ADVERTISEMENT

Our shooting guard of the future is in Logan, WV the junior David Early lighting it up 34-36 points

I never said he was Zion Williamson. That was the fake pride. Look to your left.

Hey Vernon can you ban that fake pride that uses my same screen name? Is that allowed? Lol c’mon.

Pratt why wouldn’t you want this kid at WVU for 2020? Have you seen our current guards? It’s D2 bad. If I’m Huggs I’m bringing in Dobbs for 2019 or at least prepping him for reclass to 2020. He’s 6-3 strong, athletic. After this year is done after the state tournament in mid March I think Dobbs, Bridges, Early, Obinna will impress lots of high D1 schools. Metheny possibly as well although undersized. He’s a great PWO for 2020. He already lives in Morgantown. His folks got $. He is 4.0 student. Dobbs is really looking good in senior year. Legit 6-3 now and strong, athletic. He’s WVU material easy.

All these WV kids are lights out stars.... until they aren't. Right?

All we heard from you was how good Harler was, Knapper was, all light years better than Dax or even Carter. Then they will be. Then they aren't worth a crap and were the "wrong" WV talent to pick. Funny, the two slowest, most unathletic players on the team - Routt and Harler - are WV boys that we wasted scholarships on at least once and Knapper is third string.

Here's a hint. If you want these kids coming to WVU, you need to start saying they suck and are not worth a scholarship. With your track record of picking talent, that would probably be their best endorsement on here. Maybe someone here would start taking you a little more seriously.

Even though none of the ones mentioned above are.

I always knew Harler was not D1. That’s on Huggs. Knapper is small that was my worry but I thought he would be better than this. He has regressed and I think his confidence has suffered badly. He may not last. McCabe isn’t the answer. Too small and slow.

The answer is Dobbs, Early at guard and Bridges at wing or 3 spot, Obinna at 4. Huggs needs to get all 4 WV stars. These guys are way better than any of the current guards we have.

Only people who think I am incorrect are lowlife thugs. You sound like you watch CNN and voted for Hillary. LOL

giphy.gif

Do you guys ever talk sports? Geeezzzz.....Pratt do you know anything about sports in WV or anywhere.....??????? Geezzzz

Pratt do you not know sports. Only thing you talk about is drugs, prositutes and me. Are you obsessed with those things. I am obsessed with WV sports. Like I have said I love WV more than any of you. I can prove that by what I have done for WV.

Early is a stud just torching it. Huggs is so lazy, arrogant he won’t recruit anybody he has to work to get. That’s what happened with Grantham and all the other WV boys good enough.

Dobbs has progressed and needs WVU offer. He torched Morgantown last night easy. Kid is 6-3 and built like a 5 star strong safety. Big, athletic combo guard that has developed point guard skills nicely. His assists are up as well. Bring him in 2019 and redshirt him or play him if he’s ready. The raw athletic ability is there. Lots of turnover coming on WVU roster. Plenty of spots open.

I was reported to have had a 40 inch vertical at an informal workout in high school as reported by anonymous sources (my Mom).

Pride would have had me as a high D1 Four Stat recruit.

Sweet.

Here's what I don't get. It just doesn't make sense to me...

First, Huggs has lost it. Can't coach, lost the team, can't develop talent, picks the WRONG talent from WV, and the assistants all suck and Huggs and company should all be fired.

Second, you love WV kids and WVU. You've done more than anyone on here for the betterment of WVU. You know more than anyone about WV kids, their abilities and talents, especially in hindsight.

Here's the catch. If you love these WV kids so much, and WVU even more, why would you want all these kids to come to WVU when they won't be coached up, have their talent developed, and have to play for coaches who can't coach anymore?

Wouldn't you want them to go elsewhere where that talent will be nurtured and not wasted if you know so much basketball as you claim and love these WV kids as much as you say?

Pratt do you not know sports. Only thing you talk about is drugs, prositutes and me. Are you obsessed with those things. I am obsessed with WV sports. Like I have said I love WV more than any of you. I can prove that by what I have done for WV.

Townes-
The crazy thing is that you sound just like the real Pride304 hahaha

Spartansstink outside of 6-8 junior power forward Obinna who’s a legit high D1 starter, WV doesn’t produce big men like forwards, centers much. But WV does have a few good guards every year and Huggs is either too dumb to recruit them or he can’t get them.

You have to admit we can get our guards in state. They are better than our current horrible guards. If Huggs had any recruiting ability or sense we would have Jon Elmore, CJ Burks, Frampton......or at least 1-2 of these guys. Imagine if Elmore, Burks we’re helping Konate and Jevon last year. Huggs needs to recruit the top WV guards and not guys like Harler. Get Early, Dobbs, Bridges, Drew Williamson......

We also can’t even get any of them Huntington Prep kids either. Huggs just can’t recruit and nobody that can score wants to play for him.

Spartansstink your right about the good WV kids not wanting to play for Huggs. I guarantee Early and others are being told not to fool with Huggs and that he will ruin your career. That negative word is out there. Other schools use that against us about Huggs. Negative recruiting is easy with Huggs being a dumbass. He restricts talented scorers.

We also can’t even get any of them Huntington Prep kids either. Huggs just can’t recruit and nobody that can score wants to play for him.

Spartansstink your right about the good WV kids not wanting to play for Huggs. I guarantee Early and others are being told not to fool with Huggs and that he will ruin your career. That negative word is out there. Other schools use that against us about Huggs. Negative recruiting is easy with Huggs being a dumbass. He restricts talented scorers.

You really are a retard. Just because the school is IN the state of WV, doesn't mean the kid will GO to WVU. You realize that most if not ALL of them are recruited to play there?!?! So by your logic, every kid that went to Oak Hill Academy should go to UVA or VT. WRONG! They go to Duke, Syracuse, UK, ALLLL over. You seriously don't get it.

Do you guys ever talk sports? Geeezzzz.....Pratt do you know anything about sports in WV or anywhere.....??????? Geezzzz

Do you know anything about sports? All you do is post drivel about stats and those you love. Attack the team it's players and coaches. You post like spookycat, smell like a herd fan and post like gregg and TVZ

WVUAllen. I post about WV and sports because that is what I am obsessed with. You post about me. Are you obsessed with me. LOL

I never said he was Zion Williamson. That was the fake pride. Look to your left.

Hey Vernon can you ban that fake pride that uses my same screen name? Is that allowed? Lol c’mon.

Pratt why wouldn’t you want this kid at WVU for 2020? Have you seen our current guards? It’s D2 bad. If I’m Huggs I’m bringing in Dobbs for 2019 or at least prepping him for reclass to 2020. He’s 6-3 strong, athletic. After this year is done after the state tournament in mid March I think Dobbs, Bridges, Early, Obinna will impress lots of high D1 schools. Metheny possibly as well although undersized. He’s a great PWO for 2020. He already lives in Morgantown. His folks got $. He is 4.0 student. Dobbs is really looking good in senior year. Legit 6-3 now and strong, athletic. He’s WVU material easy.

@Vernon the troll wants another troll gone. Whats the ruling on that LOL [roll]

Let me clear some things up. I agree somewhat on the "scorers" not wanting to play for Huggins. Its what Huggins wants that turns those kids off - a COMPLETE player, one that can do it all, score AND play defense.

I'll admit the way I see things is pretty simplistic. I look at how many WVU player X scores versus how much his opponent scores. That's what made Jevon Carter, Dax Miles, Kevin Jones, etc. so special. With them, we were always on the plus side. That's what made Eron Harris such a dud. With him, we were usually in the negative. He might score 20 points one night but give up 25. That put us in the negative. That's why the names you mentioned couldn't help us, i.e. Jon Elmore. You saw what Carter and Miles did to him in the tournament. He's a negative player if you are playing B12 competition.

Too many players in the negatives, which is what we have now, and you lose. Right now, we are really only playing 2 on 5 (Beetle when he can stay on the floor and Culver) or occasionally 3 when West has a decent game but that isn't consistent.

But here's the rub. None of those WV kids you mention is anything better than what we have now. Why would we want that? Because some kid scores 30 on Musselman or Bridgeport doesn't make them WVU material. We've learned that with the WV guards we have now.

Not all true. Elmore put 32 a game in high school at AAA GW over 20 a game in D1 again. He could help us. CJ Burks can defend and score. He can help us. Frampton is solid. He can help us.

I think you truly overestimate the out of state kids because they come from bigger cities, states. That has nothing to do with player development and ceiling, potential. Also some of these good WV kids would be good anywhere. David Early is a junior at Logan High and he would average 25-30 points a game in any big city high school as well. Dobbs, Bridges, Metheny, Obinna would be stars in any big city school as well. All would score and do their thing. We need some of these kids. The out of state recruiting is mostly terrible too often.

Harler never improved since 10th grade. Routt was only walkon. I knew when Harler was a senior in high school he wouldn’t cut it and was D2 level. Knapper will improve next year but he hasn’t lived up to billing but he’s also small and been injured last 2 years. His confidence is destroyed and needs to get it back. Huggs should have let Harler transfer out and recruited 6-3 guard Drew Williamson out of state champion Chapmanville. He can score, shoot and would help us off bench.

Not all true. Elmore put 32 a game in high school at AAA GW over 20 a game in D1 again. He could help us. CJ Burks can defend and score. He can help us. Frampton is solid. He can help us.

I think you truly overestimate the out of state kids because they come from bigger cities, states. That has nothing to do with player development and ceiling, potential. Also some of these good WV kids would be good anywhere. David Early is a junior at Logan High and he would average 25-30 points a game in any big city high school as well. Dobbs, Bridges, Metheny, Obinna would be stars in any big city school as well. All would score and do their thing. We need some of these kids. The out of state recruiting is mostly terrible too often.

Harler never improved since 10th grade. Routt was only walkon. I knew when Harler was a senior in high school he wouldn’t cut it and was D2 level. Knapper will improve next year but he hasn’t lived up to billing but he’s also small and been injured last 2 years. His confidence is destroyed and needs to get it back. Huggs should have let Harler transfer out and recruited 6-3 guard Drew Williamson out of state champion Chapmanville. He can score, shoot and would help us off bench.

I'll take your arguments one paragraph at a time.

First, Elmore couldn't help us. He's not a complete player. Because he scored 32 on George Washington? Great! Can he play defense against B12 quality guards. Nope! He'd HAVE to score 32 a night to equal out what he'd give up defensively. Good shooter, slower than Harler defensively. No thank you.

You seriously think because some kid scores 25 on some 5'9" kid from Shady or North Marion that will equate to scorinig 25 on Trae Young? Or any other Big 12 guard? Not even close. Even Harler had those stats in high school. Are these guards we have now bad? Right now, yeah. Next year, won't be as bad. Hopefully much better as juniors and seniors. But if they don't get better defensively they'll be guarding Dobbs and Bridges at West Liberty or Fairmont real soon.

I hope Knapper improves. He'll have no choice. This is big time basketball and his spot will be taken by someone else if he doesn't. They all will have to improve, especially defensively if we are going to get back to the tournament next year and in the years to come. But don't overestimate the abilities of some WV kid because he scores 25 a night on WV competition.

Your one of those people that automatically thinks a big city zip code means he must be better. Wrong. What are you missing on Elmore? You are acting like he has to be the top scorer in the Big 12. We need what he can do for us. The fact is we need him and he would score and make 3 pointers unlike Harler, Haley, Doomes who can’t score or shoot. Even McCabe isn’t scoring and is slow, small. Dude Elmore is 6-2 to 6-3 legit and can hit 3s from deep. We need scoring. CJ Burks is 6-3 and can score and defend. Why the hell would you not want these guys? You sound lost. Our current guards are way worse. Elmore and Burks both dropped 30 points and 6-7 assists tonight in the Marshall win tonight. Both are needed at WVU.

Also 6-7 wing Bridges isn’t ever playing at Fairmont State or West Liberty. He has 30 D1 scholarship offers and growing. He has a WVU, Penn State, Marshall, Temple, Xavier, Butler, Dayton, Clemson offer already among many. He is power 5 guy. Schools from Big 12, Big 10, Big East, AAC, Atlantic 10, Conference USA all fighting for him.

6-3 combo guard Dobbs has several D1 offers already and growing. He is D1. Harler was the worst WV player Huggs could have got. He never improved since 10th grade. Dobbs is way better than Harler already right now.

David Early and Obinna are going high D1. Both are needed at WVU. Both have several D1 offers already as juniors. Both have WVU offer.

Your one of those people that automatically thinks a big city zip code means he must be better. Wrong. What are you missing on Elmore? You are acting like he has to be the top scorer in the Big 12. We need what he can do for us. The fact is we need him and he would score and make 3 pointers unlike Harler, Haley, Doomes who can’t score or shoot. Even McCabe isn’t scoring and is slow, small. Dude Elmore is 6-2 to 6-3 legit and can hit 3s from deep. We need scoring. CJ Burks is 6-3 and can score and defend. Why the hell would you not want these guys? You sound lost. Our current guards are way worse. Elmore and Burks both dropped 30 points and 6-7 assists tonight in the Marshall win tonight. Both are needed at WVU.

Don't pay attention to zip code... pay attention to overall ability. It is YOUR love for these WV kids that is over the top. What's missing on Elmore? Easy.... defense! He can't defend B12 level guards. He can probably do ok against whatever conference Marshall plays because they are lesser caliber opponents but B12... no chance. As much as you ran down Carter and Miles last year, they took Elmore to the shed. Now, if these two weren't worth anything, as you say, what would "real" guards do to him?

Truth is, Elmore would be just another Harler et. al on this team - another guy who can't defend. Same with Burks. Again, what good would it do us if Elmore and Burks score 30 but give up 40? Marshall isn't playing B12 competition. Only a "special" person would think that would equate to better caliber basketball just like you think that because some WV kid scores 25 against Richwood that equates to 25 against Kansas State.

Also 6-7 wing Bridges isn’t ever playing at Fairmont State or West Liberty. He has 30 D1 scholarship offers and growing. He has a WVU, Penn State, Marshall, Temple, Xavier, Butler, Dayton, Clemson offer already among many. He is power 5 guy. Schools from Big 12, Big 10, Big East, AAC, Atlantic 10, Conference USA all fighting for him.

6-3 combo guard Dobbs has several D1 offers already and growing. He is D1. Harler was the worst WV player Huggs could have got. He never improved since 10th grade. Dobbs is way better than Harler already right now.

David Early and Obinna are going high D1. Both are needed at WVU. Both have several D1 offers already as juniors. Both have WVU offer.

Good for Bridges. I hope where ever he goes he's successful. If WVU fine, if not, fine. Same goes for Dobbs and whoever else.

But, that isn't the point. The point is if any of these kids go to WVU and don't live up to your expectations you will write "See, I told you guys, I knew it all along. Not any good. Should have gotten Player X from University of Y. I told you guys HE was the right one. Huggins sucks and doesn't know how to coach and should be fired."

Just like you did with Harler. Just like you did with Knapper. Just like you did with Routt.

Thing is you don't know much about basketball. Like when you come on here and say "Final Four team this year". Your knowledge of basketball and talent all comes from hindsight (or more appropriately pulling things from out of your ass) and leaves those people here on the free board seeing you as an idiot. Just a friendly piece of advice from one WVU fan to another: Stop proving it by compounding your errors with post after incorrect post.

The Final 4 thing was more of a hype thing to get folks excited and I honestly did think this team would be much better. I never anticipated any issues with Konate knee and didn’t realize Culver would end up suspended. If those 2 things happen we are all happy right now. Also I honestly thought McCabe and Knapper would help us more. The rest I didn’t expect to be any good or better.

As for Elmore and Burks. Elmore wouldn’t have to be a top defender cause we need help at guard any way we could get it and he would be hitting shots. Harler, Haley and everyone but Beetle is missing shots. Elmore would help us score. Burks can defend and score in multiple ways. Both are 6-3 guards. Lower D1 top players like this would help us. These 2 are good whether you admit it or not. Spartansstink you don’t know recruiting or the overall process as good as you think. Elmore and Burks would put Harler, McCabe, Knapper on bench completely. Wish those 2 would have grad transferred here. We needed them.

JC was good. Konate was healthy last year. Dax was average. JC and Konate carried the show and covered up the other D2 level stiffs last year. That’s why we were a solid team.

If Elmore and Burks would have grad transferred here this year as seniors WVU would be much better. Both are better than any guard we have and both are 6-3 seniors with NCAA tournament experience. Face it. They would put Harler, McCabe, Knapper, Doomes on bench totally and allow Beetle to play 6th man role. Why would you be dumb enough to deny this reality? Elmore doesn’t have to be the top defender to help us. He can score and shoot. We need help period. We can’t shoot at all. Bricks all over by Harler, Haley, Doomes, Knapper. Even McCabe is missing shots. We need help badly.

Last year if Elmore or Burks were on WVU team with there scoring, shooting ability, 6-3 size at guard that team would have been Final 4 easy. JC, Konate, Elmore, Burks, Dax would have been tough to beat. You have to admit it’s true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT