ADVERTISEMENT

Our shooting guard of the future is in Logan, WV the junior David Early lighting it up 34-36 points

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
Logan High junior guard David Early has quit football and is all basketball now. He is the kind of WV kid WVU needs at 6-3 250 and athletic. He will be incredible at WVU after they get him eating well and in shape. Kid is a star and it will be a crime to let him get away. This isn’t Harler. This kid is a WV stud that will help WVU in a big way. Early scored 36 points vs Capital High and 36 vs Pikeville, KY and most recently 34. Kid can shoot from way downtown and handle the ball. Big and strong. Freak!

Huggs needs to recruit Obinna Killen from Chapmanville High in Logan County as well. He’s a 6-8 junior. Huggs may also need to look at 6-3 guard Drew Williamson at Beckley Prep. He would be terrific shooter for WVU off bench. Good player. University High junior Kaden Metheny should be a priority as a PWO cause he already lives in Morgantown. Bridges a must and Dobbs a rising possibility. All these WV kids mentioned are better than Harler, Routt, Knapper. Huggs needs to get the top WV kids and not the 2nd-3rd tier.

David Ealy is the next LeBron James. He is better than Zion Williamson. We need more WV kids. Not out of state D3 recruits.

Can't wait to bump this when it flies back in your face. Your new profile name should be Final4pride.

David Ealy is the next LeBron James. He is better than Zion Williamson. We need more WV kids. Not out of state D3 recruits.
Yeah? Is he getting national press attention like LeBron did in high school? Full page articles in USA today? Mentions in Sports Illustrated? I doubt it.

Anyways David Early, Zyon Dobbs, Jalen Bridges, Kaden Metheny, Obinna Killen are way better than our entire roster except Konate and Culver. Drew Williamson at Beckley Prep is also better. Huggs need to get the top WV recruits and not the 3rd tier group like Routt, Harler. Knapper is 2nd tier. Huggs needs to get the 1st tier.

Huggs get the elite WV kids. Not the 3rd team WV boys like Harler.

I never troll like others. I am here to talk WV sports. I should be the coach at WVU. I would make a better coach than old, fat and drunk Huggs.

Should play DL.

Has the speed and size to be a force on a 4i Defensive Line.

Like his foot speed. Has an attitude on the court as well.
Put 25 pounds of muscle and could be a force over the center as a stand up pass rusher.

Trill did you see his 3 point range it’s almost half court. He could help WVU in 2 years. He’s only a 16 year old high school junior. He’s a better scorer than any guard WVU has right now. He already has a WVU, Marshall offer and several other D1 offers among a growing list. Huggs can’t recruit guards though. That’s what worries me.

What about the shots he missed?

Never seen him play.
I have no idea about his shot selection, moving without the ball, his defense and other things that are important.

I like his foot speed. Think he can play DL if he had a big body wing span.
Plus I cannot tell where his center of gravity is.
Looks likes it is low though.

I think he has more upside in football.

Trill he is 6-3 legit maybe closer to 6-4 and about 240-250. He’s a freak talent that Dana even liked as a freshmen QB. Huggs actually offered him as a freshmen he was so good. He’s a kid under the radar nationally being from a small town area in WV but he can ball. He owned NYC and Atlanta kids last couple summers in AAU. If he was from ATLANTA he would be a 4 star recruit right now. He quit football to focus on hoops. Imagine when he gets in a D1 strength and conditioning program and a real diet. He’s a big freak from the southern coalfields of WV. He’s a must get by Sluggs aka Huggs.

Last edited:
I'm so glad you posted this....now I know you truly don't believe all the garbage you post. This cleared things up for me.

Logan High junior guard David Early has quit football and is all basketball now. He is the kind of WV kid WVU needs at 6-3 250 and athletic. He will be incredible at WVU after they get him eating well and in shape. Kid is a star and it will be a crime to let him get away. This isn’t Harler. This kid is a WV stud that will help WVU in a big way. Early scored 36 points vs Capital High and 36 vs Pikeville, KY and most recently 34. Kid can shoot from way downtown and handle the ball. Big and strong. Freak!

Huggs needs to recruit Obinna Killen from Chapmanville High in Logan County as well. He’s a 6-8 junior. Huggs may also need to look at 6-3 guard Drew Williamson at Beckley Prep. He would be terrific shooter for WVU off bench. Good player. University High junior Kaden Metheny should be a priority as a PWO cause he already lives in Morgantown. Bridges a must and Dobbs a rising possibility. All these WV kids mentioned are better than Harler, Routt, Knapper. Huggs needs to get the top WV kids and not the 2nd-3rd tier.
Project, 2-star, overweight. No doubt he can dominate WV talent but he doesn't have the quicks to play Big XII ball

Reactions: Phil1972
Shadytigeer he’s easily good enough. He’s owned kids from ATL, LA, NYC the past couple summers. He’s better than any guard Big 12 WVU has now. Every Big 12 team isn’t as great as you think. Early could play and start at shooting guard anywhere. Championships are won in half court scoring not Press Virginia. Press Virginia only gets you to sweet 16 if lucky. Early can dominate in half court scoring.

Pull up David Early on hudl.com the kid is only a junior and dominated the Kentucky team too recently. Unlimited range from almost half court. Have you seen how bad WVU guards are?

Go pull up highlights from Early or go see him play if in WV. Hes only a junior in high school and Huggs needs him now. You can’t tell me he can’t help WVU. Huggs recruits D2 guards too often. We need Early for class of 2020.

I could be a 5 star recruit in prides eyes. I was deadly from 3 in high school.

They won’t get anybody better than Early. He has owned ATLANTA, DC, NYC boys for last 2 summers in AAU. Homegrown WV boy. He’s the shooting guard we desperately need.

They won’t get anybody better than Early. He has owned ATLANTA, DC, NYC boys for last 2 summers in AAU. Homegrown WV boy. He’s the shooting guard we desperately need.
Listen man...I played college ball. If you want to match wits with me regarding talent, I'll take that challenge. Believe me, you're wrong.

Outside of JC who got a lot better with insane work ethic, Huggs doesn’t get elite guards at all. Look at our current guards. Pitiful. Early is on a higher level. Dobbs and Bridges are also better. Hell even little Metheny is better than our current guards.

Anybody near Wheeling needs to go see Kaden Metheny and University play at Wheeling Park Tuesday night. Kid can play and only a junior. Huggs needs to convince him to PWO being that he lives in Morgantown already and has a 4.0 GPA. He will get academic scholarship anyway and his folks got $$$$$$. He’s better than slow McCabe right now.

I could be a 5 star recruit in prides eyes. I was deadly from 3 in high school.

I was a football/track guy but I did make a kid look like a D1 guy once, I turned it over to same kid 3 times in 10 seconds pretty sure it was a record lmao

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Huggs needs to get David Early. He has a body like Charles Barkley but he is a better than Barkley. Much better shooter, rebounder, eater and jumper. Early would easily be an All American.

Outside of JC who got a lot better with insane work ethic, Huggs doesn’t get elite guards at all. Look at our current guards. Pitiful. Early is on a higher level. Dobbs and Bridges are also better. Hell even little Metheny is better than our current guards.

Anybody near Wheeling needs to go see Kaden Metheny and University play at Wheeling Park Tuesday night. Kid can play and only a junior. Huggs needs to convince him to PWO being that he lives in Morgantown already and has a 4.0 GPA. He will get academic scholarship anyway and his folks got $$$$$$. He’s better than slow McCabe right now.
I see - My bad guys - I let this idiot reel me in. He's a troll...I've got it now.

Townsvansandt we got 4-5 kids in state that Huggs needs badly. Jalen Bridges, Zyon Dobbs, David Early, Obinna Killen, Metheny.....all good enough or excellent. Bridges, Early and Obinna are stars and future starters easy. Must gets.

Townsvansandt you need to understand that a lot of these people on here are not living in WV and don’t know these kids and also suffer the anti WV syndrome and left like wimps. They are just like what we discussed in the other thread. Sun loving dreamers that ran to warm climates where they can refresh their miserable no pride lives. They run to the transient south where they don’t have to be accountable for relationships and nobody knows their geeky background history. Bunch of pussies that don’t know shit about WVU or WV anymore. This computer is all they got to follow WVU. Arm chair non athlete clowns.

Townsvandandt. I think I am the only real WV fan here. I love WV so much that I even made love with WV one night. The rest of these clowns aren't like me. I could have played in the NBA, LFL, MLB, and the NHL all at the same time but like GREGJACOBS I hurt my shoulder that night I loved WV more anyone ever has.

Go pull up highlights from Early or go see him play if in WV. Hes only a junior in high school and Huggs needs him now. You can’t tell me he can’t help WVU. Huggs recruits D2 guards too often. We need Early for class of 2020.

But you literally said he's better than Zion LOL

Pratt go pull up the hudl of Early or get to state tourney this year. By end of spring Huggs will look like a dumbass if he doesn’t have Early committed 100% to WVU. We got a big scorer at shooting guard right here in WV. Kids a star scorer. We got nothing at guard right now and won’t get a high school guard better than Early for 2020.

Pratt go pull up the hudl of Early or get to state tourney this year. By end of spring Huggs will look like a dumbass if he doesn’t have Early committed 100% to WVU. We got a big scorer at shooting guard right here in WV. Kids a star scorer. We got nothing at guard right now and won’t get a high school guard better than Early for 2020.

I've already seen his stuff. He's not Zion Williamson so stop. Get some help.

I never said he was Zion Williamson. That was the fake pride. Look to your left.

Hey Vernon can you ban that fake pride that uses my same screen name? Is that allowed? Lol c’mon.

Pratt why wouldn’t you want this kid at WVU for 2020? Have you seen our current guards? It’s D2 bad. If I’m Huggs I’m bringing in Dobbs for 2019 or at least prepping him for reclass to 2020. He’s 6-3 strong, athletic. After this year is done after the state tournament in mid March I think Dobbs, Bridges, Early, Obinna will impress lots of high D1 schools. Metheny possibly as well although undersized. He’s a great PWO for 2020. He already lives in Morgantown. His folks got $. He is 4.0 student. Dobbs is really looking good in senior year. Legit 6-3 now and strong, athletic. He’s WVU material easy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT