ADVERTISEMENT

Pitts is done....

Weed and a gun.....stupid....just.....plain stupid

Does anyone really care? It's a shame that some student/athletes will ruin their careers and lives for this sh*t but some will do what they will do... no preventing that. What a shame.

Doubt he is done. You do something like this in the SEC and its gets you in the starting lineup.

Last edited:
Pitts stated that he didn't smoke weed to get high. He just likes the way it smells. He didn't explain the gun away that I am aware of. Warez
Weed stinks to high heaven. Can't image anyone liking the smell of that crap.

The story I read at WSAZ.com said he was in a car. He had a gun under the seat and he told the police about it when asked. He was at GW trying to attend a bball game between SC & GW. He is 19 and you're supposed to be 21 to have a concealed hand gun in WV.

To me that is just not smart but not that big of a big deal. At 16 I had several gun in my vehecle. The guns were worth more than the vehicle. That was a different time though.

The story I read at WSAZ.com said he was in a car. He had a gun under the seat and he told the police about it when asked. He was at GW trying to attend a bball game between SC & GW. He is 19 and you're supposed to be 21 to have a concealed hand gun in WV.

To me that is just not smart but not that big of a big deal. At 16 I had several gun in my vehecle. The guns were worth more than the vehicle. That was a different time though.
GUN+DRUGS=NO GOOD
I see no reason to excuse this or try to normalize it. It's not ok and if the program entitles it it will be worse for him and those around him later. And to F if I want any money I donate (albeit not huge) going to support kids with guns and drugs in their cars.

GUN+DRUGS=NO GOOD
I see no reason to excuse this or try to normalize it. It's not ok and if the program entitles it it will be worse for him and those around him later. And to F if I want any money I donate (albeit not huge) going to support kids with guns and drugs in their cars.

lol

I didn't see anything about drugs being in the car, just that police smelled marijuana (that's suspicious). I just read about the gun in the car at the high school SC @ GW basketball game and Pitts told them about it prior to the search. That is what I commented on.

To be honest, he could have remained silent and unless there was a canine present to justify a search, police would have had no right to even search.

This is not that big of a deal. He was given a citation. This is not even an arrest. And I don't condemn someone for something I've done for years-carrying a handgun in my auto. In less than 2 years (age 21) he wouldn't even be given a citation. WV has concealed carry without a permit.

Last edited:
Not a surprise at all. People will say oh it's America guns and drugs at 19 so what. He needs to go. People will defend him just because he's an in state kid. If it was holgs they would be losing their sh@t right now

Not a surprise at all. People will say oh it's America guns and drugs at 19 so what. He needs to go. People will defend him just because he's an in state kid. If it was holgs they would be losing their sh@t right now

lol..... if only it was Chase Harler, right?

I think the gun that is 'concealed' must also be legally registered and the person owning the gun must have attended a class or two. Big difference in this different time..................my friend. WArez

Not in WV it doesnt.

NOW inside the borders of WV You need no class, no permit, and no gun is ever registered in WV for concealed carry. I still have my permit cause I travel outside the state to the south. There's like 38 states that have reciprocal agreements with WV on the permits.

I'm done on this one. Everyone else have at it.

Well................ain't that something. I just might have to move back to the mountain state. Montani Semper Liberi........................Mountaineers are always free. Well, except for the Mothman this is. He's free till somebody catches up with him and then..................BOOM! Warez

Not in WV it doesnt.

NOW inside the borders of WV You need no class, no permit, and no gun is ever registered in WV for concealed carry. I still have my permit cause I travel outside the state to the south. There's like 38 states that have reciprocal agreements with WV on the permits.

I'm done on this one. Everyone else have at it.
You forgot to mention that you have to be a WV resident to conceal carry w/out a permit.

Yup, pick one out, stick it in your belt and go on your way, just like God intended. That's gun shows only, the stores have that mamby-pamby three day wait rule. How are you gonna blast that SOB who mows his lawn every Sunday morning at 7 a.m. when you roll into Cabela's on a Saturday night looking for something to send him to his reward?

Of course, I would think Pitts did his shopping close to home and picked up his pistol from the fine folks at Spring Hill Gun And Rod? Their new location is a peach! I don't know where they got the weed from? There are many upscale suppliers happy to serve you in the South Hills area where the game was held. Many deliver.

I don't follow your reasoning.

GUN+DRUGS=NO GOOD

Good Lord man. Take a deep breath and wait for the facts.

Yup, pick one out, stick it in your belt and go on your way, just like God intended. That's gun shows only, the stores have that mamby-pamby three day wait rule. How are you gonna blast that SOB who mows his lawn every Sunday morning at 7 a.m. when you roll into Cabela's on a Saturday night looking for something to send him to his reward?

Of course, I would think Pitts did his shopping close to home and picked up his pistol from the fine folks at Spring Hill Gun And Rod? Their new location is a peach! I don't know where they got the weed from? There are many upscale suppliers happy to serve you in the South Hills area where the game was held. Many deliver.

Rafoney...................remind me to stay clear of your neck of the woods. Being of Mexican heritage.........folks like you scare me. Warez

Weed stinks to high heaven. Can't image anyone liking the smell of that crap.

Back in the 70s I worked at a hospital at night and there was an elder 'engineering' employee on patrol (think intermittently leave the boiler room to check thermostats, lights etc. throughout the facility).

Employees from all disciplines and departments would melt into the pot of the evening cafeteria break, including doctors and orderlies, housekeeping personnel and this engineer, known by all as the 'Candy Man.' If you encountered him while he patrolled (and he loved to sneak up and scare the H out of you...a la Cato...had to remain vigilant every night...) and he liked you, he would give you a little cellophaned peppermint...or throw it at you while you slept.

One night, he came into the cafeteria wide-eyed, breathless and agog in excitement with a page one story to tell...

'I was in the stairwell goin' up to Peeds [Pediatrics] and I swear they was some kids up the stairs that was smokin' MARY-WANNA!!! I heard 'em run but I KNOW that's what they was doin'!!! I never done or seen it but I could SMELL IT!!!

He paused triumphantly, looking around at his small, captivated and rapt audience...then he exclaimed to all, 'IT SMELT JUS' LIKE BURNIN' WEEDS...THAT HAD DRUGS IN IT!!! THAT'S HOW I KNOW! IT SMELT LIKE BURNIN' WEEDS MIXED WITH DRUGS!!!!'

Ever since, that has been how I have described the smell of cannabis to the uninitiated.

Reactions: WESTBGVA
Warez as long as you don't mow your lawn at 7 in the morning on a Sunday, we'll have no problems.

That's a true story about the mowing guy, but he lived at the bottom of the hill, near some friends of mine. Every Sunday morning from March to early November, weather permitting, he'd be out there mowing his lawn starting at 7. After a few citations from the city, and couple of angry threats from his neighbors, he moved on. He was a shorts, dress socks, and dress shoes, push mower type w/ a big yard. I thought they were B.S.'ing me about the guy until one morning our Sunday paper didn't get delivered. I headed off the hill about twenty after seven and there he was. I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I saw saw the Morning Mower Man in all his glory more than once.

There's an old Joe Jackson song from 1979, called "Beat Crazy" from the album of the same name. It's a ska song with Jackson playing the part of an old man fussing about "the kids today". One of the lines in it is, "Smokin' LSD an' such, it must be the reason why they can't talk much." The more things change, the more they stay the same, lol.

I was out the night of that game, it was bitter cold and the wind was howling. What cop in his right mind would be walking around an icy parking lot in that kind of weather checking cars? Knowing my home stomping grounds it was more likely a lot drive through and a "Look, there's a bunch of kids screwing around in a car. I'm bored, let's give 'em the business." Again, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Reactions: Phil
I must have missed the "weed" part

Guess I missed the part where it was more than a ticket also

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT