ADVERTISEMENT

pitt will be HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE FOR WVU

According to data from Vivid seats, 75% of all tickets sold are WVU fans.... That hits the perfect trifecta of Awesome, Wonderful, & Hilariously Embarrassing(for pitt)....

It will surely make a difference to remove the crowds impact that can come from momentum swings... Its going to be a great game for sure..
are you really this dumb?

Why do you keep illustrating the point? Pitt will have roughly 55K fans.. WVU will have maybe 15.. tops.. that is a great showing by a road team. no doubt.. but everything else is just stupid chit chat leading up to game. The funny thing is why don't you brag up on your team? Do you think WVU wins? if so by how much?

Reactions: bag4life34
Why do you keep illustrating the point? Pitt will have roughly 55K fans.. WVU will have maybe 15.. tops.. that is a great showing by a road team. no doubt.. but everything else is just stupid chit chat leading up to game. The funny thing is why don't you brag up on your team? Do you think WVU wins? if so by how much?
Why is a non WVU fan even on this board?

Reactions: WVUFanForever
This 75% vs. 25% may be based on tickets made available after season tickets are sold. My guess is WV fans purchased 5k of the season tickets and 75% of the additional 20k tickets (15k). Season tickets are always offered to Pitt season ticket holders first. They set a record this year thanks to a successful season last year. I think there will be at least 20k WV fans there and possibly as many as 25K because of standing room only tickets. The Vivid info is extremely inaccurate IMHO.

Reactions: bag4life34
This 75% vs. 25% may be based on tickets made available after season tickets are sold. My guess is WV fans purchased 5k of the season tickets and 75% of the additional 20k tickets (15k). Season tickets are always offered to Pitt season ticket holders first. They set a record this year thanks to a successful season last year. I think there will be at least 20k WV fans there and possibly as many as 25K because of standing room only tickets. The Vivid info is extremely inaccurate IMHO.
If your guess is true that would put WVU fans at about 36% of Total Capacity. Which is enough to seriously negate the "home crowd" during negative momentum swings, and thats all I give a shit about. I will add when pitt comes to WVU, no way in hell they even hit 20% of our Capacity. We all know pitt fans dont show up to games, while this year you may have some Fairweather fans, attendance tracking data is easily found online and pitt is near the bottom in terms of P5(Ranks in the low 50s from year to year). However WVU ranks in the low 30's(31).. Out of 65 P5 programs.

"Despite having their best season in 40 years, Pitt football home games averaged an attendance of only 45,365 (66% capacity) in 2021. WVU had a losing season, a smaller stadium, and still averaged 51,617 attendance at home"

WVU 5 Year Average = 56484 (Data Collected in 2020) RANK 31st

pitt 5 Year Average = 43117 (Data Collected in 2020) RANK 52nd

Either way you slice it, home field advantage supposed to be an advantage, but with approx 35%-40% of all asses in seats being opponent fans, that seriously negates the effects of home field and how a crowd can impact the game. Thats why Home field in sports betting is usually worth about 2.5 - 3 points. So there is some value there, and in a close game, it could be an indirect source of the difference.

If your guess is true that would put WVU fans at about 36% of Total Capacity. Which is enough to seriously negate the "home crowd" during negative momentum swings, and thats all I give a shit about. I will add when pitt comes to WVU, no way in hell they even hit 20% of our Capacity. We all know pitt fans dont show up to games, while this year you may have some Fairweather fans, attendance tracking data is easily found online and pitt is near the bottom in terms of P5(Ranks in the low 50s from year to year). However WVU ranks in the low 30's(31).. Out of 65 P5 programs.

"Despite having their best season in 40 years, Pitt football home games averaged an attendance of only 45,365 (66% capacity) in 2021. WVU had a losing season, a smaller stadium, and still averaged 51,617 attendance at home"

Either way you slice it, home field advantage supposed to be an advantage, but with approx 35%-40% of all asses in seats being opponent fans, that seriously negates the effects of home field and how a crowd can impact the game. Thats why Home field in sports betting is usually worth about 2.5 - 3 points. So there is some value there, and in a close game, it could be an indirect source of the difference.
Agree with everything you said. Pitt fan base is metro Pittsburgh, and have to share market with WVU, ND, and State Penn. Only way they grow the base is by becoming a consistent top 10 program, which ain't happening. WVU has entire state rooting for them. Both teams represented well tonight, and that was good for both.

Glad to see you’re into participation trophies.

ADVERTISEMENT