ADVERTISEMENT

Pens --- FEB 2019

Got their asses handed to them pretty good after the solid first 20 minutes. I thought the Blojax's size was a big factor in the 2nd period turnaround.

Hope they can kill this penalty and then find a way to re-level out the ice.

I also have to remind myself how shorthanded they're playing tonight with Letang, Dumo, Kessel , and Sid all out of (or at least playing like they're out of) the lineup tonight.

Reactions: torontoeers
Hell ya!!! This was a HUGE win.

Blojax go from 3rd in the Metro to below the playoff line with the loss to the Pens (and the Canes win tonight). Meanwhile, while the Pens are tied with Carolina for 3rd, they're in the last WC position by virtue of being a game behind the Canes in ROW.

jack johnson played his best game as a penguin last night.

all the advanced stat nerds having to re-think their life choices today.

jack johnson played his best game as a penguin last night.

all the advanced stat nerds having to re-think their life choices today.
Imo he's been pretty good this year overall. And has played some big minutes. Many forget the quality of SOME of the defensemen The Pens have trotted out there over the last few years....

Reactions: Irwineer2
Imo he's been pretty good this year overall. And has played some big minutes. Many forget the quality of SOME of the defensemen The Pens have trotted out there over the last few years....

I think he has played well as well. earning his money.

the same people who are all over johnson ignore the sh*tty hockey 58 plays half the time he's out there.

Don't think I posted this, previously.......and perhaps you guys have read the same thing elsewhere (or maybe the same place)......but last week, I was reading readers' comments on a specific Penguins story published online on either DK or The Athletic. I think it was the latter......

Anyway, a specific individual (in his story comments) said he'd "heard" that much of Matt Murray's problems this year were traced to issues he was having with alcohol. Now, keep in mind this was just some anonymous reader making a comment, and there was absolutely no attribution to this claim. For the record, several readers replied to him with the same sense of shock as I did.

Curious if you've heard this rumor yourselves, and if so, to what extent you're inclined to believe it.

Don't think I posted this, previously.......and perhaps you guys have read the same thing elsewhere (or maybe the same place)......but last week, I was reading readers' comments on a specific Penguins story published online on either DK or The Athletic. I think it was the latter......

Anyway, a specific individual (in his story comments) said he'd "heard" that much of Matt Murray's problems this year were traced to issues he was having with alcohol. Now, keep in mind this was just some anonymous reader making a comment, and there was absolutely no attribution to this claim. For the record, several readers replied to him with the same sense of shock as I did.

Curious if you've heard this rumor yourselves, and if so, to what extent you're inclined to believe it.
Did not hear, and I am inclined to look at it with rather skeptical eyes...not for my like of the guy but for the fact that MM takes a ridiculous amount of flack imo from the fan base Flower lovers, and thus who knows who happens float this out there? If it by some stretch is true? Well we're in trouble...and beyond that I wish him well in dealing with it. However as I say...not goin there yet, till I hear something verified...

I haven't heard anything about mm being on the sauce.

day 4 of no power. fvcking pissed.
You find a bucket truck in your travels today? 5 days without juice is quite excessive imo. Any crews from parts everywhere down there? Usually they send the crews from up here or vise versa if it's a serious outage widespread???

You find a bucket truck in your travels today? 5 days without juice is quite excessive imo. Any crews from parts everywhere down there? Usually they send the crews from up here or vise versa if it's a serious outage widespread???

my father behaved like my father for the first time in 20 years and called a friend of his that is a pa state representative. he called her yesterday at 3... my power was back on by 9. however that left my house way too cold so I just turned all the heat up and made sure the water was ok and left to get a nights rest in before work today.

We are finally back home now and back to normal. wife and daughter currently fighting over homework.

Can’t win a cup with this shitty goal tending.
You are blaming this on MM or gonna re think it for a sec and go all 81 on the game winner? Cause I gotta tell ya OM1 that was as pathetic as I have EVER seen him. I was ****in screaming for him to go to the bench gassed and yet he ****in stayed out there, just before the goal. Called it in fact. The lazy ass had every opportunity to hit the pine but no he decided to stay out. He DID NOT CHALLENGE THE SHOOTER and better yet? Got in the ****in way doing squat nothing zilch. I am now of the opinion official **** THIS GUY. He is the #1 problem on this team.....

Reactions: Irwineer2
You are blaming this on MM or gonna re think it for a sec and go all 81 on the game winner? Cause I gotta tell ya OM1 that was as pathetic as I have EVER seen him. I was ****in screaming for him to go to the bench gassed and yet he ****in stayed out there, just before the goal. Called it in fact. The lazy ass had every opportunity to hit the pine but no he decided to stay out. He DID NOT CHALLENGE THE SHOOTER and better yet? Got in the ****in way doing squat nothing zilch. I am now of the opinion official **** THIS GUY. He is the #1 problem on this team.....

81 is worthless without the puck on his stick.

I thought 81 was actually a little MORE engaged last night than I've seen him the last month; but without him lighting the light, he remains several light years more liability than asset.

As for my good buddy Matt Murray, it's amazing how Conor Sheary......someone not typically associated with the Ovechkins or Kucherovs or Leines of the hockey world.... turned him absolutely to stone on the game winner. Not exactly sure how it was that he appeared TOTALLY surprised with the shot.

Oh, and while obviously Kessel remains his own problem, Geno didn't look very engaged in HIS half-assed effort handling the puck on the half board (which resulted in the turnover leading to the Sheary game winner).

I was referring to the tying goal .....the wrist shot from 55 feet

ADVERTISEMENT