ADVERTISEMENT

PITT BBall Game ' Suspended'...

Orlaco

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2007
..because of unplayable something or other...according to tweets.

Anybody know why ?

The court was built in an airport hanger without AC I believe and played at 9am their time..... The humidity in that tin can cuased an extreme amount of condensation to develop on the court and it was the only reasonable move to call the game

Plus it rained just before the game increasing the already high humidity. One Pitt player slip so quickly in the first half that he slammed his face on the court so hard that a laceration was opened above his eye.

The officials told whomever that something had to be done at half-time to fix the court condition. They tried and they failed. The officials came out in the second half and said the court was too dangerous for both players and officials, and they called the game.

There are highlights of the first half showing a number of players slipping and sometimes falling only because the court was a mess.

BTW .... Pitt was leading the Zags at halftime. I know that it is a deep seated desire, almost an emotional need, for a lot of WVU fans to write off Jamie Dixon and Pitt .... but not so fast my friend!

BTW .... Pitt was leading the Zags at halftime. I know that it is a deep seated desire, almost an emotional need, for a lot of WVU fans to write off Jamie Dixon and Pitt .... but not so fast my friend!

I'm sure your team will rebound this season.

I'm sure your team will rebound this season.

I'm stunned. I'm speechless. I'm, I'm ... I'm laughing.

Pitt is not my team. But I do respect Jamie Dixon. I have family members who know Dixon and his wife. They say they are truly great people.

Yet my real point is that Mountaineer fans who possess a neurotic/pathological hatred of Pitt are a source of endless entertainment. A resurgent Pitt team is bound to cause them endless consternation.

Thank you Orlaco for giving me the opportunity to more clearly state things.

Being from the southern part of the state I never got the whole Pitt thing. People in northern WV root for the Pirates and the Steelers like they're the hometown team, love to go to Pittsburgh, identify with Pittsburgh, but hate Pitt. It's an oxymoron of the highest level.

Where I come from we hate VPI. After all, there are a lot of native WV traitors who attended or attend VPI and live in the area. It's a logical hatred and mutual dislike.

One last thing, if you live in the state and are a Republican, remember Jim Justice is a VPI man, the turncoat. Do the right thing come the primary election, send him back to White Sulphur Springs to mope on his giant fat ass and threaten Lewisburg cops.

Pitt is not my team. But I do respect Jamie Dixon. I have family members who know Dixon and his wife. They say they are truly great people.

Yet my real point is that Mountaineer fans who possess a neurotic/pathological hatred of Pitt are a source of endless entertainment. A resurgent Pitt team is bound to cause them endless consternation.

At this point I'm indifferent to college basketball because it's all the same at the end of the tourney. However, in regard to Dixon he was part of a resurgence of a dead in the water program and has stuck around for a decade and a half later. That in itself is very admirable. Most college coaches this day and age aren't as loyal.

..because of unplayable something or other...according to tweets.

Anybody know why ?
Here is a link to an ESPN story on the game http://sports.espn.go.com/mens-coll...ldogs-stopped-first-half-due-floor-conditions which shows some of the slippery highlights mentioned, especially take a look at the Robinson slip , could have ended very very badly for him, luckily it didn't. Not a good thing ESPN did to schedule a game in an un-air-conditioned gym in basically a jungle that was 80 degrees with 100% humidity at game time. Luckily no one from either team was seriously injured.

It was covered in tears from Pitt fans realizing how bad their basketball program has become.

I dont see Pitt turning thr corner in the ACC anytime soon. Dixon lost his key assistants who were good/great recruiters and one of them is back in NYC at St Johns where he can personally plug Dixon's NY-pipeline for recruiting....

His roster this season is a cut and paste job of transfers and his 2015 and 2016 classes arent bringing much in for the future

A resurgent sPitt team? That there is pure comedy.

I disagree, most WV fans could give a chit about sPitt BB. sPitt fans are the ones that have written off JD.

This is unfortunately very accurate. They won't go to the cellar this year or next but the future is not looking very good. Battling with Robert Morris at this point for recruits.

You are a joke new poster! You know nothing about WVU or Pitt basketball. Be gone!

Some of you take this stuff way too serious .... if .. that's IF Pitt has a resurgent season a lot of WVU (not the the majority, I never said majority) ... a lot of WVU fans who have a deep seated emotional need for Pitt to fail will have a hard time dealing with it.

If you disagree with me it means that you believe there are not a lot of WVU fans who have a deep seated emotional need for Pitt to fail and thus, if Pitt has a good season it will not be a big disappointment for them.

If you disagree with me beyond those terms you're just making up stuff.

id be glad to have a trivia contest on either subject, from the how many games griffen abel started to which bars in jeannette derrick wiley is banned from.

But on a more serious note, you brought a lot to this discussion in your couple posts so thanks!
I agreed with him because he is right. Pitt is losing recruits to PSU ...in basketball..

That game was nuts, I tuned in for the last 2 minutes and was sure someone was about to break their neck. Blame goes to ESPN, who the eff thought it would be a good idea to send over two random college hoop programs, to Japan, in a tin can gym not suitable for rec league play? You couldnt just play the damn thing here on one of our hundreds of army bases? Anything for an extra thousand people to tune into a game I guess.

Rivalries make college sports fun. Just because you like Pitt doesn't mean all WVU fans have to.

Dixon defenders always harp on him being a great guy ... due to his unfortunate post-season resume.

Rivalries make college sports fun. Just because you like Pitt doesn't mean all WVU fans have to.

Dixon defenders always harp on him being a great guy ... due to his unfortunate post-season resume.

Learn to read.
I. Do. Not. Like. Pitt.

I just don't have a deep seated emotional need for them to fail.
And I have no personal animosity, real or imagined, against Jamie Dixon.

But thanks for the entertainment.

That game was nuts, I tuned in for the last 2 minutes and was sure someone was about to break their neck. Blame goes to ESPN, who the eff thought it would be a good idea to send over two random college hoop programs, to Japan, in a tin can gym not suitable for rec league play? You couldnt just play the damn thing here on one of our hundreds of army bases? Anything for an extra thousand people to tune into a game I guess.

Agreed .... ESPN is at fault here.

Learn to read.
I. Do. Not. Like. Pitt.

I just don't have a deep seated emotional need for them to fail.
And I have no personal animosity, real or imagined, against Jamie Dixon.

But thanks for the entertainment.
Just because you root for Jamie Dixon doesn't mean that I have to as well.

I have real personal animosity against him.

Just because you root for Jamie Dixon doesn't mean that I have to as well.

I have real personal animosity against him.

You're hilarious. Where did I say that I root for Jamie Dixon? Most of the time I pay no attention to him or Pitt basketball.

I'll let you have the last word in this little spat that you seem to be creating just for the heck of it.

You don't know the history pal. He's had a lot of success in post season. A lot of Big East tourney wins and Tourny banners to to prove. Only been in 2 ACC tourneys and upset UNC and made final 4 in one of them. Lots of NCAA tourney game wins(12 to be exact in 10 years) and Sweet16s and an Elite 8 to prove it. Now if your entire point is based on Final 4s then your a genius.

Last edited:
It was hard for me to muster up a response after the genius accusation preceded by a grammatical error. But I will I suppose.

Honestly, Dixon's a pretty good coach. I was just busting Hurdy's balls a little. We all good homey.

Pitt still eats sh*t tho.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT