ADVERTISEMENT

Other schools making moves

You don’t know that, you’re projecting your personal fantasies again. Had WVU made a move before Auburn did then they’d likely have landed him. They didn’t make any moves and Auburn did, thus we will never know.
Here is what I do know. Gee stated that no decision would be made on a coach until a new AD is in place. That is a fact, and it came from the horse's mouth at the top of the food chain. The rumor about Hugh Freeze was nothing but message board fodder. It had no legitimate source attached to it. Just like all the youtube videos and fake sportswriters you continually quote on here if they tell you something that you want too here. The only one who has fantasies on here is you. You can't tell the difference between someone who actually has information as opposed to someone blowing smoke out their ass. You're the one living fantasy world.

Here is what I do know. Gee stated that no decision would be made on a coach until a new AD is in place. That is a fact, and it came from the horse's mouth at the top of the food chain. The rumor about Hugh Freeze was nothing but message board fodder. It had no legitimate source attached to it. Just like all the youtube videos and fake sportswriters you continually quote on here if they tell you something that you want too here. The only one who has fantasies on here is you. You can't tell the difference between someone who actually has information as opposed to someone blowing smoke out their ass. You're the one living fantasy world.
Your comments about him being where he wants is just made up message board fodder. Hugh Freeze was available and he is a far better coach than Neal Brown. Everyone can see that. But he is just one of many such coaches. Did WVU remove Brown and make way so that Freeze could be approached Or hired? No. If Freeze was contacted Would he have accepted the WVU job?- reports outside this message board stated yes there was interest. But we will never know now because unlike other schools searches WVU is in radio silence which is only sustainable so long.

Your comments about him being where he wants is just made up message board fodder. Hugh Freeze was available and he is a far better coach than Neal Brown. Everyone can see that. But he is just one of many such coaches. Did WVU remove Brown and make way so that Freeze could be approached Or hired? No. If Freeze was contacted Would he have accepted the WVU job?- reports outside this message board stated yes there was interest. But we will never know now because unlike other schools searches WVU is in radio silence which is only sustainable so long.
Your reports are false. Just as most of your herd trolling. The AD is now hired and unfortunate for an A-hole like yourself it's probably too late to fire Brown with the portal coming up in a week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Well he ended up Auburn Didn't he? He was successful at Ole Miss and Auburn is next store. Auburn is going to bet out wvu 9.5 times out of 10 you fool.

Well he ended up Auburn Didn't he? He was successful at Ole Miss and Auburn is next store. Auburn is going to bet out wvu 9.5 times out of 10 you fool.
Apparently he thinks Auburn is the same level of football program WVU is. Auburn is a blueblood. I’m sure now that Wren Baker is gonna be the next WVU AD, he’s gonna demand Baker to fire Brown his first day on the job

Apparently he thinks Auburn is the same level of football program WVU is. Auburn is a blueblood. I’m sure now that Wren Baker is gonna be the next WVU AD, he’s gonna demand Baker to fire Brown his first day on the job
Possibly but I will be shocked if that happens.

While the troll clowns try to disparage me personally--the fact remains. If WVU had fired Brown and offered and hired Freeze when it was first reported there was interest and at which time Auburn had NOT fired their HC, then WVU would likely have retained the services of Freeze. Not rocket science. Didn't happen because the Administration and AD and BOG didn't act. Not because there was no interest from Freeze in the WVU job.

While the troll clowns try to disparage me personally--the fact remains. If WVU had fired Brown and offered and hired Freeze when it was first reported there was interest and at which time Auburn had NOT fired their HC, then WVU would likely have retained the services of Freeze. Not rocket science. Didn't happen because the Administration and AD and BOG didn't act. Not because there was no interest from Freeze in the WVU job.

Perhaps so but its too late now so we'll never know. The entire situation was mismanaged and now it looks like we are stuck with thee amazing Neal Brown another year. Get ready for more head scratchers

Perhaps so but its too late now so we'll never know. The entire situation was mismanaged and now it looks like we are stuck with thee amazing Neal Brown another year. Get ready for more head scratchers
Huge mistake if so. Press conference tomorrow from the football building at 10am

Huge mistake if so. Press conference tomorrow from the football building at 10am
Sadly its probably a press conference to announce the clown is returning another year to be evaluated, which is code word for its too late in the game to fire and hire both an AD and a coach.

Auburn is a text book example of what happens when people like Bucky have too much say in the process. Bryan Harsin was a good coach at Boise State but he was never really going to be a good fit at a place like Auburn. They ended up with him because they fired Malzahn without a plan. Everyone knew that Auburn was going to give Harsin the ax but the bigger crime was hiring him in the first place. Wvu has several problems that Bucky is failing to comprehend. First off we don't have an AD currently in place who's job it is to make these decisions. Secondly we are to late in the process. Schools have been hiring coaches this week. By the time a new ad gets here he will be left with the candidates that were passed over. I don't care how long it takes to hire new AD as long as we get the right guy. If and when we make a coaching change I want it to be a well thought out process. I don't want to take a chance on a mediocre if that's all that's available. Wvu is not like Auburn we don't have the 45 million dollars that their booster have flushed down the commode the last two years buying out coaching contracts.
Exactly! I meant to say that at the end of my post. Having boosters with that kind of $$$ is a blessing and a curse, and in the Auburn situation, it's more of a curse. Bama is similar, however Saban was able to tell the to go F themselves early on, and then the winning did the talking and they have been mum ever since.

Sadly its probably a press conference to announce the clown is returning another year to be evaluated, which is code word for its too late in the game to fire and hire both an AD and a coach.
Planned by administrative types no doubt to get the guilt off of them. However, it will have bad ramifications for a WVU fanbase going forward as one can expect support for the program to drop massively instantly.

Lose with Brown or lose with the new guy. Does it matter? Are you 100% sure there is not new negotiations going on with WVU AD on a lower buyout? See Scott Frost 2021 for example or even Michigans head coach not long ago. I suggest you shut up and wait clown.

Exactly! I meant to say that at the end of my post. Having boosters with that kind of $$$ is a blessing and a curse, and in the Auburn situation, it's more of a curse. Bama is similar, however Saban was able to tell the to go F themselves early on, and then the winning did the talking and they have been mum ever since.
I don't think Bucky understands that what really separates Wvu from places Like Auburn and Alabama is the boosters. Most of the these Big Salaries are subsidized by Boosters. It isn't coming out of the university's general fund or Tv money. When guys are fired at these places the boosters are the ones paying their way out the door.

I laughed when he told us he had supported the university through merchandise purchases. I guess the purchase of his super fan T shirt puts us on par with Auburn.

To summarize:

1) Gee was full of shit. He obviously decided to keep Kneel and his "discussions" with Wren amounted to "if you want this job suck it up because he's staying." Most likely Gee intentionally dragged out this AD thing as a self-fulfilling prophecy of it being too late now to get the right HC. Gee had no intention of ever letting that happen.
2) We get one more year of underperforming and losing to Pitt and PSU, which sucks ass.

Our ticket sales are going to hit the shitter.

Gee needs canned when Brown fails again next season. This is 100% his fault from here on in.
He wants to play amateur hour AD? Fine. Can his ass for a shitty AD level decision.

To summarize:

1) Gee was full of shit. He obviously decided to keep Kneel and his "discussions" with Wren amounted to "if you want this job suck it up because he's staying." Most likely Gee intentionally dragged out this AD thing as a self-fulfilling prophecy of it being too late now to get the right HC. Gee had no intention of ever letting that happen.
2) We get one more year of underperforming and losing to Pitt and PSU, which sucks ass.

Gee needs canned when Brown fails again next season. This is 100% his fault from here on in.
He wants to play amateur hour AD? Fine. Can his ass for a shitty AD level decision.
I dont know how it went down for sure, but there are plenty of people who seem to think Gee told Lyons to fire Neal and Lyons wouldnt because he stands by Brown. It was clear in Shane's interview with Choppy that he was behind Brown 100% and was happy with the direction of the program. He even slipped a little nugget about how 7 wins is somehow is good enough. He said "a few plays go our way and we're at 7 wins and not having this discussion" .... Well, imo, since when is 7 wins good enough? I want my AD talking conference championships, not competing for 4th place in the B12. This whole thing is a mess either way. But if some folks are right, Gee wanted Brown gone and put it on Shane to do his job and fire Brown., but Shane wouldn't. We will probably never know because I doubt Gee will spill the beans about the inner workings the way Lyons did when he cried on the radio.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I dont know how it went down for sure, but there are plenty of people who seem to think Gee told Lyons to fire Neal and Lyons wouldnt because he stands by Brown. It was clear in Shane's interview with Choppy that he was behind Brown 100% and was happy with the direction of the program. He even slipped a little nugget about how 7 wins is somehow is good enough. He said "a few plays go our way and we're at 7 wins and not having this discussion" .... Well, imo, since when is 7 wins good enough? I want my AD talking conference championships, not competing for 4th place in the B12. This whole thing is a mess either way. But if some folks are right, Gee wanted Brown gone and put it on Shane to do his job and fire Brown., but Shane wouldn't. We will probably never know because I doubt Gee will spill the beans about the inner workings the way Lyons did when he cried on the radio.
Exactly.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Also saw Lyons championing 7-8 win seasons as though that's the ceiling.

Should be the baseline of expectation. Every coach before Brown going back nearly 50 years has maintained that, with every coach but Stewart and Brown also achieving breakout years on top of the 7-8 wins per year.

Now fans know what the expectation for a high point in wins is from the WVU administration--they've obviously accepted losing seasons as ok.

Also saw Lyons championing 7-8 win seasons as though that's the ceiling.

Should be the baseline of expectation. Every coach before Brown going back nearly 50 years has maintained that, with every coach but Stewart and Brown also achieving breakout years on top of the 7-8 wins per year.

Now fans know what the expectation for a high point in wins is from the WVU administration--they've obviously accepted losing seasons as ok.
Stewart won 9 games a year. Not even your Boyfriend did that.

To summarize:

What kind of professional AD is gonna walk into a new AD role for a P5 program and fire the football HC his first day? If he did, that’s called micromanaging from your new boss because he has no idea and has not had a chance to evaluate. Some of you guys have no clue how management works. Gee might have felt Brown needs fired. However, he’s allowing the AD to make that determination. Technically Baker doesn’t start until 12/19, so who is or was supposed to fire Neal? And why would they do that when the portal opens and signing day on the horizon? Common business sense should tell everyone that keeping Brown for now is the best choice for the program financially and recruiting wise. Brown obviously has an ultimatum to win next year or else. Gee wouldn’t have fired Lyons if that wasn’t the case. Be patient. It’s a process.

What kind of professional AD is gonna walk into a new AD role for a P5 program and fire the football HC his first day? If he did, that’s called micromanaging from your new boss because he has no idea and has not had a chance to evaluate. Some of you guys have no clue how management works. Gee might have felt Brown needs fired. However, he’s allowing the AD to make that determination. Technically Baker doesn’t start until 12/19, so who is or was supposed to fire Neal? And why would they do that when the portal opens and signing day on the horizon? Common business sense should tell everyone that keeping Brown for now is the best choice for the program financially and recruiting wise. Brown obviously has an ultimatum to win next year or else. Gee wouldn’t have fired Lyons if that wasn’t the case. Be patient. It’s a process.
Not only is it micromanagement its bad management. Baker needs time to do a comprehensive evaluation of the football program. Maybe the lack of success that Brown has had is due to failures within the athletic department. Who knows but he needs time to figure that out. Who the hell is he going to hire this late in the process that would be a lights out hire? Especially considering you would have to pay a 16 mil buyout on top of spending an additional 20 mil or so to bring in a new regime. If Baker pulled the plug now and got it wrong it would be his ass on the chopping block in a couple of years. Its best to see how it goes this year. If brown Doesn't improve then he has 9-10 months to come up with the next plan instead of 4-5 days. I would rather roll the dice on one year rather than screwing it up and having to wait several more years for the opportunity to right the ship. Everytime there is a decision people don't like there seems to be some conspiracy BS that pops up I don't get it.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT