ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State vs BG

It’s impossible we actually suck that bad right? We have the key components back from a 9 win team, we have to atleast be a bowl eligible P5 team

It’s impossible we actually suck that bad right? We have the key components back from a 9 win team, we have to atleast be a bowl eligible P5 team
It's totally plausible that Neil Brown is too soft and didn't have his team prepared emotionally or intellectually for the opening game. He doesn't exude a lot of confidence and I believe it transfers down to the team. This team doesn't suck that bad though. We have a lot of talent just bad preparation and coaching. We should gain some much needed confidence against Albany tonight. Hopefully that will start to build onto the season.

It's not remotely concerning. Completely different situation. I'm not suggesting anything about WVU but teams like Penn State overlook small programs all of the time, in fact, Penn State has lost several of those games.
I don't disagree. However, I've been watching this BGSU-PSU game, and my sarcasm in my post before was centered around the way that Bowling Green's offense has been able to move the ball, they look like they have/had a gameplan, and they took POINTS instead of always going for it on 4th down.

I don't disagree. However, I've been watching this BGSU-PSU game, and my sarcasm in my post before was centered around the way that Bowling Green's offense has been able to move the ball, they look like they have/had a gameplan, and they took POINTS instead of always going for it on 4th down.
I get the idea of, "if they can do it then why not us" but they're facing a completely different team. But I'm not going to take anything away from them and certainly not going to to defend WVU's play last weekend.

Reactions: Shortgapbob
I get the idea of, "if they can do it then why not us" but they're facing a completely different team. But I'm not going to take anything away from them and certainly not going to to defend WVU's play last weekend.
In fairness, that’s actually debatable. Aside from benefiting from a very weak schedule last year, the performance last week was essentially the typical results of the last 5 years. The end of the season will ultimately tell the story. At this point, I’m more concerned if WVU can compete against Bowling Green than considering if they can compete against Penn State on any given week of the season.

In fairness, that’s actually debatable. Aside from benefiting from a very weak schedule last year, the performance last week was essentially the typical results of the last 5 years. The end of the season will ultimately tell the story. At this point, I’m more concerned if WVU can compete against Bowling Green than considering if they can compete against Penn State on any given week of the season.
What's debatable?

Seriously? So Bowling Green is a top 30 team? Notice I didn't say top 10 because it's silly to pretend that they're even close to that. As I said earlier, PSU does this with small teams. I just reminded the Blue Lot the other day that Toledo completely waxed them before.
I’m just saying, I don’t know. However, I do know I’m concerned about the program

When you say silly things like that it's clear that you're not even being reasonable. So teams play the same every week and they don't get up for some and show up flat for others? Shew
I don’t disagree with that sentiment, but it’s still the same team and same players. You can say they didn’t show up today and that’s fine, but I just spent a full week hearing about how WVU simply couldn’t compete on the same field with Penn State regardless of coaching. Am I exaggerating in my response? Perhaps, but still.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
When you say silly things like that it's clear that you're not even being reasonable. So teams play the same every week and they don't get up for some and show up flat for others? Shew
No, I think what we are trying to say is, the last 5 years has proven that we haven’t been able to beat any top 25 teams. While it is true, top teams occasionally overlook small and/or bad teams, it’s also true they might’ve overlooked both of us. Or maybe Penn State isn’t as good as we think they are this year. It’s not like Penn State looked dominating and played mistake free either last week. If anything, they appeared uninspired as well and still beat us handily. That concerns me

Last edited:
No, I think what we are trying to say is, the last 5 years has proven that we haven’t been able to beat any top 25 teams. While it is true, top teams occasionally overlook small and/or bad teams, it’s also true they might’ve overlooked both of us. It’s not like Penn State looked dominating and played mistake free either last week. If anything, they appeared uninspired as well and still beat us handily. That concerns me
Just say that then because you're both saying one thing and then suggesting that you're saying something different. No one here is defending Neal or WVU so there's no need to even worry about that.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT