. Also, the hot mic crap before the Pitt game shows that Neal just doesnt get it at all. Terrible fit here. If Neal got fired in January, a lot of WVU fans will be happy. They will sell more season tickets too.
They'll sell more for that year but drop after the new guy goes 4-8 or 5-7.

That decision trumped Wannstedt in Morgantown Who declined a offsides penalty on fourth in three before the first half and decided to punt the ball away. I’ll never forget that.

This athletic Director that we have right now is still starstruck that he has the position that he has. He is too “Awe Shucks and Gee Golly” at this point for me to believe that he will actually make a decision in January and could possibly not make a decision in January 2024. Gee seems to be the problem and the guy stopping that decision. The guy was brought here because he can raise money. And he dodged a bullet with his last head coach and did not have to fire him when that guy won five in a row to become bowl eligible, but the coach was so mediocre, he was fired after the conference championship game.

The Athletic Director hire for me was a total let down, but maybe this guy brings the hammer down? It’s not ideal to fire someone after January as we had to settle for Neal when Dana split. There just isn’t any excitement from the program and I feel worse now than I did when Fleck embarrassed him last year in the bowl game.

This athletic Director that we have right now is still starstruck that he has the position that he has. He is too “Awe Shucks and Gee Golly” at this point for me to believe that he will actually make a decision in January and could possibly not make a decision in January 2024. Gee seems to be the problem and the guy stopping that decision. The guy was brought here because he can raise money. And he dodged a bullet with his last head coach and did not have to fire him when that guy won five in a row to become bowl eligible, but the coach was so mediocre, he was fired after the conference championship game.

The Athletic Director hire for me was a total let down, but maybe this guy brings the hammer down? It’s not ideal to fire someone after January as we had to settle for Neal when Dana split. There just isn’t any excitement from the program and I feel worse now than I did when Fleck embarrassed him last year in the bowl game.
Get over it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT