ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fan here.

For me, Maryland is the team I want to beat every year. But when you're at the game and you're on the field, the Backyard Brawl is still the biggest deal to both students, fan and definitely the players. For the players, that game was personal stuff. There aren't as many PA kids playing for WV these days, but there are enough that its still one of those games where scores get settled. People who say they don't care about playing that game are talking out of their rears. Every university needs a game like that and it's only through sheer BS with the school administrators that the game hasn't been done. I'm glad it's on the schedule and I'll be the first one to ask for its renewal, especially since I think Penn State should have gotten the Death Penalty. I regard playing Penn State as blood money and I refuse to watch them ever anywhere. Shame on us for scheduling them. VPI...great game...never really felt the same battle vibe I got for Maryland or Pitt..and those first few Marshall games.

All I know is a WVU/ PITT matchup would have filled our stadium last Saturday. That is what the Thanksgiving weekend is for... rivalries that get people buying tickets when the students are gone. Instead, we played a game in front of a half empty stadium with very little atmosphere. You can say what you want but people will buy tickets to see WVU play Pitt.

They discovered college basketball....didn't exist anywhere before Pitt. I'm down on bended knee.
That's a silly thing to say. I simply responded to a post that implied Pitt was scared to play WVU...which is preposterous given the fact that Pitt has dominated the series over the past 15 years and Dixon is 7-4 vs Huggy

No its not....you people didn't invent it and you have a Long Way to being a Power....not that WVU is, but the BS is just getting very Deep . Shovels?

This is for Greggy....
You really are protesting too much.....like you have something to hide. Anyway, I imagine that the whole university is financially sound while the athletic dept is a dumpster fire. You know, like how some companies have productive divisions while some divisions struggle. I really don't care as much as you seem to. We get it...pitt is great, yet you are here.

Dude I'd be willing to bet I've been to more WVU games this year than you have. You add no value and like The Donald says "your stupid"!

in that time, how many Final Fours have you guys been in? How many sweet sixteens? How many elite 8's? That's what I thought, none.

You and Punk really sound dumb. Before you get emotional and spout off about hoops do a little research and move on. Let's just say both hoop programs are solid and move on. You're ready to show the colors of a moron. Friendly suggestion from somebody that cares about you two.

No its not....you people didn't invent it and you have a Long Way to being a Power....not that WVU is, but the BS is just getting very Deep . Shovels?

You realize Pitt 's Dixon has the highest winning % of any coach in the history of the Big East right? And that's the Big East that was the best conference in the country. The conference that our ninth place team won the National title. Wait WVU was in that conference. You should know the history. So it's how you look at things. If winning in the top conference means something you'll respect Pitt. If making the Big East tournament final several times you'll respect Pitt. If winning the Big East regular season or Tourny Championship you'll respect Pitt. If being ranked number 1 in country you'll respect Pitt. If being #1 seed in NCAAs you'll respect Pitt. Top 20 teams a gizillion times and top 10 team often you'll respect Pitt. Sweet16s and an elite 8 you'll respect Pitt. 4 or 5 NBA players over the 5-7 years. Get it! You guy just get emotional and lose your minds!

No way...no how. I'm a died in the wool....Blue and gold Bleeding Mountaineer....No way I respect you and your BS....Blah to you too....I say from bended knee....When Pitt goes to the Final Four or produces a Jerry West or has anything approaching the Legacy of WVU basketball then you can talk....A pox on you!

You realize Pitt 's Dixon has the highest winning % of any coach in the history of the Big East right? And that's the Big East that was the best conference in the country. The conference that our ninth place team won the National title. Wait WVU was in that conference. You should know the history. So it's how you look at things. If winning in the top conference means something you'll respect Pitt. If making the Big East tournament final several times you'll respect Pitt. If winning the Big East regular season or Tourny Championship you'll respect Pitt. If being ranked number 1 in country you'll respect Pitt. If being #1 seed in NCAAs you'll respect Pitt. Top 20 teams a gizillion times and top 10 team often you'll respect Pitt. Sweet16s and an elite 8 you'll respect Pitt. 4 or 5 NBA players over the 5-7 years. Get it! You guy just get emotional and lose your minds!
hahahahahahaha......he mad.

Hair flap had a good record and winning percentage because he regularly scheduled stiffs for OOC games. Ole yeller always liked the creampuffs in Nov/Dec.

Remember, no other team choked as much as Jamie's teams did in the tourny. Pacific anyone? LOL.

Most underachieving coach in BE, hell NCAA, history.

Last edited:

Hair flap had a good record and winning percentage because he regularly scheduled stiffs for OOC games. Ole yeller always liked the creampuffs in Nov/Dec.

Remember, no other team choked as much as Jamie's teams did in the tourny. Pacific anyone? LOL.

Huggs has been to 21 NCAA's and has been bounced in the first weekend 13 times.

Dixon won the BE regular season multiple times and the BE Tourney a few times. Of course he also kicked WVU's a$$ head to head and was 7-4 against Huggy.

I guess WVU is lucky they didn't have to play Pitt in the NCAA's

You know what's a better thread title than, 'Pitt Fan Here'....?

....'Pitt Fan Anywhere But Here'....

Huggs has been to 21 NCAA's and has been bounced in the first weekend 13 times.

Dixon won the BE regular season multiple times and the BE Tourney a few times. Of course he also kicked WVU's a$$ head to head and was 7-4 against Huggy.

I guess WVU is lucky they didn't have to play Pitt in the NCAA's
And then went on to get his ass whipped by some nobody 14 seed in the Dance, not once but several times. LOL....loser.

Huggy......overachiever
Hair flip....underachiever

Don't let the facts get in the way goof. You missed the part where Dixon has the highest winning percentage in the history of the Big East. Now explain to this fine site how he is the most underachieving coach in the BE. Let me grab my popcorn. This should be amazing. Ok clown have at it.

Don't let the facts get in the way goof. You missed the part where Dixon has the highest winning percentage in the history of the Big East. Now explain to this fine site how he is the most underachieving coach in the BE. Let me grab my popcorn. This should be amazing. Ok clown have at it.[/QUOTE
Coaches/teams are evaluated on their performace in the NCAA's....NOT the Big East ot any other conference. These conference tourneys are used as jumping off points to the NCAA's (seeding or just getting invited)

You are truly an idiot. Now go back and count all of Jamies BIG EAST trophies ...Just try and forget about Pacific.LOL

Don't let the facts get in the way goof. You missed the part where Dixon has the highest winning percentage in the history of the Big East. Now explain to this fine site how he is the most underachieving coach in the BE. Let me grab my popcorn. This should be amazing. Ok clown have at it.
If he Agrees with you, do you promise to Leave? Honestly, the Stench is Unbearable, and this is not your Board. Leave Already!

Reactions: Pitt4Life34

Awesome Punk. So now we list all of the upsets from two universities. Value added buddy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT