ADVERTISEMENT

Pickm Week One

3xWVUenginEER

All-Conference
Dec 7, 2005
Pickm Week One
Okay this week is different. It counts. There is a very noticeable trend that will be obvious. AND There are not a lot of games that wouldn’t qualify for cupcake Saturday in November in the SEC. Yes thank you B1G for hurting the Pickm quality of games in 2020 -yes FU very much 11 out of 14 members.
SO I decided to just pick some G5 vs G5 to fill out the slate. There are still some gimmes including the one in Morgantown. I truly believe This is the worst opponent EVER at New Mountaineer Field. This opponent should not be on the schedule.

Anyways

Tie breaker/bonus is pick the total points in GT @ FSU. And the tiebreaker may decide the winner for the week.

9/10. 8 pm ACCN-UAB @ The U
9/12 12 NOON ACCN-Cuse @ UNC
FS1-E KY @ World Champs
FOX-High noon big game of the week on FOX???-Right?????—Louisiana Tech @ Baylor
1:30-CBSSN-Louisiana Monroe @ Army
2:30-NBC-Duke @ ND
3:30-ABC-GT @ FL State
ESPN2-UTSA @ TX State
FS1-AR State @ K State
7:30-ABC-Clemson @ Wake
8:00-ACCN-WKU @ Ville

It annoys me to have to pick sooo many acc games-FU very much B1G. It’s sad to me to know the schools in that conference are still practicing and according to the “Khakis” would be “ready to play in 2 weeks easy” but aren’t playing actual games. This is just WRONG!!!

My picks

the U
Unc
World Champs (or we should furlough the entire Staff and AD)
Baylor
Army
ND
FSU (52)
TX STATE
K State (but it will be closer than people think and the upset could happen)
Clemson (and I don’t see it close)
The VILE (yes I know I left an L out)

Covid virus checking station week
Miami, Fl
UNC
WVU
Baylor - might be an interesting match up but Baylor QB will dominate.
Army - they impressed me which means they will prove me wrong this week.
ND - pretend ACC team begins their cupcake ACC schedule.
FL State - 66 total points
TX State
KSU
Clemson - really? why waist the risk of covid on this one? Play your back ups.
Ville - don't care so I went home team.

Last edited:
Miami
UNC
WVU
Baylor
Army
Notre Dame
Florida State (59 total points)
TX State
Kansas State
Clemson
Louisville

Last edited:
Miami
UNC
WVU
Baylor
Army
ND
FSU (54)
TX State
K State
Clemson
Louisville

The picks seem pretty obvious this week . . .

Last edited:
Miami
UNC
WVU
Baylor
Army
ND
FL State -56 pts
TX State
K State
Clemson
Louisville

Miami, Florida over Alabama-Birmingham
North Carolina over Syracuse
West Virginia over Eastern Kentucky
Baylor over Louisiana Tech
Army over Louisiana
Notre Dame over Duke
Florida State over Georgia Tech (48 points)
Texas State over Texas-San Antonio
Kansas State over Arkansas State
Clemson over Wake Forest
Louisville over Western Kentucky

Covid virus checking station week
Miami, Fl
UNC
WVU
Baylor - might be an interesting match up but Baylor QB will dominate.
Army - they impressed me which means they will prove me wrong this week.
ND - pretend ACC team begins their cupcake ACC schedule.
FL State - 66 total points
ESPN2-UTSA @ TX State
AR State - KSU lost a lot of seniors
Clemson - really? why waist the risk of covid on this one? Play your back ups.
Ville - don't care so I went home team.
What is your pick for UTSA/TX St.?

I just saw where LA Tech @ Baylor is out. Hmm now what does Fox do for the Big Game time slot?

reportedly COV19 hit LA Tech

Arkansas State 17 players positive for covid and 7 of those are starters. Killed a big time upset.

Winners

The U

World Champs but the opponent should not have been on the schedule
AR State (I said it could be an upset, and K State blew it. K State is baaaaaaad right now)
UNC

*** also not the Great Matt Campbell’s (who lost @ home to UL Lafayette-Ragin Cajun)

Should have stayed with my original choice. The Wildcats said goodbye to 28 seniors, 15 of whom were starters. You don't recover from that right away. K.State will push Kansas for 10th.

K.State experts predicted
Kansas State 35, Arkansas State 21
[roll]

ISU and Campbell are overrated every year. He should have left when he had the chance.

HEY Big 12 here's a thought. DON'T SCHEDULE SUN BELT TEAMS.

Winners

The U

World Champs but the opponent should not have been on the schedule. EKU I believe is the worst opponent ever at New Mountaineer Field
AR State (I said it could be an upset, and K State blew it. K State is baaaaaaad right now)
UNC

*** also not the Great Matt Campbell’s (who lost @ home to UL Lafayette-Ragin Cajun)

Army
Notre Dame
UTSA-kicking beat TX State

Last edited:
Winners

The U

World Champs but the opponent should not have been on the schedule. EKU I believe is the worst opponent ever at New Mountaineer Field
UNC

Army
Notre Dame
UTSA-kicking beat TX State
Rambling Wreck of GA Tech (16+13=29) and Joe Tessitore is the most annoying announcer there is in college football
Clemson (27-0 at the half calling it)
The Vile!

Last edited:
I almost picked AR State. I said watch for the upset. I watched week one @ MEmphis and thought they could be good and roll into Manhattan and win. But then I’m like “don’t over think it. Pick the home team.”

As for FSU, they suck. They’ve sucked ever since Jimbo left. Just living off the past Bowden years. WVU would have likely beat them in the ATL all things considered, even though we’re not that good either.

Long live Ball!

let’s hope the B1G votes today to start games on 9/26 cause I’m no fan of ACC football and next weeks Pickm is pretty much the ACC-haha-not really

Stupid me had Arkansas State then switched when I heard they lost 17 players due to Covid for that game. If there was going to be a so called upset that was the game to pick.

WVU playing FSU would have been a Tennessee type game.

Not much to talk about on the picks this week, everybody got 7 out of 10. So with only 46 pts as the correct guess for the GT/FSU game, I guess I win the tie-breaker, for what it's worth.

PLAYER NAME CORRECT WEEK 1 CORRECTYTD YTD/WIN %
3XWVU
7​
7​
70%
TORONTO
0​
0​
0%
FALLRUN
7​
7​
70%
SKYHAWKBALL
7​
7​
70%
ALLEN
7​
7​
70%
MICHHERD
7​
7​
70%
CHRISWV
7​
7​
70%
EXPAT
7​
7​
70%

Not much to talk about on the picks this week, everybody got 7 out of 10. So with only 46 pts as the correct guess for the GT/FSU game, I guess I win the tie-breaker, for what it's worth.

PLAYER NAME CORRECT WEEK 1 CORRECTYTD YTD/WIN %
3XWVU
7​

7​
70%
TORONTO
0​

0​
0%
FALLRUN
7​

7​
70%
SKYHAWKBALL
7​

7​
70%
ALLEN
7​

7​
70%
MICHHERD
7​

7​
70%
CHRISWV
7​

7​
70%
EXPAT
7​

7​
70%

What are the Covid rules for our pick'em games? If we get covid do we have to cancel our picks that week and make it up with a different selection?

Until there’s a full slate with a few extra games (ie more than just 2P5 conferences and 3G5 conferences), our options are limited. We need the B1G and the SEC to start playing.

What are the Covid rules for our pick'em games? If we get covid do we have to cancel our picks that week and make it up with a different selection?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT