ADVERTISEMENT

Pens/Craps

Euell

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
Series will start on Thursday at 8:00. 36 hours and counting! Let's Go Pens!

No weekend games in Pittsburgh. That should alleviate any worries about a "Toronto 'Eers Jinx" hitting the CEC for this series! LOL!

Reactions: torontoeers
No weekend games in Pittsburgh. That should alleviate any worries about a "Toronto 'Eers Jinx" hitting the CEC for this series! LOL!
LMAO! I was Sooooo hoping for a weekend game! We are all the better off I suppose Euell...although...Pray I don't beg my boss for Monday/Tuesday off! Oh boy...lol....That is wishful thinking however...no worries....

Let's go h'EER'....our Pens have a series to win! I am just amped to tune in tomorrow...let's get at least one of these 2 in their barn!!!!

Oh also...I make a request Euell that you change the header to Pens/CRAPS lol...It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when I read their soon deserved handle! Lol...

In looking at this matchup on the surface...imo the Pens just need to keep doing what they're doing essentially....with one pretty major caveat....

Continue to enforce the strong right side D philosophy we've been seeing of late but...that RW better have his head on a swivel to interrupt the cross ice pass to #8. Either drape all over him in the slot or force him up real high...even low if they have to. I would think this will be Horny's assignment or even Rust from time to time and imo they both look capable of doing so. It is unreal the percentage of Ovi's goals from that Left slot position! I'd also anticipate on Craps power plays ,seeing the Pens box grow just a bit bigger In hopes of keeping Ovi penned out toward the blueline. Let's face it he's gonna have opportunity regardless...just need to minimize it.

I'm also fairly confident in Matt Murray's ability to stop their onslaught. He (from what I read/ hear) is a true student of the game and analyses his opponents strengths/tendencies like that of a more experienced netminder...his cross ice movement also has looked pretty good for a big fella, and he is difficult to rattle. ...
If the Pens get Holtby moving side to side on the other end we may see some floodgates open....just not TOO MUCH passing gents...if the opportunity is there then FIRE AWAY on him...

Use your speed/smarts to get on em and to loose pucks boys!!!

Pens in 6.

10 hours and counting lol...

Reactions: Euell
2nd period belongs to Pens! Let's go!
I thought they played a pretty respectable first minus the one BIG gaffe...but I gotta tell ya Euell...It only took 1 period of Wilson for me to want his head on a pike...he is mouthing, hacking and whacking Sid like nobody's business and trying to tear his legs out from under him in front of the net? Yeah...I'm fired up lol...but this kid needs to be delivered a message! A few missed opportunities and Kunitz hits the iron early...keep peppering Holtby...as you say the 2nd is our boys time...Let's go!

This third period I believe could be a huge step toward winning the Cup! Let's do this!

MM has been very good in the playoffs so far, but that was definitely a soft goal.

That backhander surprised Murray but imo it was one he could have had...and Wilson with a knee to knee on Sheary...should have been a penalty hands down! Dangerous play...what a dirtbag.

That backhander surprised Murray but imo it was one he could have had...and Wilson with a knee to knee on Sheary...should have been a penalty hands down! Dangerous play...what a dirtbag.
Should have definitely been a penalty. That guy is a top-notch Jackwagon!

Seriously Sidney Crosby reverted to November form. 1 shot on goal and minus 3. Worst of all, after the first period he was pretty much stunk

I was listening to NHL radio this morning. Phil Bourque was a guest. Talked about Sid not being able to get going last night. I thought his shank on the great feed from Sheary on period 2 was just a mess. from that point, he did little. Bourque thinks Sid bounces back........ I hope. he Said Malkin and Murray played well except for the stupid drop pass that Malkin made that led to the first Craps goal. There was talk about Orpik possibly intimidating Kessel. Bourque said he could see that happening a little. That comment surprised me.

I was listening to NHL radio this morning. Phil Bourque was a guest. Talked about Sid not being able to get going last night. I thought his shank on the great feed from Sheary on period 2 was just a mess. from that point, he did little. Bourque thinks Sid bounces back........ I hope. he Said Malkin and Murray played well except for the stupid drop pass that Malkin made that led to the first Craps goal. There was talk about Orpik possibly intimidating Kessel. Bourque said he could see that happening a little. That comment surprised me.
I thought Sid looked pretty good in the first but then tailed off pretty much for the rest of the game...I hope he bounces back. I can't really see any way he doesn't knowing how much is on the line and whether he wants to admit it or not the subtext of the series is Sid vs Ovi...fairly or unfairly....
I do like the fact he didn't engage in the bullshit the Craps were pulling for the most part...he likes to head to where the play is and mix it up when he's successful however so I expect the hacking and whacking to continue...

All the big guns need to really get going imo...exception perhaps Malkin with a beauty goal last night...when the Pens get 2 from Bonino that is quite the luxury bonus lol! When he squeaked through the D on that first one I was like 'what??? He made it through? Yes!'

And DON'T get goaded into an inordinate amount of penalties. ...that would be a killer....

Let's Go tomorrow Pens!!!!

I think for Pens to win this series it is imperative that Sid bring his "A" game.

I thought Sid looked pretty good in the first but then tailed off pretty much for the rest of the game...I hope he bounces back. I can't really see any way he doesn't knowing how much is on the line and whether he wants to admit it or not the subtext of the series is Sid vs Ovi...fairly or unfairly....
I do like the fact he didn't engage in the bullshit the Craps were pulling for the most part...he likes to head to where the play is and mix it up when he's successful however so I expect the hacking and whacking to continue...

All the big guns need to really get going imo...exception perhaps Malkin with a beauty goal last night...when the Pens get 2 from Bonino that is quite the luxury bonus lol! When he squeaked through the D on that first one I was like 'what??? He made it through? Yes!'

And DON'T get goaded into an inordinate amount of penalties. ...that would be a killer....

Let's Go tomorrow Pens!!!!

Sid took that two hander to the mid-section from Mr. Wilson and momentarily looked stunned. He seemed to be in daze after that. How the on-ice officials missed that slash and the knee to Sheary are utterly mystifying considering Wilson's notoriety. The lack of concern for player safety in this league in crazy in this age. I'd like to see one of the Pens destroy him with a nice elbow later in this series.

Sid took that two hander to the mid-section from Mr. Wilson and momentarily looked stunned. He seemed to be in daze after that. How the on-ice officials missed that slash and the knee to Sheary are utterly mystifying considering Wilson's notoriety. The lack of concern for player safety in this league in crazy in this age. I'd like to see one of the Pens destroy him with a nice elbow later in this series.
Agreed. ...I've got a special brand of hate on for Wilson....I'd never want to see any player permanently injured BUT live by the sword and die by it....
Also agreed re: player safety...they seemed to have eliminated quite a bit of the fighting from the game , which I have no issue with (although I don't mind watching 2 legit nhl players throw haymakers at each other as a result of a heated on ice battle in play), and now we have more disrespect among players than ever before imo...these league talking heads care more about replaying and analysing offside calls??? Gimmie a break...it's assinine.

What makes a perfect Saturday? A Pens victory to tie things up and the Maple Laughs sinking to #4 in the lottery...where they actually have a 47.5% chance of landing. :sunglasses:....oh the humanity! ....I should put some champagne on ice in preparation....

What makes a perfect Saturday? A Pens victory to tie things up and the Maple Laughs sinking to #4 in the lottery...where they actually have a 47.5% chance of landing. :sunglasses:....oh the humanity! ....I should put some champagne on ice in preparation....
I thought Labatts was the Champagne of Canada? Lol!

I thought Labatts was the Champagne of Canada? Lol!
Oh indeed It is Ron!....although this one here is my particular weakness....sweet nectar! An amber lager like Yeungling (which I happen to be enjoying right now...although I will soon need to head down to PA to get some more soon!), perhaps a bit more bite to the Creemore. ...If you are tailgating come Sept I will bring you a few...
creemore-lager_0813-400.jpg

Let's get this done and even things up!

Oh indeed It is Ron!....although this one here is my particular weakness....sweet nectar! An amber lager like Yeungling (which I happen to be enjoying right now...although I will soon need to head down to PA to get some more soon!), perhaps a bit more bite to the Creemore. ...If you are tailgating come Sept I will bring you a few...
creemore-lager_0813-400.jpg

Let's get this done and even things up!
In the immediate aftermath of Thursday's game I said tonight's game was crucial. While it is hugely important, crucial might be a little strong. However, if they were to lose tonight, I would then say it is CRUCIAL to go back to CEC (Toronto-stay the hell away from there!) and take two. The boys DO NOT want to go down 3-1. C'mon, Let's Do This!

In the immediate aftermath of Thursday's game I said tonight's game was crucial. While it is hugely important, crucial might be a little strong. However, if they were to lose tonight, I would then say it is CRUCIAL to go back to CEC (Toronto-stay the hell away from there!) and take two. The boys DO NOT want to go down 3-1. C'mon, Let's Do This!
Agreed...the way I look at it is steal home ice and it's a big bonus....they need to win 3 and the Pens 4...I think our rink is louder than their's and even moreso if they come back tied...the Pens can win 4 I have no doubt...I said in 6 and if they pull it out tonight it looks probable rather than possible....yes I am an optimist lol...and on pins and needles...the wife just loves it when I pace back and forth during important Penguin/Mountaineers games! Lol...

ADVERTISEMENT