ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt-WVU Future Games

AJSH2P

Redshirting
Jun 21, 2015
I come in peace.

We had a thread on our board where I posted the following:

"After this 4 year series is over with Penn State, we should cut all ties with them. If they don't want to schedule us, so be it.

We should turn to WVU to be our full-time rival and scheduling partner. Not only have these been great games, but it's been voted as a top 10-15 college football rivalry. It really seems like a no brainer to me. Who knows what goes on with the next conference realignment, but I really think Lyke should look to schedule WVU past the agreed upon 4 years starting in 2023. They want to play us, and we should want to play them. While playing them might help them recruit the WPIAL a tad, I think the current staff has shown that while the WPIAL is important, it's not a be all - end all type deal for a successful recruiting class."

I really think Pitt should turn to WVU as a fulltime scheduling partner and forget Penn State. Curious to see what Mountaineer fans think of such an idea.

Reactions: Cheers
I come in peace.

"After this 4 year series is over with Penn State, we should cut all ties with them. If they don't want to schedule us, so be it.

We should turn to WVU to be our full-time rival and scheduling partner. Not only have these been great games, but it's been voted as a top 10-15 college football rivalry. It really seems like a no brainer to me. Who knows what goes on with the next conference realignment, but I really think Lyke should look to schedule WVU past the agreed upon 4 years starting in 2023. They want to play us, and we should want to play them. While playing them might help them recruit the WPIAL a tad, I think the current staff has shown that while the WPIAL is important, it's not a be all - end all type deal for a successful recruiting class."

I really think Pitt should turn to WVU as a fulltime scheduling partner and forget Penn State. Curious to see what Mountaineer fans think of such an idea.
I always enjoyed the games up in Pittsburgh. Plenty of seating and had a good time tailgating with the Pitt fans in our group.

Reactions: AJSH2P
The thing about being the current conference situation is that all the Big XII teams love coming here. Their fans get to visit a part of the country they've never seen and they always have glowing reports of how well they were treated by WVU fans while they were here.

It would be a good thing to have Pitt back on the schedule every year just so we can play someone that we truly hate and truly hates us.

I think in time the Backyard Brawl will once again be an annual tradition.

I'm in the minority so far in this thread, but I don't miss the Brawl. At first I did, but now I'm like I was after Penn State left the schedule i.e. Move on. It's like an old relationship. With every passing day you forget why you liked it and realize you're alright without them.

Btw was there ever even a brawl in the Backyard Brawl? Not that I remember in my lifetime. I do remember one vs Cuse (Marvin Graves in 92) who is another school I don't miss not being on the schedule.

Reactions: mtn1neer
As far as having a full-time rival I'm ambivalent. I grew very tired on dealing with the nasty fan issues, alleged on both sides. I never saw the allegations at Mountaineer Field but was the recipient of some nasty fans in Pittsburgh. I'm trying to be nice in my answer so I won't go into details of actual occurrences.

So in sum, maybe a game on occasion but full-time I might throw up a little in my mouth.

I've happily moved on. I've spent much time in war zones and while I have many fond memories I have no desire to go back there.

Reactions: mtn1neer
As far as having a full-time rival I'm ambivalent. I grew very tired on dealing with the nasty fan issues, alleged on both sides. I never saw the allegations at Mountaineer Field but was the recipient of some nasty fans in Pittsburgh. I'm trying to be nice in my answer so I won't go into details of actual occurrences.

So in sum, maybe a game on occasion but full-time I might throw up a little in my mouth.

I've happily moved on. I've spent much time in war zones and while I have many fond memories I have no desire to go back there.

Aside from all the BS their fans threw our way, you gotta admit that renewing that series would have more appeal than playing Georgia Southern, Youngstown State, Delaware State, Marshall, and similar programs that we've played OOC.

It's a natural rival and we have a long history with them, so why not revive the Pitt series ?

I come in peace.

I would enjoy renewing the rivalry. Close geographically and a rivalry in the truest sense of the word.

Aside from all the BS their fans threw our way, you gotta admit that renewing that series would have more appeal than playing Georgia Southern, Youngstown State, Delaware State, Marshall, and similar programs that we've played OOC.

It's a natural rival and we have a long history with them, so why not revive the Pitt series ?

Since you asked me here's the response. It's my opinion. You are allowed to disagree. Cheers!

I come in peace.

Thanks for stopping by . . . the summers can be slow around here.

I'm in full support of rekindling the Backyard Brawl on a yearly basis. With the conference realignments, regional rivalries are harder to come by, which lessens the autumn excitement a bit for some of us. If I had my druthers, I would prefer WVU to regularly schedule games with Pitt, Penn State, VT, and perhaps Syracuse.

Reactions: roadtrasheer

I don't understand why people say this. Pitt isnt going to replace any of those teams.....we would still find a patsy to play in the opener or second game of the season.

Pitt isn't replacing Delaware State....if they were on the sked full time, they would take the place of a Maryland or East Carolina.

Reactions: GoWVU
I still dislike Pitt even though we do not have yearly games on schedule yet. Lots of memorable games and yes a couple bad memories of idiot fans ( both sides). It was and still is to me a true rivalry. I wouldn't be against a yearly game replacing one of our weaker OOC opponents.

I'm all for regional OOC games with some "juice" doesn't always have to be Pitt but I'm okay with it if it ever did become a full time rivalry.

Pitt
PSU
Maryland
VT
Syracuse
Rutgers (selfishly so WVU would have local games for me to attend)

All of those teams are welcome back to the schedule IMO

Reactions: Pitt4Life34

Hell, forget about Georgia Southern, Youngstown State etc. etc. I'd rather play Pitt every year rather than 50% of the Big 12 schools.

I come in peace.

I thought we (WVU) had already cut all ties to PSU. Considering we have not played since 1992. That is like 25 years. This PSU series for now is a game against a Big 10 team opponent close to home.

I come in peace.

I love playing against the teams we play each year in the Big 12. It would be nice though to get one old rivalry game on the schedule yearly moving forward. If it's Pitt great but if it's Virginia Tech or Maryland that's fine for me as well. If WVU was to add one program on a yearly basis I would want it to be one of those three.

I know that WVU is way better off financially in the big 12 & the b12 members are more football schools, I still miss playing teams I was raised to hate , the passion ....tje hate , the heartbreak of defeat, the extreme high of victory ...i miss that really freaking bad ...so
EAT SHIT PITT
TECH SWALLOWS
MARSHALL....JUST BLOWS ( ANYTHING )
STATE PENN LIKES LITTLE BOYS

3xWVUenginEER You don't miss the Brawl - I play for your black heart but it might be too late - you don't miss the Brawl. Jack is turning over in his
grave. It's not Beat pitt it's BEAT THE HELL OUTTA pitt - then, now and forever. You have no soul. I have only one thing to say 9-13 we owe the pitters an ass-beating into eternity.

PSU has too much baggage to be back on the schedule. What happened for decades at that place makes Baylor's indiscretions look like a kindergarten plot to corner all the big crayons. One steaming pile of crap visiting every other year is enough.

Pitt and Virginia Tech in alternating years would be great. Syracuse? That's practically Canada. We might as well play McGill. Maryland and Rutgers barely draw flies as is. Let them play Temple until they start putting people in the seats, living or dead.

I know that WVU is way better off financially in the big 12 & the b12 members are more football schools, I still miss playing teams I was raised to hate , the passion ....tje hate , the heartbreak of defeat, the extreme high of victory ...i miss that really freaking bad ...so
EAT SHIT PITT
TECH SWALLOWS
MARSHALL....JUST BLOWS ( ANYTHING )
STATE PENN LIKES LITTLE BOYS

Nothing better than a gifted redneck! Good to hear from you.

PSU has too much baggage to be back on the schedule. What happened for decades at that place makes Baylor's indiscretions look like a kindergarten plot to corner all the big crayons. One steaming pile of crap visiting every other year is enough.

Pitt and Virginia Tech in alternating years would be great. Syracuse? That's practically Canada. We might as well play McGill. Maryland and Rutgers barely draw flies as is. Let them play Temple until they start putting people in the seats, living or dead.

LOL at you passing judgement on Penn State. WVU administration would kill to have Penn State on schedule every year. It's Penn State's admin that does not view WVU highly. Typical homer that can see five feet in front of their face.

I must have hit another sore spot with you? As I said on another thread, we're here for you, you don't have to be so hostile. We won't hurt like those people on the other boards did. We realize you've suffered mightily and need our support. This is safe place for you. If you feel like you need to lash out, please do. Most of us are parents and are used to tantrums. We know you'll soon calm down and behave and realize the error of your ways.

Now run along and play.

I know Greg trolls most of the time...but I will never understand his fascination with calling us homers on our message board. Its a WVU board...if we want to be homers we will....why do you care?

I know Greg trolls most of the time...but I will never understand his fascination with calling us homers on our message board. Its a WVU board...if we want to be homers we will....why do you care?

Because I respect and support WVU like you do. That's why I care. Some of you guys are vile and unbearable. Not really you but others are idiots. Posters that hammer the program in the middle of every year are jerks. Go back to my posts. Most of my homer posts are pointed toward the Big12. Not WVU. Find the posts where I bash WVU. Find any post where I bash coaches regarding Xs and Os or wins and losses. None! Homers are the ones that lie to themselves then start posting those lies. Hate em.

I doubt you've enjoyed anything in your life you pathetic little homer.
I am a WVU fan on a WVU sports board. If I am a homer, what are you spooky besides ignorant? As for enjoyment, you got me there. I have never enjoyed a cold beer on a hot day, landing the largest job in a company's history, the scent of women, a Mountaineer victory, or shooting a large bull elk. Those activities were done with no joy in my life. Thanks spooky for pointing out that I have a joyless life.

I am a WVU fan on a WVU sports board. If I am a homer, what are you spooky besides ignorant? As for enjoyment, you got me there. I have never enjoyed a cold beer on a hot day, landing the largest job in a company's history, the scent of women, a Mountaineer victory, or shooting a large bull elk. Those activities were done with no joy in my life. Thanks spooky for pointing out that I have a joyless life.

Don't believe you. Scent of a woman? Always the mama's boy.

Reactions: Spookycat2002
I told you guys to take it easy on Greg. Now he's snapped and developed another personality, Spookypussy or whatever it calls itself.

The boy may never right after this. Thanks a lot, you bullies!

Who cares what you believe.

This HB needs me to keep things real from worthless members like you. Find one post where I gave the football team or hoop team a negative senseless shot. I'm actually one of the very few members of this HB that doesn't want to fire coaches after every loss. Go ahead 5-0 find all of my anti WVU posts. The Big12 sucks and is a National joke. For that I get abused and bullied by idiots that are beneath me intellectually, financially, socially and most importantly theologically. So then I go into troll mode and have fun with a bunch of retards and a chick that thinks she's the smartest woman in the world. All because I went to Pitt and CMU? So a Pittsburgh guy that grew up with Pitt, WVU and OSU in his blood can't like all three. Throw in Purdue because my dad played there and those were the hats in my house. Can you blame me? Some of you homers suck!!!

Reactions: Spookycat2002
This HB needs me to keep things real from worthless members like you. Find one post where I gave the football team or hoop team a negative senseless shot. I'm actually one of the very few members of this HB that doesn't want to fire coaches after every loss. Go ahead 5-0 find all of my anti WVU posts. The Big12 sucks and is a National joke. For that I get abused and bullied by idiots that are beneath me intellectually, financially, socially and most importantly theologically. So then I go into troll mode and have fun with a bunch of retards and a chick that thinks she's the smartest woman in the world. All because I went to Pitt and CMU? So a Pittsburgh guy that grew up with Pitt, WVU and OSU in his blood can't like all three. Throw in Purdue because my dad played there and those were the hats in my house. Can you blame me? Some of you homers suck!!!

Thanks for laying that out that for us Greg and lowering yourself intellectually, socially and most importantly theologically. It must be tough to associate with the unwashed masses on this board. I can only hope to add worth to this board at your level one day. The board can always use another troll.

I knew he'd been traumatized, but I didn't realize it happened when he was learning theology as an altar boy? That certainly explains all the butthurt.

Sweet Jesus, poor Greg, victimized on all sides with only me looking out for him.

He's so confused he's forgotten that Pitt is Penn State's Marshall.

L

Let me give you a little geography lesson... I grew up near Syracuse and I always admired their University but never developed a "love" for it as I did for WVU. (That's a long story for another time).

After graduating from WVU I soon took a position for a corporation HQ'd near Watertown, NY. The facility I was working in was near Alexandria Bay. Look it up! Most of my friends through weekend skiing adventures were from Canada. It was a stone's throw away. I would bet that more Syracusians went to Alex Bay than Canadians went to Syracuse. In any event, Syracuse resides in a place in NY that doesn't really relate to Canada. Watertown? Yeah! But we don't play Paul Smith's College and never have.

Although I think that playing the likes of Georgia Southern (I do like their program) might benefit as much as playing Syracuse... I wouldn't mind playing them again on a semi-regular basis.

I will add that I did watch WVU-SU games in Old Archibold Stadium. That was nasty in late November! Raw concrete seating that puddled ice water... but good visual lines to the oftentimes extremely muddy field.

As the story goes, it may have rained and snowed the entire week before the game, good ole' Ben Swartzwalder would have his groundskeepers watering the field prior to our game. It wasn't leather helmet stuff, but not terribly far removed from the mentality between the two schools. They were a legitimate rivalry and we owe them a few years of butt kicking for leaving us in the "lurch" while leaving for the ACC... a move by the ACC that still has me scratching one or both ends of my anatomy.

I told you guys to take it easy on Greg. Now he's snapped and developed another personality, Spookypussy or whatever it calls itself.

The boy may never right after this. Thanks a lot, you bullies!
Your the idiot that said Ohio state couldn't beat Oklahoma because it was to warm in Oklahoma. How did that work out for you? Congrats on the dumb ass of the day award your alter ego still 5 has something to be jealous about now.

largest job in your company's history? Is that the cashier at 7/11? I'd like to see a picture of that large bull elk with you standing next to it. I know that's not gonna happen. Nice try homer.

ADVERTISEMENT