ADVERTISEMENT

Pac-12, not Big 12, in danger of dropping off the radar

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Current Big 12 teams have been in 6 national title games, winning 2, in the past 17 years. That’s 35% of the time. Hardly a C-USA conference.

Texas lost to Alabama in 2009.
(LSU, Notre Dame did, too, in other years.)

Oklahoma lost to Florida in 2008.

Texas won national title in 2005 by beating Southern Cal.

Oklahoma lost to Southern Cal in 2004.

Oklahoma lost to LSU in 2003.

Oklahoma won national title in 2000 by beating Florida State.

Oklahoma was in 3 national title games in 5 years.

Pac-12 is the conference that really is in trouble today. And this is a conference that hasn't won a national title since 2004, the longest drought by any Power 5 conference.

The LA basin is the second largest population center in the country, with tradition rich USC and UCLA in city limits, and all the TV networks, OTA, cable, and streaming providers having HQ's there. As long as those two don't drop football and basketball, some version of the PAC-12 is always going to be alive and well.

Or stated another way, the Big12 hasn't won a National Championship in the last 12 years. For all the posturing by Texas and Oklahoma as being flagship schools, they have not delivered as have the flagship schools in the SEC, ACC and Big10 over the same period of time.

Think of it this way: are there any Big 12 schools the Pac 12 would accept into their conference? MAYBE Texas, and that's if they felt like putting up with their shit.

The Big 12 meanwhile, would probably accept any Pac 12 school that applied for membership with open arms.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
The Pac-12 has gone one year longer than the Big 12 without winning the national championship, that much is true.

However, it's also equally true that the Pac-12 has gotten to the national-championship game twice since the last time the Big 12 did. Any premise that the Pac-12 is somehow in danger is absurd.

Current Big 12 teams have been in 6 national title games, winning 2, in the past 17 years. That’s 35% of the time. Hardly a C-USA conference.

Pac-12 is the conference that really is in trouble today. And this is a conference that hasn't won a national title since 2004, the longest drought by any Power 5 conference.

This is a retard post. A desperate post from a Big12 homer. The PAC 12 owns the West. That conference in dropping off the radar? Babahahahahaha! WTF do mean dropping off the radar? What's wrong with some of you?

This is a retard post. A desperate post from a Big12 homer. The PAC 12 owns the West. That conference in dropping off the radar? Babahahahahaha! WTF do mean dropping off the radar? What's wrong with some of you?
Making more friends Greg? Still pushing your anti-B12 agenda. Another low value post Greg. We expect more from the self proclaimed most valuable poster.

Making more friends Greg? Still pushing your anti-B12 agenda. Another low value post Greg. We expect more from the self proclaimed most valuable poster.
What do you do 24/7? Just sit around and wait for Greg to post, and then chime in with the same words, over and over again? 2,027 posts, and 90% of them are in reply to Greg, with the other 10% replying to me.

Forcing ND to join a conference full time for all sports would go a long way into solving CFCG. Five conference champs 1 at large. SEC and B1G would eat that up at a chance to get 2 every year.

What do you do 24/7? Just sit around and wait for Greg to post, and then chime in with the same words, over and over again? 2,027 posts, and 90% of them are in reply to Greg, with the other 10% replying to me.
Are you feeling unloved? Headed to Portland on Friday. Looking forward to drinking a lot of great beer.

lol the Pac represents about 1/4th of the country where as the Big XII basically represents Texas, and a few flyover states. We are always at the bottom of the totem pole and vulnerable to a dynamic shift regardless of what happens on the field simply because of that reality. Fortunately it seems that the idiotic arms race of blindly adding schools that deliver the most households to shove 30 cents per household into seems to be going away given the steady decline of the cable industry and it should be replaced with an arms race of dumping deadbeat leach schools like Rutgers, Northwestern, Vanderbilt , Wake Forest, Boston College, and replacing them with schools who actually take their football programs seriously and have the fan bases to back it up. If this happens I would be surprised if WVU were left behind in a "have not" conference, although our ticket to the big boys table is hardly guaranteed either.

Move along 5-0. I'm bored with you. At least I give an opinion. All you do chase me around on a WVU discussion site. I don't make friends on a website. I give my opinion. My opinion is that the Big12 sucks and OU will lose at OSU. Why is everything I post such a big deal in your life? It's like you're my pupppet or something.

Forcing ND to join a conference full time for all sports would go a long way into solving CFCG. Five conference champs 1 at large. SEC and B1G would eat that up at a chance to get 2 every year.

You heard that if ND joins a conference they are under contract to join the ACC. You know that right?

You heard that if ND joins a conference they are under contract to join the ACC. You know that right?

Contracts are made to be broken. But ACC would be their best bet anyway. It's not like their a power house team anymore. But they will be when Stoops replaces Kelly

Think of it this way: are there any Big 12 schools the Pac 12 would accept into their conference? MAYBE Texas, and that's if they felt like putting up with their shit.

The Big 12 meanwhile, would probably accept any Pac 12 school that applied for membership with open arms.
The pac 12 tried to raid the big 12 in 2010. They offered 6 schools invitations

Reactions: Cheers
The Pac-12 has gone one year longer than the Big 12 without winning the national championship, that much is true.

However, it's also equally true that the Pac-12 has gotten to the national-championship game twice since the last time the Big 12 did. Any premise that the Pac-12 is somehow in danger is absurd.
The pac 12 offered 6 big 12 schools invitations in 2010. I guess he forgot about that.

Reactions: Cheers
Have you been and idiot your whole life? The pac 12 isn't going anywhere they tried to finish off the big 12 in 2010 when they offered 6 schools invitations. Don't be surprised if they try it again. Only a fool like yourself would deny this.

Contracts are made to be broken. But ACC would be their best bet anyway. It's not like their a power house team anymore. But they will be when Stoops replaces Kelly

In fairness to ND, one of three teams I hate, they are a Top Dog in college football. Not saying they're good. Just that they are the Bluest of Blue Bloods.

Have you been and idiot your whole life? The pac 12 isn't going anywhere they tried to finish off the big 12 in 2010 when they offered 6 schools invitations. Don't be surprised if they try it again. Only a fool like yourself would deny this.
I have never been an idiot spooky, nor have I ever suggested that the PAC 12 was going anywhere. Perhaps you should take a reading comprehension course so you don't come across as a fool.

Reactions: CAK125

The longevity and success of a conference has to do with a multitude of factors. The last pac 12 national championship in football came in 2004. The last big 12 national championship in football came in 2005. One year is hardly a difference. The problem with the big 12 is its geographically and demographically disadvantaged. The big 12 has 10 teams in 5 states and Texas is the only state that's seeing significant population growth. The pac 12 has teams in 7 states all which have growing populations. The big 12 has the smallest population base of any conference. Both these conferences will probably continue to struggle to some degree but the big 12 would be allot easier to raid then the pac 12. It would make allot more sense for the sec or big ten to expand into Oklahoma or Texas than it would to add a team on the west coast.

I have never been an idiot spooky, nor have I ever suggested that the PAC 12 was going anywhere. Perhaps you should take a reading comprehension course so you don't come across as a fool.
Maybe you should get a dictionary homer and look up the words Idiot and Liar. You have never been and idiot? Not true you are one. Another light weight post from and obsessed teenage drama queen.

With all due respect to the OP....the Pac 12 isn't in any danger.

As much as I dont want to admit it.....if a league goes away....it will be the Big XII.
THIS ...

And just for the record, this thread amongst many others proves Greg is a first class jerk...not to mention his little insane clown posse Spookmiester following his ass around everywhere for crumbs...

Reactions: countryroads89
Maybe you should get a dictionary homer and look up the words Idiot and Liar. You have never been and idiot? Not true you are one. Another light weight post from and obsessed teenage drama queen.
There is a difference between an and and. An is used before a word starting with a vowel. And is used to connect or add to the subject. I would deflect also if I was getting schooled as bad as you consistently are by every none MVU or Pitt fan. Please show me where I posted about the PAC 12 that you railed against me about. You cannot because I did not. But it is easier to call me an idiot, a fool, a homer, an obsessed drama queen and a liar than to face your own short comings let alone reread a post. Get a grip spooky and go find some joy to fill your life up with.

This is a dumb thread and the answers are buying into the silliness of it. No changes in the five P5 for a while...and based on what counts, eyeballs, then the Big 12-2=10 is at a disadvantage. It doesn't matter who plays in what post season game lol.

The longevity and success of a conference has to do with a multitude of factors. The last pac 12 national championship in football came in 2004. The last big 12 national championship in football came in 2005. One year is hardly a difference. The problem with the big 12 is its geographically and demographically disadvantaged. The big 12 has 10 teams in 5 states and Texas is the only state that's seeing significant population growth. The pac 12 has teams in 7 states all which have growing populations. The big 12 has the smallest population base of any conference. Both these conferences will probably continue to struggle to some degree but the big 12 would be allot easier to raid then the pac 12. It would make allot more sense for the sec or big ten to expand into Oklahoma or Texas than it would to add a team on the west coast.

You make good points, of course, but the Pac-12 is in serious danger of losing ground to the other Power 5 conferences. The Big 12 demise is promoted by other conferences who feel the Big 12 breathing down their

This is a dumb thread and the answers are buying into the silliness of it. No changes in the five P5 for a while...and based on what counts, eyeballs, then the Big 12-2=10 is at a disadvantage. It doesn't matter who plays in what post season game lol.

You lost your credibility with that statement.

You make good points, of course, but the Pac-12 is in serious danger of losing ground to the other Power 5 conferences. The Big 12 demise is promoted by other conferences who feel the Big 12 breathing down their

Not sure if I believe it's the other conferences promoting B12 demise so much...or the media spinning it either... and don't get me wrong, I do love the Big 12 brand of football I am seeing, much better than the dying years of the BE...if this conference can manage to rip off some BIG Bowl victories consistently, and namely a NC , it settles itself. To my perception the PAC is just fine for the time being, with some top flight, and some historically great programs...As OlegeezEER alluded to...just WIN baby!

The dadgum P-12 ain't going no where. Neither is the B-12. They both here to stay.
Please don't even think of sending the Jacobs feller to the pickle farm Warez...he is a disruptive force...leave him over at Heinz field on Saturday's with his friend Spooky. Let the two bozo's pick tomatoes instead at halftime...thank you.

Listen, any conference that has powerful institutions like USC, UCLA, Stanford, Washington, and Oregon is not in any danger.

Reactions: Rootmaster
In fairness to ND, one of three teams I hate, they are a Top Dog in college football. Not saying they're good. Just that they are the Bluest of Blue Bloods.

Not a fan of ND either. But ND fans expect 11 wins and with that a playoff spot. They came close once. But have not sniffed the CFP since.Hard part for ND is their schedule is sometimes a big ? mark. They need their opponents to have a good year as well. They even lost to a horrible Texas team. according to some rag reports Kelly is currently on the hot seat.

There is a difference between an and and. An is used before a word starting with a vowel. And is used to connect or add to the subject. I would deflect also if I was getting schooled as bad as you consistently are by every none MVU or Pitt fan. Please show me where I posted about the PAC 12 that you railed against me about. You cannot because I did not. But it is easier to call me an idiot, a fool, a homer, an obsessed drama queen and a liar than to face your own short comings let alone reread a post. Get a grip spooky and go find some joy to fill your life up with.
Typically idiot post from you. Still playing the grammar card when you have been exposed many a time yourself. Remember its Pittsburgh not pittsburg fool. When it comes to bulls the only thing you have in common is what comes out the back end.

Typically idiot post from you. Still playing the grammar card when you have been exposed many a time yourself. Remember its Pittsburgh not pittsburg fool. When it comes to bulls the only thing you have in common is what comes out the back end.
Nothing new from you Spooky. Once again nonsense and insults.

Geeez...too bad 'bout that lol. However, this thread is based upon a dumb premise. Sorry.
So we should extol a conference that hasn't won a national title longer than any other P5 conference? If the Pac-12 is so great, why hasn't it won the national in forever?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT