ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- 2020 Off-season

Meant to address this in a roundabout way yesterday .... I'm not sure I have seen a team amassing so much young talent in quite a few years. A few Sens pals are rather excited for their future rhyming off names to me within their farm system, not to mention the recent draft picks and trades. I decided to do some digging in their prospects and this teams D COULD end up being an absolute monster to play against in the future. BIG , fast and ugly when you include a few young guys on roster ( obviously Chabot for one). They have quite the mix of big and mid sized, skill up front in pipeline. Add in a few of their acquisitions recent, I see why they are a pretty jacked up fanbase. Of course all this could turn out to be nothing...but on paper? Yikes.
Looking back at how they stockpiled all this future, it seems they raped teams of picks combined with their own. Good decision in retrospect, to dump Karl, and lucky for them him and SJ melting down into oblivion...amongst several other player dumps ....
Other than Vegas recently with expansion, any other comparables out there in cap era you can think of? I'm racking my brain here a bit...Carolina?

Hey t, is Gene getting any closer to his new arena ?? I know he was having a terrible time getting the politicians behind any of those proposals that were bouncing around; but since the team appears to have a documented plan to get back to respectability, I was wondering if things were turning around at all politically.

Meanwhile, speaking of the Sens......I think you've been to the CTC in Kanata. Is there anything fundamentally wrong with the place (aside that they built it too big)......and even though it's going on 20 years old (making it relatively old in a world of newer palaces) is its issue SOLELY about location ?? May I also assume that planned development in Kanata that was expected to be driven by the arena simply never happened ??

Reactions: torontoeers
Hey t, is Gene getting any closer to his new arena ?? I know he was having a terrible time getting the politicians behind any of those proposals that were bouncing around; but since the team appears to have a documented plan to get back to respectability, I was wondering if things were turning around at all politically.

Meanwhile, speaking of the Sens......I think you've been to the CTC in Kanata. Is there anything fundamentally wrong with the place (aside that they built it too big)......and even though it's going on 20 years old (making it relatively old in a world of newer palaces) is its issue SOLELY about location ?? May I also assume that planned development in Kanata that was expected to be driven by the arena simply never happened ??
Nope, things still in limbo in terms of a downtown arena. So they will be at CTC for the foreseeable future.
As far as CTC goes, it really isnt a bad facility on the whole. Yes we were there for Conference finals in 2017. Pens won that night which was awesome... lots of Pens fans in attendance (30-35% I would guess?), mostly from Quebec based on the language I was hearing .
The concourses are of a decent size, getting in and out not a hassle, but one thing I did notice was the glass being in rather rough shape...odd.
Location is obviously not ideal, however the town of Kanata has grown a fair amount over the last 25 years as a result. It does stand like a monolith though beside the highway, essentially in middle of nowhere. Our hotel was 2nd closest to the venue and about a good 15 minute walk away, you wouldn't want to experience that walk in an Ottawa winter.... they might get a slight spike in attendance next few years, with an up and coming team and the return of fans to live sporting events eventually generating excitement but sooner than later they are gonna need to move imo....

Reactions: COOL MAN
I have been fielding texts all damn day long now..... a sample 'Not sure wtf pens are doing. ???' ....'Stupid signing. Not even depth ' ....' He couldn't play for leaves. And their D was shit' ....'What the hell is your GM doing lol'....ya. F this nonsense. I am done, fire the man. I despise Leaves and to a lesser extent Sens fans although they are my friends many....FIRE GMJR!

Seems that Pens media initially figures the Leaves were looking for a lot more from Ceci......whereas the Pens are looking simply for a penalty killer and a basic 3rd pairing guy. I dint know if that's legitimate, but he's certainly not going to play in the Pens' top 4.

Seems that Pens media initially figures the Leaves were looking for a lot more from Ceci......whereas the Pens are looking simply for a penalty killer and a basic 3rd pairing guy. I dint know if that's legitimate, but he's certainly not going to play in the Pens' top 4.
So were the Sens looking for more....don't get me wrong, MAYBE he can assume that 3rd pair role, however he just seems to have an ability to puck watch constantly. We certainly do not want him shooting the puck either. He is exceptionally bad in that department.
Through all of these signings I am still left wondering...I thought he said he was wanting to compete at a high level and compete for a Stanley Cup..... that doesn't even neccesarily mean winning it, it means competing...None of this leaves me the impression he is even halfway serious....I would rather tear it down to the bones and get an early start at rebuild if this is GMJR's answer. I hope he proves me wrong.

Doc Emrick finally hanging it up.......

My guess/assumption is that NBC will go to John Forsland as their full time #1 guy, making the timing of this announcement pretty good (in light of his final divorce from the Jerks, which was announced some weeks ago).

It also helps that Forsland (IMO) happens to be among THE best in the business.

So were the Sens looking for more....don't get me wrong, MAYBE he can assume that 3rd pair role, however he just seems to have an ability to puck watch constantly. We certainly do not want him shooting the puck either. He is exceptionally bad in that department.
Through all of these signings I am still left wondering...I thought he said he was wanting to compete at a high level and compete for a Stanley Cup..... that doesn't even neccesarily mean winning it, it means competing...None of this leaves me the impression he is even halfway serious....I would rather tear it down to the bones and get an early start at rebuild if this is GMJR's answer. I hope he proves me wrong.

I was absolutely shocked to read that Ceci was only 26 years old......seems to me like he's been in the League 10 years.

As you know, I'm on record recently for "blaming" Mario as much (if not more) as GMJR for the team's issues....

That said, I believe that until 66 himself......who is evidently more focused on selling tickets next season (assuming that's permitted) than making even generalized plans for the future......decides it's time to start tearing it down, it seems to me we're going to continue see Rutherford make deals for the Cecis and Jankowskis (and frankly, the Kapanens and Jack Johnsons) of the world.

Last edited:

Per your earlier query....It is plain to see once again that Gene is a total nutball....of course their is often much posturing within this high stakes money/ownership/ govt realm BUT...a new arena in Kanata? Lol....no Gene, you would simply sink 1 or 2 hundred G's into renovating the existing CTC to go another 20 years than pay out a half mil for another dog....this guy is something else I tell ya....
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/loca...wcm/118d85ad-6261-41a2-9f7f-641b74c058b2/amp/

Per your earlier query....It is plain to see once again that Gene is a total nutball....of course their is often much posturing within this high stakes money/ownership/ govt realm BUT...a new arena in Kanata? Lol....no Gene, you would simply sink 1 or 2 hundred G's into renovating the existing CTC to go another 20 years than pay out a half mil for another dog....this guy is something else I tell ya....
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/loca...wcm/118d85ad-6261-41a2-9f7f-641b74c058b2/amp/

Barbados [banana].....,.anyway, l wasn't aware that the new arena idea had actually died pretty much altogether. I also had no idea there was any sentiment at all (from anyone) regarding building again in Kanata.

I have to assume it's because building there (for a multitude of reasons) is probably half the cost of building in LeBreton. And that's presumably critical to Melnyk, since it appears he's finally given up on the idea of financing help from the politicos.

Of course, from a distance, I thought the overwhelming majority of the new arena talk to begin with was less about the actual building itself than it was about getting the team back into downtown.

Barbados [banana].....,.anyway, l wasn't aware that the new arena idea had actually died pretty much altogether. I also had no idea there was any sentiment at all (from anyone) regarding building again in Kanata.

I have to assume it's because building there (for a multitude of reasons) is probably half the cost of building in LeBreton. And that's presumably critical to Melnyk, since it appears he's finally given up on the idea of financing help from the politicos.

Of course, from a distance, I thought the overwhelming majority of the new arena talk to begin with was less about the actual building itself than it was about getting the team back into downtown.
Oh it was definitely much to do with downtown...fans there ,majority of which either have to drive from dtn, or cross town, seeing as there is no appreciable light rail or subway linking the arena to the city....think Phoenix or Sunrise on a smaller scale, then also add in the element of winter. In saying that the building does need some minor work but not a total overhaul from what I know....
And indeed correct it would be much less expensive in Kanata since Gene owns the proposed land especially....
And yep politicos is right...a clown shoes mayor, The National Capital Commission, and wingnut Gene all fighting amongst themselves. It's a total cluster ****....

Oh, and I altogether missed the report in yesterday afternoon's Trib Review that Dominik Simon had agreed to 1/$700K with Calgary.

Kingerski is tryng to figure out how GMJR can fit Haula (at roughly $3 milion/season) in under their cap.; it may be possible in the strictest sense, but it's something I myself can't envision lining up this well. Would entail (among other things) putting ZAR on LTIR.....eventually moving Sceviour to WB/S.....getting rid of Riikola.....and some manner of small salary dump somewhere.

Jason Karmanos is out as Asst GM after 6 years.......not that anyone asked me (and Kingerski has so speculated), but it's easy enough to see how this move would certainly seem to have Jason Botterill written all over it.

Additonally, Trevor Daley was hired as a Hockey Ops Advisor, reporting to Rutherford. Sounds like a role similar to that which Matt Cullen was hired previously.

Jason Karmanos is out as Asst GM after 6 years.......not that anyone asked me (and Kingerski has so speculated), but it's easy enough to see how this move would certainly seem to have Jason Botterill written all over it.

Additonally, Trevor Daley was hired as a Hockey Ops Advisor, reporting to Rutherford. Sounds like a role similar to that which Matt Cullen was hired previously.
I'd rather Daley on the ice for another year or two....with The Pens. IMO certainly better than Ceci....in saying that, nice to have him on the team.
I'd happily take Botterill back, as full time GM and turf the old man, but that won't happen for another year or 2....ho hum.

Dave Molinari reporting this morning on DK that the move on Karmanos.....per someone within the organizaton...... had nothing to do with Botterill. He mentions that Botterill, while still considered a "strong candidate" to rejoin the Team at some point, is not viewed to be an imminent hire. One reason may be because he's still got two years to go on his Sabres contract.

This does make me wonder if the Karmanos move was financially driven, and the team will therefore let Botterill collect at least a season's worth of pay from Buffalo before bringing him back aboard. Or, perhaps he won't come back at all until Rutherford is ready to finally hang it up

Kingerski reporting that Dale Talllon has been cleared (or at least it couldn't be substantiated) of use of rumored racial slurs/derogatory language both back in August and in the past, supposedly clearing the way for him to be hired by the Pens. This rumor is evidently being talked about outside the team, but not within (at least not yet).

• Wow
Kingerski reporting that Dale Talllon has been cleared (or at least it couldn't be substantiated) of use of rumored racial slurs/derogatory language both back in August and in the past, supposedly clearing the way for him to be hired by the Pens. This rumor is evidently being talked about outside the team, but not within (at least not yet).
You have got to be kidding me....this is the next answer? An aged guy who has done nothing other than destroy a franchise in Fla for a decade, who the Hawks demoted from GM before they won the Cup? For F sakes, I am growing tired of this outright bullshit. Why bother to watch this upcoming shitshow? None of us was impressed last year or the year previous,so back to the well? Nah, no thanks....I'm not in. Count me amongst those that will bitch and moan about every damn move /play/ player this year and until this organization finally gets it.....over and over and over again idiotic moves if you want to 'still compete' ....dinosaur central. Tear it the hell apart already if these are the sordid moves you ultimately decided upon MARIO!

Last edited:
You have got to be kidding me....this is the next answer? An aged guy who has done nothing other than destroy a franchise in Fla for a decade, who the Hawks demoted from GM before they won the Cup? For F sakes, I am growing tired of this outright bullshit. Why bother to watch this upcoming shitshow? None of us was impressed last year or the year previous,so back to the well? Nah, no thanks....I'm not in. Count me amongst those that will bitch and moan about every damn move /play/ player this year and until this organization finally gets it.....over and over and over again idiotic moves if you want to 'still compete' ....dinosaur central. Tear it the hell apart already if these are the sordid moves you ultimately decided upon MARIO!

FWIW, I believe I read that Mario considers Tallon a "good friend" (or perhaps vice versa).....so, to get back up onto my personal horse for just a moment; the continuing saga of the declining Pittsburgh Penguins seem to be collecting more of Mario's handprints as time goes by.

Of course......and to repeat......nobody locally is mentioning anything about Tallon (at least not yet). It's therefore at least possible this rumor is simply the work of somebody in League media close to Tallon.

Dom Luszczyszyn did a piece earlier this week in The Athletic with his first look at next season in the NHL. He rated teams as Cup Favorites (1-2) Cup Contenders (3-5) Dark Horses (6-9) Playoff Teams (10-13) and Bubble (14-17). Here's how he rated the Guins:

7. Pittsburgh Penguins

The Leafs were the team my model was second highest on relative to the staff rating — the Penguins were the first. Every offseason I find myself feeling a bit shocked by the discourse surrounding the Penguins and it’s an interesting lesson in how the playoffs can shape perception. There are a number of people who think the end is near for the Penguins after another embarrassing postseason loss, this time in the play-in round to the East’s No. 12 seed. This is an older group and it’s natural to think that the clock is ticking, especially after seeing what happened to the Sharks last year and the way Chicago and Los Angeles have both declined in recent seasons.

The difference is that Pittsburgh has Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, and the Penguins also have depth. Those elite centers still have the ability to carry the Penguins more than the aging stars on the other teams and both still have plenty of gas in the tank. Malkin himself looked MVP-caliber when Crosby was injured last season. The depth around the team’s two top flight centers is also key and it’s how the Penguins survived multiple injuries last season to still play at an above 100-point pace. With better health, Pittsburgh likely gets a bye rather than a play-in series.

The model might be too high on the Penguins; they’re probably not a Cup Contender anymore but Playoff Team feels too low as well. The middle ground feels right.

So, there you go.......BTW, here were his other rankings

1) TB 2) COL 3) VGK 4) BOS 5) TOR 6) STL 7) PIT 8) PHL 9) CAR 10) DAL 11) WAS 12) EDM 13) CGY 14) MTL 15) NYI 16) NSH 17) NYR

Surprised how little respect he had for both Washington and the Islanders (and I figured he'd also like the Flyers higher).....guess my Metro bias is fairly evident.

Dom Luszczyszyn did a piece earlier this week in The Athletic with his first look at next season in the NHL. He rated teams as Cup Favorites (1-2) Cup Contenders (3-5) Dark Horses (6-9) Playoff Teams (10-13) and Bubble (14-17). Here's how he rated the Guins:

7. Pittsburgh Penguins

The Leafs were the team my model was second highest on relative to the staff rating — the Penguins were the first. Every offseason I find myself feeling a bit shocked by the discourse surrounding the Penguins and it’s an interesting lesson in how the playoffs can shape perception. There are a number of people who think the end is near for the Penguins after another embarrassing postseason loss, this time in the play-in round to the East’s No. 12 seed. This is an older group and it’s natural to think that the clock is ticking, especially after seeing what happened to the Sharks last year and the way Chicago and Los Angeles have both declined in recent seasons.

The difference is that Pittsburgh has Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, and the Penguins also have depth. Those elite centers still have the ability to carry the Penguins more than the aging stars on the other teams and both still have plenty of gas in the tank. Malkin himself looked MVP-caliber when Crosby was injured last season. The depth around the team’s two top flight centers is also key and it’s how the Penguins survived multiple injuries last season to still play at an above 100-point pace. With better health, Pittsburgh likely gets a bye rather than a play-in series.

The model might be too high on the Penguins; they’re probably not a Cup Contender anymore but Playoff Team feels too low as well. The middle ground feels right.

So, there you go.......BTW, here were his other rankings

1) TB 2) COL 3) VGK 4) BOS 5) TOR 6) STL 7) PIT 8) PHL 9) CAR 10) DAL 11) WAS 12) EDM 13) CGY 14) MTL 15) NYI 16) NSH 17) NYR

Surprised how little respect he had for both Washington and the Islanders (and I figured he'd also like the Flyers higher).....guess my Metro bias is fairly evident.
Wow....just wow....we are not 8, not a chance on paper. I slot The Pens anywhere between 10 and 18. His top 3 are easy. Does he really still think Boston as a 4? Lol....Leaves are about right, Flames deserve that much respect based on nothing other than a goalie? I would slot Canucks into that spot and say wise choice to sign Holtby, in tandem with Demko. Nashville just missing as opposed to sucking? And oh yes with you on the Cryers and Isles....has he actually looked at the Cryers roster, along with much of their youth to insert ? Does he realize Trotz has made chicken shit into chicken salad? This guy is a total mess imo.... also....with his Sid Malkin love fest, there are two guys named Toews and Kane of similar talent, not quite the level but bloody close imo, and what happened? We know....

Last edited:
I hate to say this and hope I'm wrong but....guys....the Cryers are going to seriously pound us next year, finally....their roster is solid top to bottom and they have much young talent infiltrating it....get ready unfortunately.....

Couple minor updates from Kingerski/PHN and their National Hockey Now network:

--The Dale Tallon story has perked up just a bit, though Kingerski is now theorizing Buffalo may actually have the inside track on him due to their "nearly vacant" front office.

--Tampa reportedly may take Zdeno Chara out for a spin, since he and the Broons supposedly aren't having any luck coming up with a number (or a plan for his use). A key to this occurring (among other things) would be for the Bolts to move Braydon Coburn.

--Nashville and Columbus are thought to be interested in Mike Hoffmann.......but the question evidently is being asked if either team would be willing to take a crack at Phat. He's still got 2 years left on that deal with a $6.8 million cap hit (and it doesn't sound like Arizona is in much of a position to withhold salary as an incentive).

--Speaking of the Yotes....and according to Cap Friendly.....they're currently #1 in the League in projected cap hit at $84.2 million (that's with an upper limit of $81.5 million). Other teams also currently over the limit are VAN, STL, TOR, WAS, VGK, ANA, WPG, and EDM.

--FWIW, Pens currently are 13th in the League for projected cap hit at $80.1 million (though their 20/21 roster appears essentially set). Tampa is currently at $78.6 million, but they still have 5 roster players to sign (including RFA's Cirelli, Cernak, and Sergachev).

Bolts still have a combined $9+ million tied up in Tyler Johnson and Pat Killorn; they've obviously been trying to move Johnson (with 4 years left on his deal), but I myself can't see them hanging onto a pure luxury like KIllorn either with 3 years left on his deal (and at 31 years old).

So, who might be willing to take on either of these deals without salary withheld.....maybe (again) Nashville, Columbus, or perhaps even the Rangers ?? Meanwhile, how would TB have to incentivize them to do this ??

Kingerski reporting that Patric Allvin has been promoted from his Director of Amateur Scouting role to Assistant GM, replacing (I presume) Jason Karmanos. Allvin has been with the team since 2006/07, and wlll reportedly continue his NA and Euro scouting duties. Since GMJR isn't all that interested in the Draft, I'm not sure he need a full time scouting guy anyway.

Someone named Sam Ventura has been elevated to Director of Hockey Operations/Research. Sounds like he may be Allvin's new staff resource on the Cap, the CBA, and budgets in general. But these two moves evidently mean the only brand new Staff guy is/will be Trevor Daley.

Kingerski admits he's got no clue as to what Allvin's promotion means for the rumored connection with Dale Tallon.

Kingerski reporting that Patric Allvin has been promoted from his Director of Amateur Scouting role to Assistant GM, replacing (I presume) Jason Karmanos. Allvin has been with the team since 2006/07, and wlll reportedly continue his NA and Euro scouting duties. Since GMJR isn't all that interested in the Draft, I'm not sure he need a full time scouting guy anyway.

Someone named Sam Ventura has been elevated to Director of Hockey Operations/Research. Sounds like he may be Allvin's new staff resource on the Cap, the CBA, and budgets in general. But these two moves evidently mean the only brand new Staff guy is/will be Trevor Daley.

Kingerski admits he's got no clue as to what Allvin's promotion means for the rumored connection with Dale Tallon.
'Someone named' tells me enough lol....but....whatever. I just cannot fathom what is going on of late, which you knew/ know of....I guess we shall see....

More this morning from Kingerski (and his network):

--After Tyler Seguin's recent surgery, the Stars are thought to be back looking again at Haula. Additionally, it's also thought Jimmy Howard could now be on their radar after Ben Bishop's equally recent surgery.

--On Mike Hoffmann, I'm now reading he's considered by some to have character issues......maybe that's well-known up in t's corner of the universe.......and might therefore be a questionable add to Torts' "team-first mentality" locker-room. I have no clue whatsoever to what extent (if any) this "reputation" stems from that publicized problem his wife had a couple years ago with Erik Karlsson's wife.

More this morning from Kingerski (and his network):

--After Tyler Seguin's recent surgery, the Stars are thought to be back looking again at Haula. Additionally, it's also thought Jimmy Howard could now be on their radar after Ben Bishop's equally recent surgery.

--On Mike Hoffmann, I'm now reading he's considered by some to have character issues......maybe that's well-known up in t's corner of the universe.......and might therefore be a questionable add to Torts' "team-first mentality" locker-room. I have no clue whatsoever to what extent (if any) this "reputation" stems from that publicized problem his wife had a couple years ago with Erik Karlsson's wife.
I'm guessing those issues have A LOT do do with it.... that dispute was downright nasty.
My issue with acquiring him would be his goals seem to come at completely inconsequential times, and he has proven to be borderline useless on a PP....
Still a bit shocked either nobody has bitten on Perry, or perhaps he overvalues his worth?
Had a bit of resurgent playoff, a definitive nasty streak to his game, can still skate and got 1.5 one year from Dallas last year...I would take a swing for 1.5 to 2 mil for a season or 2? Still need some legit sandpaper on this roster!

ESPN's Emily Kaplan is out with her mid-off-season Team rankings, which I think most will agree is roughly as useful as mine :grimace: That said, here's how she ranked the Metro versus the rest of the League (not surprisingly, she has TBL at #1)
  • NYI #6
  • WAS #7
  • PHL #8
  • CAR #10
  • PIT #12
  • CBJ #13
  • NYR #19
  • NJD #26
After reading Dom Luszczyszyn's similar piece in The Athletic a few weeks ago, I do think listing this based in a somewhat greater reality (though I suspect the media at large will favor WAS more this season than last with Laviolette now in town).

I absolutely agree it's an insanely-balanced Division without a serious Cup contender......and pretty much everyone is beatable by everyone else on a given night. However, I also think she has the Pens in a far more reasonable spot in the League than DL, as I don't have any specific reason why I consider them better than 5th in the Division (though i can certainly see them finishing higher if things break well for them).

But currently, I don't consider the playoffs as any kind of sure thing......and have no clue if the team is more likely to surprise on the positive or negative side.

As is always the case when I'm sharing a personal opinion, I know nobody gives a shit......but that said, I'm pretty much meh on this new 4th jersey. I myself couldn't care less if they wear it every night, or never put it on.

Interesting little non-Pens tidbit this morning courtesy Kingerski's network......it reports that Joe Biden campaign had been leasing the San Jose Sharks' team plane.

• Wow
As is always the case when I'm sharing a personal opinion, I know nobody gives a shit......but that said, I'm pretty much meh on this new 4th jersey. I myself couldn't care less if they wear it every night, or never put it on.
Can't stand it now, didnt like it in 90's, or way back....'we' aren't the Rangers....and thank goodness for that. Ditch it imo....apparently not, they'll wanna sell tens of thousands, not sure they will..

Can't stand it now, didnt like it in 90's, or way back....'we' aren't the Rangers....and thank goodness for that. Ditch it imo....apparently not, they'll wanna sell tens of thousands, not sure they will..

Interesting perspective......COVID issues aside (which obviously is easier said than done), I find myself wondering if interest in the Pens locally will begin (or has already begun) to decline. Assuming it was business as usual in 20/21, I can't help but wonder if the season ticket base would have begun to drop.....perhaps significantly.......and if the sellout streak would have come to an end early in the season.

As for the jersey/sweater, I liked the 90's version better than you do/did.......but it's certainly much ado about nothing to me these days.

Interesting perspective......COVID issues aside (which obviously is easier said than done), I find myself wondering if interest in the Pens locally will begin (or has already begun) to decline. Assuming it was business as usual in 20/21, I can't help but wonder if the season ticket base would have begun to drop.....perhaps significantly.......and if the sellout streak would have come to an end early in the season.

As for the jersey/sweater, I liked the 90's version better than you do/did.......but it's certainly much ado about nothing to me these days.
I'm all for some nostalgia....but I just don't wanna look like the Rangers. Utilize 'our' logo to it's full effect...it is one of the most recognizable, strongest statement in the game....

Hey t, been wondering what the perspective is in your area of the world as to whether the League's recent ask of the players to accept an additional 13-16% deferral of their salaries this year may lead to a work stoppage.

Kingerski has been going crazy over this, claiming that.....along with other things the Union agreed to as part of the new Agreement back in June (including increasing escrow payments over the life of the deal)......the players will receive only 40% of their salaries this season.

What's being said in GTA ??

ADVERTISEMENT