ADVERTISEMENT

Paterno Movie on HBO

3xWVUenginEER

All-Conference
Dec 7, 2005
watching it now.
I know it's a movie, but that school and Paterno, PSU admin, and those brain dead hero worshipping students looks so bad in this one (as they deserve).

Al Pacino is freaking awesome. Best acting chops from him since Scent of a Woman. Hooah!!!!

Elvis's grand daughter is good playing Sarah Ganim too. Ganim won a Pulitzer on that story and later wrote about academic fraud at UNC.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Barry Levinson done a good film. This is the best movie I've seen on HBO in years. It shows the dangers of these false images people have of people in power. There was very little in the film I had not heard before and in the film they rehash it pretty good.

watching it now.
I know it's a movie, but that school and Paterno, PSU admin, and those brain dead hero worshipping students looks so bad in this one (as they deserve).

Al Pacino is freaking awesome. Best acting chops from him since Scent of a Woman. Hooah!!!!

Elvis's grand daughter is good playing Sarah Ganim too. Ganim won a Pulitzer on that story and later wrote about academic fraud at UNC.
You do realize it’s fiction, right?

Reactions: LAMountaineer
Al Pacino is awesome, and Ped State deserved every bit of bad publicity that it received. I have to set the DVR to record this one. And Justice for All is an oldie, but a goodie.

Al Pacino is awesome, and Ped State deserved every bit of bad publicity that it received. I have to set the DVR to record this one. And Justice for All is an oldie, but a goodie.
Because Ohio State is a beacon of integrity....bwahaha!

Yeah, I would try to change the subject, too, if I were you, Nit. Nothing compares to the travesty that happened at State Penn. Move along now....
Bwahaha....stop, you’re killing me. Maybe try reading instead of watching a fictional movie...oh, that’s right, you went to OSU where watching the movie instead of reading the book is encouraged.

I see that this movie has you butt hurt, Peddy...sorry about the pun!
Nope....because I know it’s 90% false....I would like to think people would be smart enough to realize that (especially when the director says it’s fictional), but I’m pretty aware of the intelligence of the average person, so I know people will think it’s a documentary.

Nope....because I know it’s 90% false....I would like to think people would be smart enough to realize that (especially when the director says it’s fictional), but I’m pretty aware of the intelligence of the average person, so I know people will think it’s a documentary.

Boy are you a loser. Begging for acceptance in a weird way. Listen man two things are certain. Jerry Sandusky raped young boys at Penn State and Joe Paterno knew about it yet did nothing until Mike came to him. You come off as a serious scumbag. If you have children I feel sorry for them.

Boy are you a loser. Begging for acceptance in a weird way. Listen man two things are certain. Jerry Sandusky raped young boys at Penn State and Joe Paterno knew about it yet did nothing until Mike came to him. You come off as a serious scumbag. If you have children I feel sorry for them.
My children are way more successful than yours will ever be. And leave it to a Pitt guy to act like they have a clue what happened. I’m certainly not “begging for acceptance”. I know way more about the situation than you do. And oh yeah, Penn State’s entire athletic program has left yours in the dust. Way to take advantage of the situation....shows how low Pitt has fallen. It’s actually pretty sad for Pitt.

My children are way more successful than yours will ever be. And leave it to a Pitt guy to act like they have a clue what happened. I’m certainly not “begging for acceptance”. I know way more about the situation than you do. And oh yeah, Penn State’s entire athletic program has left yours in the dust. Way to take advantage of the situation....shows how low Pitt has fallen. It’s actually pretty sad for Pitt.
Anybody who wonders about how sick the culture is at Ped State just needs to read your posts. Despite countless victims and eye witness testimony, you sick bastards still have the balls to deny this crap happened. Unbelievable how blind and ignorant you are.

Anybody who wonders about how sick the culture is at Ped State just needs to read your posts. Despite countless victims and eye witness testimony, you sick bastards still have the balls to deny this crap happened. Unbelievable how blind and ignorant you are.
And please point out where I denied this happened, but it’s not as cut and dried as the haters want it to be and to paint an entire community with one brush just shows a lack of intelligence. And where’s your outrage over MSU? It’s because it’s not about the children for the Penn State haters, it’s about trashing Penn State, but Penn State fans are supposed to be only concerned with the children. And ignorance is a lack of knowledge....I’ve spent hours and hours following this and read thousands of pages...how about you? To call me ignorant just because you don’t agree with me is the very definition of ignorance.

And please point out where I denied this happened, but it’s not as cut and dried as the haters want it to be and to paint an entire community with one brush just shows a lack of intelligence. And where’s your outrage over MSU? It’s because it’s not about the children for the Penn State haters, it’s about trashing Penn State, but Penn State fans are supposed to be only concerned with the children. And ignorance is a lack of knowledge....I’ve spent hours and hours following this and read thousands of pages...how about you? To call me ignorant just because you don’t agree with me is the very definition of ignorance.
Your right, ignoring facts is not ignorant, it is just plain stupid and in the case of Ped State it was criminal. And yes you have denied that this happen before on here. As for intelligence and lack there of, you posts speak volumes. I do disagree with you and agree with the jury that found him guilty of 45 counts. Also there are the convictions of the three stooges who let this happen in the name of saving face for the University.

Your right, ignoring facts is not ignorant, it is just plain stupid and in the case of Ped State it was criminal. And yes you have denied that this happen before on here. As for intelligence and lack there of, you posts speak volumes. I do disagree with you and agree with the jury that found him guilty of 45 counts. Also there are the convictions of the three stooges who let this happen in the name of saving face for the University.
I don’t give a rat’s ass about Sandusky...hope he rots in hell. I’ve never denied his guilt. The rest is very gray and to villify an entire community for supporting their school through their darkest hour is ridiculous. Fans and alumni of every school would do the same thing and please don’t insult my intelligence saying they wouldn’t (see Michigan State for just one example). And this thread was started about the Paterno movie specifically, which is mostly conjecture and even Barry Levinson said it is a work of fiction. I certainly can’t change anyone’s mind on the scandal but I can refute this ridiculous movie.

I don’t give a rat’s ass about Sandusky...hope he rots in hell. I’ve never denied his guilt. The rest is very gray and to villify an entire community for supporting their school through their darkest hour is ridiculous. Fans and alumni of every school would do the same thing and please don’t insult my intelligence saying they wouldn’t (see Michigan State for just one example). And this thread was started about the Paterno movie specifically, which is mostly conjecture and even Barry Levinson said it is a work of fiction. I certainly can’t change anyone’s mind on the scandal but I can refute this ridiculous movie.
And we don't give a rat ass about you and the other sick fans who defend those that ignored the facts. Joe know and ignored the situation. That is well documented.

Listen doosh you belong over at BWI lickin ballz. Dude you missed the memo about me and success haha. Don’t go there. On the real I respect Penn State a lot! Jay Paterno recruited my kid and sent him a hand written letter inviting him to their QB camp. Pitt never sent my kid a token come walk around the campus letter. From that day on I’ve never had a poor opinion of Penn State. And still don’t. That doesn’t change the fact that a national disgrace happened there and a lot of people made inexcusable mistakes. Although I respect and appreciate Penn State I look down on dooshbags like you that make the entire place seem scummy. That you can’t deal with the fact that Joe Paterno knew what was going with Sandusky explains easily how fvcked up some people are up there. So my point stands. I feel sorry for your kids. They deserve better leadership.

Listen man......I do want to make peace with you!!! I know I’ll piss you off again one day but I’ll remember this post and realize we aren’t as far apart as it seems. I get edgy but I’m working on it.

Listen man......I do want to make peace with you!!! I know I’ll piss you off again one day but I’ll remember this post and realize we aren’t as far apart as it seems. I get edgy but I’m working on it.
You don't piss me off Greg. You entertain me. Not hard to agree on this as these guys are sick.

Questions. Who deserves blame in this situation? Who failed the kids. Do you personally believe Joe Paterno knew?

You don't piss me off Greg. You entertain me. Not hard to agree on this as these guys are sick.

That actually makes me feel better because that’s 90+% of my attention is to add humor and/or edgy satire for entertainment so thanks for your maturity!! This is me though so you know you’re not dealing with a fictional character like so many on these Rival sites do. I’ve never lied or misrepresented anything I’ve posted.

Last edited:
Listen doosh you belong over at BWI lickin ballz. Dude you missed the memo about me and success haha. Don’t go there. On the real I respect Penn State a lot! Jay Paterno recruited my kid and sent him a hand written letter inviting him to their QB camp. Pitt never sent my kid a token come walk around the campus letter. From that day on I’ve never had a poor opinion of Penn State. And still don’t. That doesn’t change the fact that a national disgrace happened there and a lot of people made inexcusable mistakes. Although I respect and appreciate Penn State I look down on dooshbags like you that make the entire place seem scummy. That you can’t deal with the fact that Joe Paterno knew what was going with Sandusky explains easily how fvcked up some people are up there. So my point stands. I feel sorry for your kids. They deserve better leadership.
And I feel sorry for your kids having an asshole for a father.

Questions. Who deserves blame in this situation? Who failed the kids. Do you personally believe Joe Paterno knew?
Sandusky deserves the blame, the Second Mile deserves the blame (why did no one investigate them?), as far as Penn State, unless you were involved at the time, no one knows. I’m just tired of the people who use this as a chance to tear down Joe Paterno and Penn State because they hate them, but they veil it in concern for the children. If it was about the children, these people would want to get everyone involved in this brought to justice and they would be even more outraged about Michigan State....but they’re not, they’re content to throw all the blame on Paterno and revel in it. Yet Penn State fans are the ones who don’t care about the kids...right.

Sandusky deserves the blame, the Second Mile deserves the blame (why did no one investigate them?), as far as Penn State, unless you were involved at the time, no one knows. I’m just tired of the people who use this as a chance to tear down Joe Paterno and Penn State because they hate them, but they veil it in concern for the children. If it was about the children, these people would want to get everyone involved in this brought to justice and they would be even more outraged about Michigan State....but they’re not, they’re content to throw all the blame on Paterno and revel in it. Yet Penn State fans are the ones who don’t care about the kids...right.

For you to get comfortable turning an eye on the obvious(Joe Knew) tells me all I need to know about you. I don’t view this as a Penn State thing at this point. It’s pathetic that people like you are good with separating Joe, and probably most staff members, from enabling Sandusky and the national disgrace that happened at PSU. I had two PSU football players in the late 70s to mid 80s look me in the eye and tell me that it was common knowledge Sandusky had a problem. I’m from Fox Chapel dude. Figure it out. That was 1994-1995 when they told me. Also stated clearly that Paterno personally called UVA and advised them not to hire Sandusky and go with Welsh. Guess why Einstein! So when I hear or see cult dooshbags give their version of events it is pathetic.

Last edited:
And I feel sorry for your kids having an asshole for a father.

I taught him how to be a man sir. Taught him right from wrong sir. Taught to him help those that need help the most. Open doors for others. Yes sir and yes mam. You on the other hand apparently place a good football program above child rape.

Here’s your narrative:

........................ [thumbsup]......................

Oops! Can’t seem to connect the dots guys!

At least ya got: WE ARE PENN STATE [cheers]

For you to get comfortable turning an eye on the obvious(Joe Knew) tells me all I need to know about you. I don’t view this as a Penn State thing at this point. It’s pathetic that people like you are good with separating Joe, and probably most staff members, from enabling Sandusky and the national disgrace that happened at PSU. I had two PSU football players in the late 70s to mid 80s look me in the eye and tell me that it was common knowledge Sandusky had a problem. I’m from Fox Chapel dude. Figure it out. That was 1994-1995 when they told me. Also stated clearly that Paterno personally called UVA and advised them not to hire Sandusky and go with Welsh. Guess why Einstein! So when I hear or see cult dooshbags give their version of events it is pathetic.
It’s easy to say on the Internet that so and so told you this or that. What exactly did Joe know Mr. Inside Information? And why did he let Sandusky babysit his kids and grandkids? Joe didn’t enable Sandusky....he may have been fooled by him, but he didn’t enable him. And when he was told about it, he followed proper procedure...you know, the procedure that is now in place for all universities to follow.

I taught him how to be a man sir. Taught him right from wrong sir. Taught to him help those that need help the most. Open doors for others. Yes sir and yes mam. You on the other hand apparently place a good football program above child rape.

Here’s your narrative:

........................ [thumbsup]......................

Oops! Can’t seem to connect the dots guys!

At least ya got: WE ARE PENN STATE [cheers]
You have no idea what my kids are like, but in terms of morals and values, I will put them up against yours and anyone else’s in a heart beat. And we do have We Are...and you have We Suck (and will continue to have that for many years...congrats....but you have the self appointed high road, which you can use to soften the blow of having a horrible athletic program.

Thanks brah! It’s actually fun abusing you. And I know you know all about abusing.
You have neither the physical or mental capacity to abuse me skippy. But keep fooling yourself. And the fact that you accuse me of abusing just because I went to Penn State, shows just how small minded you are and that you’ve got nothing else (lord knows you can’t argue sports with you’re sorry ass programs).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT