ADVERTISEMENT

Paterno Movie on HBO

There’s a difference between knowing he was a scumbag and thinking he was weird. Every community has the guy people worry about or talk about. I just can’t make decisions based on what we know now without knowing what was known then. I went to Penn State and heard nothing. My father’s best friend went to Penn State and has lived there his whole life (and still lives there) and is a huge booster and he heard nothing. I worked with a guy who played for Penn State (and most people would know his name) and he heard nothing. So maybe some people heard some things, but this idea that it was known throughout the community and football program is just false. Bottom line is the “cover up” was proven false in court, so at worst it was handled incorrectly, but not covered up to protect the football program. What’s happening at Michigan State is far worse, yet doesn’t get nearly the coverage or the outrage because there isn’t a famous person to tear down.

I’m not saying I personally believe there was a cover up. How on earth does anyone really know anything about the dark hallway conversations in any situation. I have no opinion about that. I just believe the two players that told me directly there was a “don’t ask don’t tell” approach and most players, not all, at that time disassociated from Sandusky. Sandusky was an issue. And some, I never said all or most, were aware. Hence the passive restrictions put in place. Those restriction tells a rational and unbiased person that a problem was being addressed. The reality is I really don’t care to engage in research and I don’t respect any attorneys, the court or state employees pro Joe and PSU or against Joe and PSU. Do I believe Sandusky raped children......yes. Do I believe every single victim that he was convicted of abusing was totally truthful in their experience......probably not.

Pitt always surprises one or two teams a year...their problem is with consistency. They lose too many to teams they should beat. Not sure why, but Narduzzi has to find a way to fix that.

Can’t argue with this post^^^^^^. Sadly you’re right. I get a little frustrated with some WVU games as well because some weeks it gets very sloppy. Not nearly as often as Pitt but the last few years WVU was so close to great seasons. WVU is positioned well to jump into Big12 top 3 so when PSU/WVU renew those will be great games.

I’m not saying I personally believe there was a cover up. How on earth does anyone really know anything about the dark hallway conversations in any situation. I have no opinion about that. I just believe the two players that told me directly there was a “don’t ask don’t tell” approach and most players, not all, at that time disassociated from Sandusky. Sandusky was an issue. And some, I never said all or most, were aware. Hence the passive restrictions put in place. Those restriction tells a rational and unbiased person that a problem was being addressed. The reality is I really don’t care to engage in research and I don’t respect any attorneys, the court or state employees pro Joe and PSU or against Joe and PSU. Do I believe Sandusky raped children......yes. Do I believe every single victim that he was convicted of abusing was totally truthful in their experience......probably not.
I agree with your last couple of sentences...Sandusky was guilty of some of the charges, but some of the victims were collecting a pay check.

Can’t argue with this post^^^^^^. Sadly you’re right. I get a little frustrated with some WVU games as well because some weeks it gets very sloppy. Not nearly as often as Pitt but the last few years WVU was so close to great seasons. WVU is positioned well to jump into Big12 top 3 so when PSU/WVU renew those will be great games.
Agreed...but WVU has to fix that issue first. But I’m sure they will get up for the PSU game (like Pitt does) and play well. But who knows who will be coaching or playing by that time.

Yeah, I would try to change the subject, too, if I were you, Nit. Nothing compares to the travesty that happened at State Penn. Move along now....
Baylor and Michigan St are close. But not for the number of years and total denial from everyone in the whole University. Not just the FB program, but all of PSU and their fans.

You have neither the physical or mental capacity to abuse me skippy. But keep fooling yourself. And the fact that you accuse me of abusing just because I went to Penn State, shows just how small minded you are and that you’ve got nothing else (lord knows you can’t argue sports with you’re sorry ass programs).
Sorry ass programs? Care to talk Basketball? Baseball? Shall I go on?

And BTW it's Lord. Capital L.

Sorry ass programs? Care to talk Basketball? Baseball? Shall I go on?

And BTW it's Lord. Capital L.
I was in a discussion with a Pitt fan when I posted that about sorry ass programs, so yes I will talk about basketball.

uh..didnt they spank you and keep you out of the playoffs just 2 seasons ago?
Won by 3 on a dropped TD pass...hardly a spanking. And Michigan crushed Penn State that year too, but last year Penn State beat them like a red headed step child. Things have changed...Penn State is a top 10 team two years in a row and Pitt is....well, Pitt.

Won by 3 on a dropped TD pass...hardly a spanking. And Michigan crushed Penn State that year too, but last year Penn State beat them like a red headed step child. Things have changed...Penn State is a top 10 team two years in a row and Pitt is....well, Pitt.

so when you said 'pitt can't beat ped state'
what you really meant was, 'they sometimes can beat penn state but in happy valley we cover those games up and turn a blind eye'?

You’re such a homer you can’t even have a conversation geek. Pitt man handled and pushed PSU around Heinz Field then shut it down. Almost cost PItt the game. I think if you checked the game stats you’ll noticed Pitt outrushed PSU 341-74 LOL. I can’t make that up brah. Here’s the shocker....Barkley had 85 yards on 20 carries and 29 of those came on 1 of his 20 carries. Pitt was the better team. Last year the score was closer than it should have been. Obviously PSU was much better than Pitt last year. Again I suggest you go back to BWI where you can blow your homer buddies.

You’re such a homer you can’t even have a conversation geek. Pitt man handled and pushed PSU around Heinz Field then shut it down. Almost cost PItt the game. I think if you checked the game stats you’ll noticed Pitt outrushed PSU 341-74 LOL. I can’t make that up brah. Here’s the shocker....Barkley had 85 yards on 20 carries and 29 of those came on 1 of his 20 carries. Pitt was the better team. Last year the score was closer than it should have been. Obviously PSU was much better than Pitt last year. Again I suggest you go back to BWI where you can blow your homer buddies.
Pitt was the more experienced team at the time they played...by the end of the season, Penn State was a much better team. Last year the score was closer than it should have been and it wasn’t really close. And if Pitt “shut it down” at halftime, then Narduzzi is a worse coach than I thought.

so when you said 'pitt can't beat ped state'
what you really meant was, 'they sometimes can beat penn state but in happy valley we cover those games up and turn a blind eye'?
Boy, you must have thought about that for hours to come up with that burn...maybe hire someone to help you come up with better material.

Pitt was the more experienced team at the time they played...by the end of the season, Penn State was a much better team. Last year the score was closer than it should have been and it wasn’t really close. And if Pitt “shut it down” at halftime, then Narduzzi is a worse coach than I thought.

Shut down was basically after 3rd Quarter. I’m sure you were at Heinz watching Pitts OL and DL torturing Penn State. Penn State progressed offensively really well but their defense was pathetic right through the USC Bowl game. Bottom line is Pitt was very good but lost two or three games that they could have easily won. Had some injuries with no depth. The team that played the second half of their Bowl game against Northwestern wouldn’t have won 4 games. Pitt just didn’t have depth. The Pitt team that showed up and beat National Champ Clemson on their home field had 9-12 NFL players playing at NFL level.

Last year the two teams weren’t at the same talent level. Penn State was obviously considerably better.

file.php

Reactions: GoWVU
And please point out where I denied this happened, but it’s not as cut and dried as the haters want it to be and to paint an entire community with one brush just shows a lack of intelligence. And where’s your outrage over MSU? It’s because it’s not about the children for the Penn State haters, it’s about trashing Penn State, but Penn State fans are supposed to be only concerned with the children. And ignorance is a lack of knowledge....I’ve spent hours and hours following this and read thousands of pages...how about you? To call me ignorant just because you don’t agree with me is the very definition of ignorance.
It is exactly as cut and dry as it has been reported. I have a friend who was recruited by psu in the mid 80s. He spoke about it then to me. I joked about it, thinking it was just a funny "shot" at psu. My friend insisted it was true, said it was a topic of discussion one night with some recruits and joepa spoke to a particular recruit saying it was a joke, a rumor started by other schools. He not only "turned a deaf ear" to the problem that scumbug covered that horrific crime for decades to save his legacy, to save that university-- state college is tainted in perpetude.

Reactions: drumeer and GoWVU
It’s easy to say on the Internet that so and so told you this or that. What exactly did Joe know Mr. Inside Information? And why did he let Sandusky babysit his kids and grandkids? Joe didn’t enable Sandusky....he may have been fooled by him, but he didn’t enable him. And when he was told about it, he followed proper procedure...you know, the procedure that is now in place for all universities to follow.
Joe forced Sandusky to retire. There was an abuse case in '98 brought up. To keep that squashed, paterno and its president forced him to retire. At the time it was well published that sandusky was paturdo's replacement. There's documented interviews about Sandusky wanting head coaching job in VA, other places-- he EVEN wanted to start a football program at Penn State-Altoona to become its head coach. Paterno and company had been covering his crimes for years, but the '98 case threatened to blow the doors off things. Sandusky had the team 9-3 with D giving up 15pts a game. He should've been a "hot" head coach candidate somewhere since he had publicly said he was looking. The team had success defensively ...but paterno/psu struck a deal, which said he would retire with pension and stature in SC, but that he couldn't coach any longer. sandusky was livid! There are quotes from victim 4 supporting this, saying he was told by Sandusky to not talk about it. Your school of choice and the person you support are disgusting. Money and BRAND NAME mean WAY more in state college than the lives of children. And as a parent, as long as I, and hundreds of thousands of others have a breath, will pass that along to every person who argues otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: drumeer and GoWVU
Joe forced Sandusky to retire. There was an abuse case in '98 brought up. To keep that squashed, paterno and its president forced him to retire. At the time it was well published that sandusky was paturdo's replacement. There's documented interviews about Sandusky wanting head coaching job in VA, other places-- he EVEN wanted to start a football program at Penn State-Altoona to become its head coach. Paterno and company had been covering his crimes for years, but the '98 case threatened to blow the doors off things. Sandusky had the team 9-3 with D giving up 15pts a game. He should've been a "hot" head coach candidate somewhere since he had publicly said he was looking. The team had success defensively ...but paterno/psu struck a deal, which said he would retire with pension and stature in SC, but that he couldn't coach any longer. sandusky was livid! There are quotes from victim 4 supporting this, saying he was told by Sandusky to not talk about it. Your school of choice and the person you support are disgusting. Money and BRAND NAME mean WAY more in state college than the lives of children. And as a parent, as long as I, and hundreds of thousands of others have a breath, will pass that along to every person who argues otherwise.
You mean the ‘98 case that was investigated by the police and others and Sandusky was cleared? You mean that ‘98 case? The rest of your post is just a pack of assumptions and guesses.

It is exactly as cut and dry as it has been reported. I have a friend who was recruited by psu in the mid 80s. He spoke about it then to me. I joked about it, thinking it was just a funny "shot" at psu. My friend insisted it was true, said it was a topic of discussion one night with some recruits and joepa spoke to a particular recruit saying it was a joke, a rumor started by other schools. He not only "turned a deaf ear" to the problem that scumbug covered that horrific crime for decades to save his legacy, to save that university-- state college is tainted in perpetude.
Better call the prosecutor and attorney general who stated there was no cover up (in a court of law by the way) and let them know they were wrong because your buddy says so. Please explain how exposing it would have hurt his legacy or the university...and if he wanted to cover it up, why didn’t he tell the people involved not to discuss it? And why did he report it up the chain of command? And why was it reported to the Second Mile where Sandusky worked? Please read something to at least get some clue about what happened.

ADVERTISEMENT