ADVERTISEMENT

Pickem CCG

FallingRun84

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2016
Conference Champion Week and no WVU playing. 11 games on the slate. First game Friday 12/3 Tie breaker total points scored. Houston vs Cinn.

Fri 12/3 7 PM CBSS Western KY UTSA
Fri 12/3 8 PM ABC Oregon Utah
Sat 12/4 Noon ABC Baylor OKSU
Sat 12/4 Noon ESPN Kent St Northern IL
Sat 12/4 3 PM Fox Utah St SDSU
Sat 12/4 3:30 PM ESPN App St Louisiana
Sat 12/4 4 PM CBS UGA Bama
Sat 12/4 4 PM ABC Houston Cinn
Sat 12/4 8 PM ABC Pitt WF
Sat 12/4 8 PM Fox Mich Iowa
Sat 12/4 11 PM FS1 USC Cal

UTSA over Western KY
Utah over Oregon
OKSU over Baylor
Kent St over Northern IL
SDSU over Utah St
App St over Louisiana
UGA over Bama
Cinn over Houston (58 Points)
WF over Pitt
Mich over Iowa
Cal over USC

Conference Champion Week and no WVU playing. 11 games on the slate. First game Friday 12/3 Tie breaker total points scored. Houston vs Cinn.

Fri 12/3 7 PM CBSS Western KY UTSA
Fri 12/3 8 PM ABC Oregon Utah
Sat 12/4 Noon ABC Baylor OKSU
Sat 12/4 Noon ESPN Kent St Northern IL
Sat 12/4 3 PM Fox Utah St SDSU
Sat 12/4 3:30 PM ESPN App St Louisiana
Sat 12/4 4 PM CBS UGA Bama
Sat 12/4 4 PM ABC Houston Cinn
Sat 12/4 8 PM ABC Pitt WF
Sat 12/4 8 PM Fox Mich Iowa
Sat 12/4 11 PM FS1 USC Cal
UTSA
Utah
OKSU
Northner IL
SDSU
APP ST
UGA
CINN
PITT
Michigan
USC

total points: 63

Last edited:

WKU over UTSA
Utah over Oregon
Oklahoma State over Baylor
Kent over Northern Illinois
San Diego State over Utah State
Louisiana over Appalachian State
Georgia over Alabama
Cincinnati over Houston
Pittsburgh over Wake Forest
Michigan over Iowa
California over USC

Total Points (UC vs UH) - 54

Last edited:
UTSA over Western KY
Utah over Oregon
OKSU over Baylor
Kent St over Northern IL
SDSU over Utah St
App St over Louisiana
Bama over Georgia
Cinn over Houston (65 Points)
Pitt over Wake Forest
Michigan over Iowa
USC over Cal

Western Kentucky
Utah
Oklahoma State
Northern Illinois
SDSU
App St.
UGA
Cincinnati (59)
Wake Forest
Michigan
Cal

UTSA over Western KY
Utah over Oregon
Baylor over OSU
Northern IL over Kent St
Utah St over SDSU
Louisiana over App State
Bama over UGA
Cinn over Houston (55 Points)
Pitt over Pitt
Mich over Iowa
Cal over USC

Last edited:
I need both Louisiana and Pitt to be victorious today, in order to stop Falling Run from going on a Michael Jordan type run.

Reactions: FallingRun84
What a great finale to the regular season! Championship Week always provides some great wins like Cincinnati and UTSA and some huge disappointments like Oregon, Ok State and UGA. It is also the end of our regular season Pick'em for 2021 and we also will crown a Champion.

I don't recall a season when the competition has been so close. In fact, we have a tie for the final tally. For the week we had four player with 6 correct picks: @FallingRun84 , @MichiganHerd , @Chris from WV and @WV Cooler . The tie-breaker win, with a guess of 54 points in the Cincy/Houston game against 55 actual points scored is @MichiganHerd . Congrats on the week!

However, the final tally for the season also shows a tie between FallingRun84 and MichiganHerd with 177 correct picks out of 269 for 65.799% win rate. We could declare co-champions, but that didn't work well in the Big 12 in the first year of the CFP. So by utilizing the one tie-breaker that everyone always agrees with, head-to-head competition, I went back week by week to see which of them won the most weeks out of the 14 we played. Although the final tally was identical, how each of them got to the end is different.

Therefore, I am pleased (sort of) to award the 2021 Pick'em Championship to ..... @MichiganHerd by winning two competition weeks over the one week win of FallingRun84. Congrats to M-Herd! Actually both players should be congratulated for stellar play throughout the season. Congrats gents!

@westsiderSJHS77 actually won the most individual weeks this season with 3, but some of his other weeks were less than to be desired. @TugRiveer won two weeks as did @WV Cooler ; all others won once, no one was shutout from a weekly win. Here's the final numbers:

PLAYER NAME CORRECT WEEK CCG CORRECTYTD YTD/WIN %
3XWVU 0 0 0%
TORONTO 0 0 0%
FALLRUN 6 177 65.80%
EXPAT 3 172 63.94%
MICHHERD 6 177 65.80%
CHRISWV 6 164 60.97%
WVCOOLER 6 164 60.97%
WESTSIDE 0 159 59.11%
THE BELL 4 151 56.13%
TUG-EER 5 165 61.34%

Reactions: FallingRun84
What a great finale to the regular season! Championship Week always provides some great wins like Cincinnati and UTSA and some huge disappointments like Oregon, Ok State and UGA. It is also the end of our regular season Pick'em for 2021 and we also will crown a Champion.

I don't recall a season when the competition has been so close. In fact, we have a tie for the final tally. For the week we had four player with 6 correct picks: @FallingRun84 , @MichiganHerd , @Chris from WV and @WV Cooler . The tie-breaker win, with a guess of 54 points in the Cincy/Houston game against 55 actual points scored is @MichiganHerd . Congrats on the week!

However, the final tally for the season also shows a tie between FallingRun84 and MichiganHerd with 177 correct picks out of 269 for 65.799% win rate. We could declare co-champions, but that didn't work well in the Big 12 in the first year of the CFP. So by utilizing the one tie-breaker that everyone always agrees with, head-to-head competition, I went back week by week to see which of them won the most weeks out of the 14 we played. Although the final tally was identical, how each of them got to the end is different.

Therefore, I am pleased (sort of) to award the 2021 Pick'em Championship to ..... @MichiganHerd by winning two competition weeks over the one week win of FallingRun84. Congrats to M-Herd! Actually both players should be congratulated for stellar play throughout the season. Congrats gents!

@westsiderSJHS77 actually won the most individual weeks this season with 3, but some of his other weeks were less than to be desired. @TugRiveer won two weeks as did @WV Cooler ; all others won once, no one was shutout from a weekly win. Here's the final numbers:

PLAYER NAME CORRECT WEEK CCG CORRECTYTD YTD/WIN %
3XWVU 0 0 0%
TORONTO 0 0 0%
FALLRUN 6 177 65.80%
EXPAT 3 172 63.94%
MICHHERD 6 177 65.80%
CHRISWV 6 164 60.97%
WVCOOLER 6 164 60.97%
WESTSIDE 0 159 59.11%
THE BELL 4 151 56.13%
TUG-EER 5 165 61.34%
As far as I'm concerned, co-champions is okay with me. Bowls are always difficult to pick, especially since so many players sit them out. Never know who's sitting, unless you want to expend the time looking at every team, which I wouldn't bother doing.

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
ADVERTISEMENT