ADVERTISEMENT

Pens - - DEC 2018

ZAR on a tip off a Letang shot while I'm taking out the garbage......3-0 Pens.

Another excellent game in goal by Murray......it really IS hard to believe how different this team is when we see the Matt Murray of "old". Let's obviously hope, along with his rediscovered self-confidence, he also finds a way to shake his (regrettably) honestly-deserved China Doll reputation.

Rusty and Maatta are reportedly day-to-day with LBIs......I assume that's Oleksiak's chance to get back in the lineup tomorrow at Minnesota. And, if Rusty is out.....JS Dea (or am I forgetting someone else) ???

Just wondering, how interested are you in tomorrow's Winter Classic ???

Beyond the relentlessly-decining novelty of outdoor games in general, I'm not sure why anyone outside Boston and Chicago.....or, for that matter, Pittsburgh and Philly for the upcoming Stadium Series game.....should watch this game for pretty much any reason.

Reactions: torontoeers
Just wondering, how interested are you in tomorrow's Winter Classic ???

Beyond the relentlessly-decining novelty of outdoor games in general, I'm not sure why anyone outside Boston and Chicago.....or, for that matter, Pittsburgh and Philly for the upcoming Stadium Series game.....should watch this game for pretty much any reason.
Honestly...NOT AT ALL. I curse that day years ago in Edmonton for starting this now non stop nonsense...the camera angles are crap, the weather has too much influence at times and the hype surrounding them is silly...
I play on the pond for fun...pro's playing in a baseball or football stadium doesn't replicate that in any way shape or form...I guess I've been clear lol.

Reactions: COOL MAN
I am pining for a hockey game, and a New Year with all this Holgs chatter...board likely gonna go into full meltdown mode one way or another in the next few days...I'm curious as to the outcome but once every 20 mins some unknowing jackass has a new 'insight' of what's going on or grandiose idea...I should stick to this board till it dies down I guess...

Rusty and Maatta are reportedly day-to-day with LBIs......I assume that's Oleksiak's chance to get back in the lineup tomorrow at Minnesota. And, if Rusty is out.....JS Dea (or am I forgetting someone else) ???
Does this actually mean we have just a wee bit of D depth all of a sudden? I'd say it seems that way...hopeful Schultzie gets back by Feb/Mar as previously predicted...give Sully a real 'problem' of deciding who to play night to night...

Regarding tonight's game, I'm reading from Pens burgh that Rusty is definitely out.....Maatta remains a game time decision.....and it's DeSmith in the cage.

I am pining for a hockey game, and a New Year with all this Holgs chatter...board likely gonna go into full meltdown mode one way or another in the next few days...I'm curious as to the outcome but once every 20 mins some unknowing jackass has a new 'insight' of what's going on or grandiose idea...I should stick to this board till it dies down I guess...

JMO, dial up the main boards......preferably TBL, which in itself has declined SO dramatically is the last 10 years that it's only marginally better than the wasteland MMB......for basic info you need on the change/search, then otherwise avoid it at all costs.

You been over to the BL tonight I assume? Wife givin me the hairy eyeball...I've tried to explain this type craziness only comes once a decade...she doesn't understand...good times!

oh yeah, I have been following it. this is just normal for my old lady, i guess.

Well....people are losin their freakin minds over a Ruskie falling on the puck like a puss with 12 seconds left on Canuck pp...BUT...angry at the kitty bar the door hockey I saw for majority of 3rd...we had the speed and did not utilize it. Hunter oughta tear a strip off em. Ya they are 18 or whatever but who cares. Go get those pesky Finns you Yanks....geez I am more heated than I should be...
Happy New Year! :confused:

HYN you knuckleheads; for myself, hoping for a better 2019 (team-wise) than last year.

Regarding the Guins.......if you didn't see it, take a moment to find a replay of the Kessel assist pass on Sid's goal last night. Not only did the pass travel perfectly through crease traffic, it landed on like Sid's tape like he teed it up himself. IMO, an absolutely BRILLIANT pass.

Meanwhile, I wonder who at the top of the Metro is most bummed this morning. In their last 10 games, the Craps and Pens are 8-2-0, and the Blojax and Isles 7-2-1. In other words, all four teams are red hot.....and none can make up a lick of ground on (or put any distance between) anyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT