ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- OCT 2022

COOL MAN

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
So, now that we're about a week from the first official puck drop......and while I continue to live (according to Google Maps) 274 miles from the front door of PPGPA.......I don't get the impression there's a whole bunch of enthusiasm from any direction for the new season. In fact, I honesty can't recall the last time enthusiasm was this low......before Sid came to town, maybe ??

Not sure that's because everyone is just playing it safe after the playoff disappointments of the past few seasons.....because the fan base figures a declining team is ready to really start showing its age in 22/23.....or because everyone is just caught up in the backwash of the disastrous (thus far) Steelers season (and the Pirates customary no-show).

So, thoughts (if any) on the new season.....and is there any reason for me to actually pay attention to the TV listings for possible Penguins telecasts each night ??

Well, that was an ugly 2nd (especially) and 3rd in Edmonton last night......

The National Hockey League Tweets "Trans Women Are Women"

0fcc9b31c20cd5f9.png

adios, nhl....

Last edited:
Well, coming around a bit, but I myself still am not sold on this team currently. Seeing what they do tonight against the admittedly struggling Cryers will tell me something......though I admit I'm not exactly sure what that is.

Obviously, things have been going better for the Guins the past few weeks, but have you seen their upcoming schedule ??
  • 12/15 at FLA
  • 12/18 at CAR
  • 12/20 NYR
  • 12/22 CAR
  • 12/27 at NYI
  • 12/28 DET
  • 12/30 NJD
  • 1/2 at BOS
  • 1/5 at VGK
Seems to me we'll know a lot more about where this team is going in 22/23 after this lineup. Just hoping they can avoid the inevitable stretch of key injuries they seem to run into around this time of year most every season.

nice to see them play patient hockey last night. nice to see them rewarded for it as well.

ADVERTISEMENT