ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Pace of play, safety highlight rules changes for 2018 football season

Keenan maybe you can clarify something for me regarding the newest kickoff/punt rules.

From the article you linked is the following paragraph that is kind of confusing.

"From an on the field perspective, perhaps one of the biggest alterations from last season comes on kickoffs where teams will now be allowed to advance the ball to the 25-yard line if they
fair catch a punt inside of that yard-marker."

I highlighted in bold the confusing part. The way it's stated, are punts inside the 25 yard line to be included? That would be counterproductive in a game where field position is important.

Keenan maybe you can clarify something for me regarding the newest kickoff/punt rules.

From the article you linked is the following paragraph that is kind of confusing.

"From an on the field perspective, perhaps one of the biggest alterations from last season comes on kickoffs where teams will now be allowed to advance the ball to the 25-yard line if they
fair catch a punt inside of that yard-marker."

I highlighted in bold the confusing part. The way it's stated, are punts inside the 25 yard line to be included? That would be counterproductive in a game where field position is important.

It’s kickoff. That’s my bad.

ADVERTISEMENT