ADVERTISEMENT

PENS 2021 Season!!

is carter going to rock 77? been a long time since that number has been in play for the pens
No clue, but my initial gut feeling is NO (in deference to Coffey)......

Meanwhile......and though this obviously doesn't matter......it's hard for me not to at least wonder what Rutherford would have done yesterday.

Meanwhile......and though this obviously doesn't matter......it's hard for me not to at least wonder what Rutherford would have done yesterday.

probably the same thing or same sort of thing.

as I was sitting here this morning, the thought of chasing a 4th cup while they still have the chance is very appealing. this organization has been more than blessed with talent but to deny an opportunity to a core group of guys who have proven before they can win the cup when no one thought they could, would be looked back upon as outright criminal. Sure there isn't going to be pretty days ahead but the fvck does that matter now. I thought this city was about championships... well all the posturing to contrary the past few days proves things have changed, perhaps its the young fanbase that hasn't faced down adversity before with the pens. IDK.

things will never be as bleak for this organization again like they were in 99 and spring of 07... pens fans acting like trading some draft picks will land the organization in kansas city.

I didn't want to say anything about this yet, but this whole spring kind of reminds me of spring of 16... hopefully I don't pay for typing that.

also imo carter has more than earned the right to wear 77 for the pens.

probably the same thing or same sort of thing.

as I was sitting here this morning, the thought of chasing a 4th cup while they still have the chance is very appealing. this organization has been more than blessed with talent but to deny an opportunity to a core group of guys who have proven before they can win the cup when no one thought they could, would be looked back upon as outright criminal. Sure there isn't going to be pretty days ahead but the fvck does that matter now. I thought this city was about championships... well all the posturing to contrary the past few days proves things have changed, perhaps its the young fanbase that hasn't faced down adversity before with the pens. IDK.

things will never be as bleak for this organization again like they were in 99 and spring of 07... pens fans acting like trading some draft picks will land the organization in kansas city.

I didn't want to say anything about this yet, but this whole spring kind of reminds me of spring of 16... hopefully I don't pay for typing that.
Just my opinion, but I'm part of the faction of Pens fans who'd probably be more enthusiastic about chasing the Cup if the team had shown any recent playoff indications it was still a realistic goal. The butt kicking by the Islanders was bad enough....... but that abortion versus the Habs is what presumably killed off whatever enthusiasm remained (like mine).

I have no intention of giving up on the Pens like toronto did; but even though the franchise probaby does owe Sid and Geno the honest effort......and this season's Draft admittedly was nuked before Hexy and Burkie came to town.....but I'd be a liar if I tried to convince anyone I thought the team was likely to get out of the 1st round of this year's Eastern playoffs.

And I'd give anything to admit in 6 weeks that I am/was FOS.....

Just my opinion, but I'm part of the faction of Pens fans who'd probably be more enthusiastic about chasing the Cup if the team had shown any recent playoff indications it was still a realistic goal. The butt kicking by the Islanders was bad enough....... but that abortion versus the Habs is what presumably killed off whatever enthusiasm remained (like mine).

I have no intention of giving up on the Pens like toronto did; but even though the franchise probaby does owe Sid and Geno the honest effort......and this season's Draft admittedly was nuked before Hexy and Burkie came to town.....but I'd be a liar if I tried to convince anyone I thought the team was likely to get out of the 1st round of this year's Eastern playoffs.

And I'd give anything to admit in 6 weeks that I am/was FOS.....
I learned my lesson about giving up on these guys in 16. they have looked more than good enough to make it out of the division, imo

also imo carter has more than earned the right to wear 77 for the pens.
According to Rossi, Carter has absolutely requested to wear 77.....and Paul Coffey has come out publically with a HELL YEAH (evidently, he doesn't really consider 77 to be "his" number.). Additionally, Carter currently has every intention to play out his contract ne t season.

Reactions: Irwineer2
According to Rossi, Carter has absolutely requested to wear 77.....and Paul Coffey has come out publically with a HELL YEAH (evidently, he doesn't really consider 77 to be "his" number.). Additionally, Carter currently has every intention to play out his contract ne t season.
Yes! i see they are going to try him in the middle first.

I read that Geno is skating. I can’t say I am excited about the news. While I’d take a focused Gino any day, I don’t think he has a run left in him. I’d rather have Tanev back.

Reactions: COOL MAN
dd2a608a33265d8e.png

pens with a big win.

I'm going to go ahead and say it. if malkin can come back and not kill them with penalties and turnovers... the pens could really have something here.

Reactions: COOL MAN
FYI just read that Matt Murray has had TWO shutouts this week......the following from the Sun:

Making his fourth straight start after missing 14 games with an undisclosed upper body injury, Murray continued to impress and get the job done for the Senators. He moved his record to 3-1-0 since returning to the net last Thursday in Ottawa and 1.26 goals-against average with a .967 save-percentage in that stretch.

that was the most disciplined hockey game I ever seen in a penguins uniform.

simply beautiful.

Reactions: WVRON
Anyone happen to catch NHLN on Saturday night when Bruce Boudreau said Phil Bourque was the best analyst on radio ?? Said on the On the Fly show that he was listening to the Pens-Devils radio (well, probably on XM) broadcast on Saturday......and after seeing replays on the Pens' goals later, couldn't believe how accurate ol-29'er's descriptions were.

I admit I haven't watched On The Fly all that much this season; from what I can tell, they've got a number of new folks on that Show (including BB). But on those occasions where I've heard Boudreau specifically, I've found his commentary surprisingly favorable toward the Pens. Kinda nice to hear that when you consider he's about as salt-of-the-earth as there is.

And it's those types who (IMO) tend to be against the Penguins......and, in many cases, Sid himself. BB OTOH, seems to be as big a Sid fan as anyone on that network; fairly surprising to me since they've cost him personally about as much any team in the League.

Reactions: WVRON
Anyone happen to catch NHLN on Saturday night when Bruce Boudreau said Phil Bourque was the best analyst on radio ?? Said on the On the Fly show that he was listening to the Pens-Devils radio (well, probably on XM) broadcast on Saturday......and after seeing replays on the Pens' goals later, couldn't believe how accurate ol-29'er's descriptions were.

I admit I haven't watched On The Fly all that much this season; from what I can tell, they've got a number of new folks on that Show (including BB). But on those occasions where I've heard Boudreau specifically, I've found his commentary surprisingly favorable toward the Pens. Kinda nice to hear that when you consider he's about as salt-of-the-earth as there is.

And it's those types who (IMO) tend to be against the Penguins......and, in many cases, Sid himself. BB OTOH, seems to be as big a Sid fan as anyone on that network; fairly surprising to me since they've cost him personally about as much any team in the League.

"the ol 29er" makes me want to kill myself. not listening to him, just hearing people refer to him as that. take a lap.

It's games like last night that just ruin any enthusiasm for me that this team can actually make a Cup run......meanwhile, it reconfirms the notion (for me, at least) they just have to find a way to avoid the Broons in the 1st round, and hope/pray the Craps or Isles can eject them before a 2nd round matchup.

It's games like last night that just ruin any enthusiasm for me that this team can actually make a Cup run......meanwhile, it reconfirms the notion (for me, at least) they just have to find a way to avoid the Broons in the 1st round, and hope/pray the Craps or Isles can eject them before a 2nd round matchup.
idk man, they still shut them out for 2 periods.

Fair enough.......but last time I checked, it's still a 3-period game.

Fair enough.......but last time I checked, it's still a 3-period game.
it got away in the 3rd. I'm not ready to call for doom and gloom because of that.

however if geno fails to fall into line with the new team concept, I will call for it then.

Trying to decide how much last night's abortion nuked this past weekend's success in Washington.....and I don't just mean in the pure standings. Guess we'll find out tonight.....which, for once, I'm glad they're playing consecutive nights. I didn't see the game, but I'm wondering what impact (if any) Geno had......good or bad.

BTW, if you didn't know, the Craps and Broons make up their game in hand on the Pens against one another a week from tonight (TUE 5/11)....3 days after the Pens close out their season.

Last edited:
DK reporting that DeSmith was removed from last night's game due to an LBI that remains under evaluation......no word yet as to who'll back up Jarry while he's out.

Trying to decide how much last night's abortion nuked this past weekend's success in Washington.....and I don't just mean in the pure standings. Guess we'll find out tonight.....which, for once, I'm glad they're playing consecutive nights. I didn't see the game, but I'm wondering what impact (if any) Geno had......good or bad.

BTW, if you didn't know, the Craps and Broons make up their game in hand on the Pens against one another a week from tonight (TUE 5/11)....3 days after the Pens close out their season.
they came out flat as hell. no worries here.

I'm glad wilson didn't get suspended for defending his goalie/himself. loved every second of that last night. I bet panarin doesn't jump on anyone's back again. lol

Rangers statement about tom Wilson reads like an angry email from mommy to the principal.

Speaking of the Craps, lotta rumors this morning as to how they're ready to cut their losses on Kuznetsov.

Was one of the Russians in the middle of their COVID-protocol f***-up earlier this season, and he's supposedly missing team meetings (along with his young pal, Samsonov). Was suspended Monday night, and its not known if he'll dress tonight. This may be a situation worth paying attention to because......from what I can tell from a distance......his best buddy on the team supposedly (and maybe not surprisingly) is Ovechkin.

Meanwhile, sounds like Craps fans are already praying Seattle takes him off their hands in the Expansion Draft, because.....as is usually the case with problem children.......I doubt they can make a good trade for him (especially with a modified NTC in hand). Then again, I'm not sure if a modified NTC prohibits them from sticking him into their Draft pool.

the rangers fire their president and gm. apparently they didn't like the letter either.

the rangers fire their president and gm. apparently they didn't like the letter either.

All the media know-it-alls were saying yesterday the fight had nothing to do with the decision, but I myself don't believe that for a second. My initial thoughts were that Bettman was furious about the letter, and that he threatened (to Dolan) that he'd campaign to keep the Rangers off ESPN and Turner if he didn't do something about those loose cannons in the front office.

All the media know-it-alls were saying yesterday the fight had nothing to do with the decision, but I myself don't believe that for a second. My initial thoughts were that Bettman was furious about the letter, and that he threatened (to Dolan) that he'd campaign to keep the Rangers off ESPN and Turner if he didn't do something about those loose cannons in the front office.
heard they didn't even know about the tweet til it was out and they tried to distance themselves from it.

Must win games here with Buffalo as I want no part of Boston. I am liking the 3rd line tonight on paper. Carter with Freddie G could generate some opportunities.

ADVERTISEMENT