ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt.....not even a basketball school anymore.

Keep up the threads before we’ve won, won’t look ridiculous if we blow a huge lead to an awful Pitt team

Pitt has been trending down for years in all sports. The move away from campus for the football program began the death spiral. No true home football field, too many coach hires and fires. But it took the basketball program a few more years before it started its ascension into obscurity. Sadly all that's left at Pitt is memories of the glory days.

Lots of times people will ask "is the Pitt rivalry dead?" Not for the older Mountaineer fans who still have fresh memories of heated games. It's called "The Backyard Brawl" for a reason. Both fan bases hate each other and it even goes beyond sports. The majority of residents from both states have nothing but contempt for each other. This dislike goes back over 100 years.

"Eat Sh*t Pitt"

Since the move to the Big XII for WVU Pitt's athletics have crashed. They are no longer relevant as Penn State runs the entire state now.
No reason to make Pitt relevant again by trying to make like there is a battle. There is not one as Pitt is trash. They are the Rutgers of the ACC.
WVU should be able to take all their recruits and if Penn State has an issue then that is who you go through not little irrelevant Pitt.
That is like saying Akron runs Ohio.

Last edited:
I browse their forum often because it's good comedy. Better than most television channels, actually. Year after year, they convince themselves that THIS year is THE year... and by the 2nd game they're eating their own, recommending tarps to cover the upper deck of Heinz, calling for mass firings, etc.

They're obsessed with PSU and WVU. There's more threads on the Pantylair about PSU than Pitt. By game 9 or 10 the 100 fans they have, start looking ahead to the next year.

For instance, if you head over there now, you'll see threads about their young QB who is going to help them "win the Coastal". I continually see them make claims that Narduzzi can help them average eight or nine wins a season which always makes me laugh.

Their recruiting is an absolute dumpster fire. If we had their incoming class we would be leaping off of cliffs.

It must be hard being a Pitt fan.

ok dragonpeepee we get it. if someone has a different view from you then they must be a "troll"...which is the overused term by children on forums. go back to DH and slurp away dude lol.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I know this is a ‘dick on them’ type thread but I’ve got a ‘real’ question.

Is western PA, after PSU, considered our stomping grounds (certainly vs. Pitt) in recruiting?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT