ADVERTISEMENT

Pens December

Just saw this and....jaw dropping would be my choice of adjectives. Get better Jake. Ugh...

Aside the goaltenders......and maybe Tanev......I think he's the only key player on the roster who hadn't joined the injury parade until now.. Guess it makes sense his injury ends up being the worst of them all.

Reactions: torontoeers
I guess the Pens now have $3 million in cap space for the rest of the season if they want to rend somebody for the 2nd half
Gotta stay in a playoff position and it's so tight... Sid's gonna need somebody to pass it to. It's a huge hole to fill but if we can pull somebody half decent from somewhere you'd think trader GMJR will pull the trigger....or we can get real crazy and hope that Yuk regains form from 3 years ago...he's never gonna get a better chance than NOW.

Reactions: COOL MAN
I guess the Pens now have $3 million in cap space for the rest of the season if they want to rend somebody for the 2nd half

Sounds about right......not sure what's out there.

>>>>>Gotta stay in a playoff position and it's so tight... Sid's gonna need somebody to pass it to. It's a huge hole to fill but if we can pull somebody half decent from somewhere you'd think trader GMJR will pull the trigger....or we can get real crazy and hope that Yuk regains form from 3 years ago...he's never gonna get a better chance than NOW>>>>>

My guess is, for the present, that JR and Sully are stuck praying to the gawds that Yuk can actually do something on the top line :(

Last edited:
Sounds about right......not sure what's out there. My guess is, for the present, that JR and Sully will be stuck praying to the gawds that Yuk can do something with Geno and Rusty :(
We've got a decent stable of D men once Dumo and Schultzie get back. I'd think if he's dealing one or two D men are going. Be a shame if it were Schultzie but he has the most value as a tradable asset with contract expiring....ah I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I have little faith in Yuk...

We've got a decent stable of D men once Dumo and Schultzie get back. I'd think if he's dealing one or two D men are going. Be a shame if it were Schultzie but he has the most value as a tradable asset with contract expiring....ah I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I have little faith in Yuk...

I honestly have no clue what Schultzie's value would be as a rental; but it's hard for me to imagine him bringing back any kind of reasonable scoring forward. As for Yuk, I regrettably think we're all on the same page with him.....I do think another player Sully will be asking for more offense is from Horndog (though I have no clue how that happens).

Meanwhile, PHN reporting the only players on the roster.....with Jake now gonzo....... who haven't missed a game this season are Tanev, ZAR, Teddy, Simon and Pettersson.

I honestly have no clue what Schultzie's value would be as a rental; but it's hard for me to imagine him bringing back any kind of reasonable scoring forward. As for Yuk, I regrettably think we're all on the same page with him.....I do think another player Sully will be asking for more offense is from Horndog (though I have no clue how that happens).

Meanwhile, PHN reporting the only players on the roster.....with Jake now gonzo....... who haven't missed a game this season are Tanev, ZAR, Teddy, Simon and Pettersson.
Oh for sure I'd think he'd have to throw in a pretty high pick or two/ prospect for anything of substance back.

5 guys who are injury free, that has to be close to some kind of record lol. Oh well at least they miraculously keep rolling...

Didn't think I could be more bummed-out than when Sid had his surgery.......but I gotta tell you, Jake's injury (and its severity) really has me depressed.

Hey t, changing the subject for a minute......I believe Calen Addison scored a goal for Canada in the WJ the other day (on what looked like a pretty decent shot). I only looked once at the team stats, but I get the impression he's playing in their 3rd pairing.

Anyway, how is he looking......and does he appear to belong at this level ??

Hey t, changing the subject for a minute......I believe Calen Addison scored a goal for Canada in the WJ the other day (on what looked like a pretty decent shot). I only looked once at the team stats, but I get the impression he's playing in their 3rd pairing.

He looks decent to my eyes and yep a third pairing guy. No abhorrent giveaways , just steady if perhaps 'unnoticeable'? Which is ok so far as I'm concerned. The goal was on a 5 on 3 vs the Krauts so take that as you will. Long and short of it is ya, he's steady at this higher level imo...

Here is one for ya I just saw... in group play for the WJ's, Sweden has a whopping 52 straight victories? The next closest is the USA at 3 lol. Imagine if the Swedes could get it done more often in the medal rounds. I guess that's why their teams often get hung in the Swedish media year over year...that number opened my eyes quite a bit...off the charts.

Here is one for ya I just saw... in group play for the WJ's, Sweden has a whopping 52 straight victories? The next closest is the USA at 3 lol. Imagine if the Swedes could get it done more often in the medal rounds. I guess that's why their teams often get hung in the Swedish media year over year...that number opened my eyes quite a bit...off the charts.

Jeez......I appreciate they have a strong Junior game in Sweden. But that many consecutive wins indicates to me they've enjoyed favorable group competitors, and aren't dealing much with Canada, the US, and Russia (I assume they're usually matched up with Finland).

Meanwhile, I wasn't aware the Swedish media was tough on them......of course, I suppose it stands to reason they'd be more or less as demanding on their kids as their Canadian counterparts.

What in the hell is Canada doing wearing BLACK unis (with only red trim).....has Junior hockey north of the border gone ghetto ??

What in the hell is Canada doing wearing BLACK unis (with only red trim).....has Junior hockey north of the border gone ghetto ??
Oh believe you me I've complained on this before at length. It's abhorrent imo. Last time I checked their was no black in our flag. Embarrassing. They had a black one years back in the Olympics as well....

According to DK, Sid evidently practiced today in a white (non-contact) jersey for the first time since his surgery.......indicating he continues to make progress. However, he simply skated and went through drills; evidently no line rushes.

So, no indication he's as yet close to returning.

If you didn't see this earlier today; Sens cement head (and they've got quite a few of them) Mark Borowiecki made the following comment in last night's post game:

“That’s a really good team over there. As objectively as I can put it, that’s probably the best coached team in the NHL. They get those chances because their fundamentals are so solid and they’re just really responsible. They wear you down and they look great.”

USA vs the Fins round 1? I like my draw better than yours lol. However I think the American speed is pretty good this year. Will be a good game.

Happy New Year to all of ya here, and have a safe, enjoyable night.

If you didn't see this earlier today; Sens cement head (and they've got quite a few of them) Mark Borowiecki made the following comment in last night's post game:

“That’s a really good team over there. As objectively as I can put it, that’s probably the best coached team in the NHL. They get those chances because their fundamentals are so solid and they’re just really responsible. They wear you down and they look great.”
Is he new to the game? Gsus...

And yes they do re: the cement heads. I'm just waiting till this wank here gets a job amongst the local 'analysts' ...
chris-neil.jpg

Happy New Year to all of ya here, and have a safe, enjoyable night.

And my best to you folks as well.......any plans for tonight ?? My wife and I are leaving shortly for an early dinner, and then.....as is my normal convention......my dead ass will probably fall asleep in the chair halfway through the Alamo Bowl (or perhaps the Lightning at Sabres). :zzz:

Is he new to the game? Gsus...

And yes they do re: the cement heads. I'm just waiting till this wank here gets a job amongst the local 'analysts' ...
chris-neil.jpg
In saying this, I'm not sure I agree with the seemingly overwhelming consensus on some Burgh both fan and media sites that the Sens played dirty last night? Tkchuck knew the buttons to push and fortunately Geno stayed healthy after it. At least nowhere near the wrecking crews we've seen out of Blojax/Craps in the past...they simply played a heavy in your face game to my eyes, which thankfully failed.

And my best to you folks as well.......any plans for tonight ?? My wife and I are leaving shortly for an early dinner, and then.....as is my normal convention......my dead ass will probably fall asleep in the chair halfway through the Alamo Bowl (or perhaps the Lightning at Sabres). :zzz:
Prime Rib roast just went in...same, lying low and hoping I make it till midnight...hoping for a good game in Alamo...potential is there....between flipping for the wife's penchant for music acts on NY eve that is...

Prime Rib roast just went in...same, lying low and hoping I make it till midnight...hoping for a good game in Alamo...potential is there....between flipping for the wife's penchant for music acts on NY eve that is...

when WVU has a bad year, I can’t watch post season football. I just don’t enjoy it

You guys going to watch the Classic ??

I really have no interest in the matchup.....and think Dallas is as silly an outdoor venue as Los Angeles was for the Stadium Series a couple years ago......but as long as it doesn't have the Black Hawks or Broons, I may turn it on for a bit.

I guess I do like the fact the League picked first-time participants for once.......though it'll be interesting to see how much ratings suffer for that reason.

You guys going to watch the Classic ??

I really have no interest in the matchup.....and think Dallas is as silly an outdoor venue as Los Angeles was for the Stadium Series a couple years ago......but as long as it doesn't have the Black Hawks or Broons, I may turn it on for a bit.

I guess I do like the fact the League picked first-time participants for once.......though it'll be interesting to see how much ratings suffer for that reason.
I'll likely flip back and forth between it and some football. It's the camera angles that bug me a bit about the whole thing. I haven't seen one yet that I can sit through the length of in it's entirety.
At least a few new teams as you say...and they're likely pretty lucky the weather is cloudy and high 50's, a few days from now it's supposed to be warmer and sun. I doubt that'd be good for the quality of the game....

Guess the US got the worst possible draw......
From what I heard they dominated majority of the game, but the Fin goaltending was pretty good along with their D system, which imo the goaltending usually yes, but from what I remember of the last few years it was the skill on O...

Looks like we're up next, I like our O with Lafrienere (surprisingly) back, it's the Canuck goaltending that concerns me...I guess we'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT