ADVERTISEMENT

Pedo-Joe pledges to get border 'under control' amid new migrant crisis in Del Rio

30CAT

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Williamstown, WV
WTF? It was under control, you jackass! All you had to do is set the cruise control. YOU are the one who caused it to get out of control!

We have an absolute dolt for a president. Of course all of the illegal alien surge we've seen since he became president, his stoppage of constructing the border wall, canceling Trump-era border laws, reinstating catch and release, jetting them to different parts of our country...etc is just a figment of our imagination, according to the Pedo-Joe administration. :rolleyes:

LINK: President Pedo-Joe on Tuesday pledged to get the situation at the border "under control" as his administration faces a fresh border crisis in Del Rio, where more than 10,000 migrants have descended in recent days.

"We will get it under control," Pedo-Joe said in response to a question about the border, after speaking at the United Nations General Assembly.

He was then asked if his administration has it under control or will get it under control.

"We will get it under control," the pedophile repeated.

Pedo-Joe’s administration has been facing a surge in migration that has overwhelmed officials and capacity since taking office. In August there were more than 208,000 migrant encounters, the second month in a row where encounters have been above 200,000.

While the Pedo-Joe administration has been repeating its claim that the border is not open, and noting that a significant number of encounters result in a Title 42 expulsion, it has been facing accusations from Republicans of encouraging mass migration by rolling back Trump-era policies like the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP)

More recently, it has been facing a surge in Haitian migrants in Del Rio, where more than 10,000 are currently gathered as they seek entry into the United States. A combination of reports of canceled deportation flights and the extension of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) to Haitians already in the country, as well as dire conditions and political instability in Haiti, has fueled the crisis. The number at one point at the border was over 14,000, and there are reports of tens of thousands more on the way.

The Pedo-Joe administration has said it is increasing the number of deportation flights to Haiti and surging resources to the area as part of a multi-pronged strategy to get the situation under control.

However, while it is deporting most single adults via Title 42, it is processing most migrant families into the U.S., and will soon be barred from using Title 42 to deport migrant families after it lost a legal challenge to the policy in a federal court.

On Monday, DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas visited the area and issued a stern warning to migrants thinking of making the journey to the U.S.

"If you come to the United States illegally, you will be returned. Your journey will not succeed and you will be endangering your life and your family’s lives," Mayorkas said. "This administration is committed to developing safe, orderly and humane pathways for migration. This is not the way to do it."

He also said that the belief that the border is open is "false."

Mayorkas insists border is closed as migrants stream across.... :rolleyes: Out-of-touch leftists are now scrambling because they're realizing most Americans don't want their open-border policies. I say "most Americans" because there are still plenty of sheep among us, who aren't free thinkers and don't mind being controlled.

LINK: DHS Secretary Mayorkas declines to give 'ballpark' migrant numbers during heated exchange with Sen. Ron Johnson

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas insisted that the U.S. borders are closed during a heated exchange with Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wisc., on Tuesday.

During a Senate Homeland Security Committee hearing, Johnson grilled the DHS secretary on the surge of illegal immigration under the Pedo-Joe administration.

"You have repeatedly stated that our borders are not open, they’re closed. Do you honestly believe that our borders are closed?" Johnson asked.

"Senator, I do, and let me speak to that —" Mayorkas responded before being cut off by the senator.

"No, let me ask you a couple questions here," Johnson interjected.

Johnson cited a Sept. 11 letter sent to Senate leadership by former U.S. Border Patrol Chief Rodney Scott that warned the agency was losing its ability to police the southern border and that he was "sickened by the avoidable and rapid disintegration of what was arguably the most effective border security in our Nation's history."

Speaking to Mayorkas, Johnson said, "We were serious about border security until your administration took office. You stood before this committee and said you would enforce the laws. You have not done that."

The senator then asked the DHS secretary to give "ballpark" estimates for how many migrants of the 1.3 million apprehended since October are still being detained, as well as how many have been deported and how many have been released into the U.S.

"Of the 1.3 million people that we’ve apprehended, how many have been returned, how many people are being detained, and how many people have been dispersed? And I want some numbers here," Johnson asked.

"Senator, I would be pleased to provide you with that data — " Mayorkas replied before being cut off again.

"I want them now," Johnson said. "Why don’t you have that information now?"

"Senator, I do not have that data before me," Mayorkas responded.

"Why not? Why don’t you have that basic information?" the senator asked.

"Senator, I want to be accurate," Mayorkas said.

The men continued to talk over one another, but Mayorkas said he ultimately couldn’t provide the estimates.

The exchange comes a day after the DHS secretary visited the Texas border city of Del Rio, where thousands of Haitian migrants crossed into the U.S. and set up camp under the International Bridge.

"If you come to the United States illegally, you will be returned. Your journey will not succeed and you will be endangering your life and your family’s lives," Mayorkas said Monday. "This Pedo-Joe administration is committed to developing safe, orderly and humane pathways for migration. This is not the way to do it."

ADVERTISEMENT