WVU Release Pete Rose to Speak at WVU Baseball Leadoff Dinner

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Pete Rose to Speak at WVU Baseball Leadoff Dinner

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (December 10, 2015) – Featuring guest speaker Pete Rose, tickets are now on sale for the West Virginia University baseball team’s Leadoff Dinner, presented by Lumos Networks, on Saturday, Jan. 30, 2016.

The fourth annual event will be held at the Morgantown Event Center at 2 Waterfront Place. The reception begins at 4 p.m., while the dinner and program commences at 6 p.m. Along with Rose serving as the guest speaker, the event will include a silent and live auction.

To reserve your table or tickets to the Leadoff Dinner, contact the Mountaineer Athletic Club at 800-433-2072 or return the invitation, available here.

“I’m really excited to have Pete Rose coming to our banquet and supporting Mountaineer baseball,” coach Randy Mazey said. “He’s the reason I wear No. 14 on my uniform, and when I was growing up, he was the guy that everyone was trying to emulate.”

The following tickets and table sponsorships are available:

Individual Tickets: $100

• Admission to Reception, Dinner and Auction

VIP Tickets: $500

• Admission to the reception, dinner and auction

• Access to VIP area for individual photo opportunity with Pete Rose (4:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.)

• Seat will be placed at a table in the VIP area for the dinner

Table Sponsorship: $1,000

• Reserved table in a premium location for dinner

• Admission for 9 to the reception, dinner and auction

• 10th seat will be filled by a baseball student-athlete, coach or administrator

• One complimentary season ticket for the 2016 season

• Autographed Pete Rose baseball

• Access for 2 to the VIP area for individual photo opportunity with Pete Rose (4:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.)

VIP Table Sponsorship: $5,000

• Reserved table in the VIP area for dinner

• Admission for 9 to the reception, dinner and auction

• 10th seat will be filled by a baseball student-athlete, coach or administrator

• Two complimentary season tickets for the 2016 season

• Autographed Pete Rose bat and baseball

• Autographed Pete Rose picture at each seat

• Access for 9 to the VIP area for individual photo opportunity with Pete Rose (4:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.)

“The annual dinner always gets everyone excited for the upcoming baseball season,” Mazey said. “We have a history of putting on some really fun banquets, with a great auction and guests. People always have a great time, and I’m really excited for this one to be the best one yet.”

Rose is the all-time Major League Baseball leader in hits with 4,256 and won three World Series in his 24-year playing career. A 17-time All-Star, Rose won two Gold Gloves, was named MLB’s Most Valuable Player once and claimed three batting titles. He was the National League’s Rookie of the Year in 1963 and was named to MLB’s All-Century Team.

Season tickets for the 2016 WVU baseball season are on sale now. Fans can join the excitement of WVU baseball and contribute to the home field advantage at Monongalia County Ballpark by calling 1-800-WVU GAME, purchasing tickets at WVUGAME.com or visiting the Mountaineer Ticket Office at the WVU Coliseum. More information on season tickets and the 30-game home schedule can be found at WVUsports.com.

For more information on the Mountaineers, follow WVU Baseball on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT