ADVERTISEMENT

Pac-12, not Big 12, in danger of dropping off the radar

I cannot begin to illustrate how shortsighted your assumption that worthless crap athletic programs will remain in high esteem 20 years. Assuming the world will be the same in the future shows how clearly out of touch you are.

WVU is in a Texas conference
Rutgers was given priority over programs like Louisville, WVU, Pitt, Syracuse, UConn
ESPN just finished another round of layoffs
There is currently an actual College effing Football PLAYOFF
The "You're Fired" guy is POTUS

All things that were unthinkable not too long ago

If you dont see the pattern of drastic change happening in the college landscape then you probably struggle to keep up in all other walks of life.

The next round of expansion will have everything to do with which conference can produce the most must see TV events and nothing to do with the city a school plays in or near. When millenials are eventually University presidents, they wont care that a bunch of gomers in the 1950s thought it was a good idea to include Wake Forest in their good ole boy conference and that they should be given lifetime amnesty for horrible on field results. Theyll just see dead weight and cut it accordingly.

So, let's see. You just criticized the other poster for not realizing that the current state of affairs was unthinkable a few year ago......and then you proceed to tell him you absolutely know the future state of affairs.

When millenials are eventually University presidents, they wont care that a bunch of gomers in the 1950s thought it was a good idea to include Wake Forest in their good ole boy conference and that they should be given lifetime amnesty for horrible on field results. Theyll just see dead weight and cut it accordingly.
And yet Wake Forest has won the ACC more recently than over half the conference has. Maybe they're not the dead weight, maybe somebody else is.

So, let's see. You just criticized the other poster for not realizing that the current state of affairs was unthinkable a few year ago......and then you proceed to tell him you absolutely know the future state of affairs.

Lol alright you got me.

I cannot begin to illustrate how shortsighted your assumption that worthless crap athletic programs will remain in high esteem 20 years. Assuming the world will be the same in the future shows how clearly out of touch you are.

WVU is in a Texas conference
Rutgers was given priority over programs like Louisville, WVU, Pitt, Syracuse, UConn
ESPN just finished another round of layoffs
There is currently an actual College effing Football PLAYOFF
The "You're Fired" guy is POTUS

All things that were unthinkable not too long ago

If you dont see the pattern of drastic change happening in the college landscape then you probably struggle to keep up in all other walks of life.

The next round of expansion will have everything to do with which conference can produce the most must see TV events and nothing to do with the city a school plays in or near. When millenials are eventually University presidents, they wont care that a bunch of gomers in the 1950s thought it was a good idea to include Wake Forest in their good ole boy conference and that they should be given lifetime amnesty for horrible on field results. Theyll just see dead weight and cut it accordingly.

Ok retard you're off on a few things. Pitt and Syracuse joined the ACC in 2013 and ND joined ACC in all non football sports. The Big Ten expanded as a result of the ACCs expansion. I.E. the Big Ten lost ND and since you probably can't conect dots the Big Ten was generally planning on ND at some point to join conference. So enter Rutgers and Maryland in 2014. Get your facts right and don't post drunk. Rutgers was kind of a last choice really. Rutgers doesn't draw shit in New York. ND, Penn State and Syracuse draw way more in NY. Rutgers a priority LOL. ESPN made $5Billion last year. So what you think about ESPN doesn't mean squat. The rest of your post is a quadruple down on a retarded perspective.

Ok retard you're off on a few things. Pitt and Syracuse joined the ACC in 2013 and ND joined ACC in all non football sports. The Big Ten expanded as a result of the ACCs expansion. I.E. the Big Ten lost ND and since you probably can't conect dots the Big Ten was generally planning on ND at some point to join conference. So enter Rutgers and Maryland in 2014. Get your facts right and don't post drunk. Rutgers was kind of a last choice really. Rutgers doesn't draw shit in New York. ND, Penn State and Syracuse draw way more in NY. Rutgers a priority LOL. ESPN made $5Billion last year. So what you think about ESPN doesn't mean squat. The rest of your post is a quadruple down on a retarded perspective.
Thanks for the update jerkoff Greg...the internet ruffian!!!

Typical boring light weight response. You should stop using the word troll idiot. If he is indeed a troll as you say then you're the fool on his string. I know this logic just went over your head retard.
Greg...retard.. Spooky...retard...Greg...retard...Spooky...retard...I see a definite pattern here...in the Beavis/Butthead vernacular!

I get the 'anything can happen' mantra....but I don't ever see a tipping point that could ever lead to the conferences shedding members. And really...how could they even identify 'lesser teams?

What justification with the Big 10 ever have to kicking out Northwestern, the ACC Wake Forest, the SEC Vandy and the Pac 12 Washington State?

Greg...retard.. Spooky...retard...Greg...retard...Spooky...retard...I see a definite pattern here...in the Beavis/Butthead vernacular!
You back retard? I thought you were gonna place me on ignore? So much for that respect rant you were on but I don't expect much from a Canadian homer weakling.

OK................let's get things straight. TorontoEERs runs my pickle picking, processing and packing operations for a reason. He da man! I pay him hunnardts. Yes................HUNNARDTS! Why didn't some others around here get 'picked' for the job? Like John Lennon said..................THINK!

Reactions: hbeacheer
Go back to Canada weakling. 12 years in the Canadian infantry big deal fool that's the equivalent of being and eagle scout.

LOL, I worked with the Marines several times, bunch of lazy punks all they cared about was how many days they had left until they could get out.

Is there any video of this pissing contest? Ever since I was diagnosed with BPH I've been looking for some really good footage to inspire me.

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
Current Big 12 teams have been in 6 national title games, winning 2, in the past 17 years. That’s 35% of the time. Hardly a C-USA conference.

Texas lost to Alabama in 2009.
(LSU, Notre Dame did, too, in other years.)

Oklahoma lost to Florida in 2008.

Texas won national title in 2005 by beating Southern Cal.

Oklahoma lost to Southern Cal in 2004.

Oklahoma lost to LSU in 2003.

Oklahoma won national title in 2000 by beating Florida State.

Oklahoma was in 3 national title games in 5 years.

Pac-12 is the conference that really is in trouble today. And this is a conference that hasn't won a national title since 2004, the longest drought by any Power 5 conference.

PAC-12 has a long and storied tradition (dating back to the PAC 8) and isn't going anywhere. B12 won't exist in another 5 years.

Reactions: Spookycat2002
ADVERTISEMENT