ADVERTISEMENT

OT: On vacation and the beach is a rainout

3xWVUenginEER

All-Conference
Dec 7, 2005
I've watched more daytime tv today than any day since college when the Dream Team got the Juice off for killing 2 people.

For the record and imo, tv was better back then. How many episodes of "I almost got away with it" & "naked and afraid" can there be? Darn shame they don't have court tv anymore.

Correction: I forgot I watched part of the George Zimmerman trial a few years back while on vacation in Daytona.

Well, there's always nude jogging. But I hear it's against law.

Yeah that nude jogging is out.

This vacation has been one for rain. And a bad one for tv. Plus my umbrella got ripped out of the ground by the wind & damaged after taking a trip and needs some DIY Rehab when I go home or a dumpster and another $30 replacement.

Make a slip and slide with trash bags on the beach....

My dad did that one year at the beach during a tropical storm....

It was probably the most white trash thing I’ve ever been a part of

Rain delays on vacations are just excuses to get blackout drunk anyways...

Correction again: it must have been the Casey Anthony trial as the last good court tv show/verdict I watched cause I remember making the comment 'well it's been bout 20 years, the OJ Jury must have all retired, went to FL, and performed their civic duty again'. Could not have said the same thing with Zimmerman because he obviously didn't murder a family member like the Juice and "Top Mom"-Nancy Grace nickname-obviously did..

Another thing to report is the water looks like crappy brown down here and is cold for late June. It's normally crystal Blue and near 80, but it is a cold 74-75. Something about the Red Sea is reportedly causing it to look brown according to the rumor. I don't believe it-the rumor-too much distance. The fishing sucks cause it's choppy and puking is the norm for even those like me who don't get sea sick. It still cost like $60 to go out for a 4-6 hrs and catch basically nothing.

This weather makes me want to go to Nags Head or the Outer Banks if it's gonna be this crappy. It would be about the same with more golfers but a shorter drive. Only positive so far is Aunt Catfish's on the River still has awesome food.

Don't worry about West Virginia. It's going to be sunny and in the 90's for the next 7 days. But then again weather stations do lie.

The water temp is down to 71. Again the norm is about 80 for this time of year. Supposedly deep ocean currents are causing it and the now green water. Good sunny day til bout 3 and then the rain.

And the hermit crabs are on the beach too. Crazy summer!

LOL @ the OP. We were on the road moving from S.W. Louisiana to Arizona when Al and O.J.'s White Bronco creep and crawl through L.A. happened. We had a four year old and 14 month old in tow. It was nothing but O.J. on the radio all the way out, and O.J. on the T.V. in the evenings all the way out. I was ready to fling a lamp through screen every time they'd cut to that screaming blonde banshee, Nancy Grace.

It was a long cool spring and sudden late warm up across the East this year. I've got to think that's what's kept the water temps down. Nighttime temps determine water temps along with current. It may be simple matter of there not have been enough warm nights to get the water temps up yet?

LOL @ the OP. We were on the road moving from S.W. Louisiana to Arizona when Al and O.J.'s White Bronco creep and crawl through L.A. happened. We had a four year old and 14 month old in tow. It was nothing but O.J. on the radio all the way out, and O.J. on the T.V. in the evenings all the way out. I was ready to fling a lamp through screen every time they'd cut to that screaming blonde banshee, Nancy Grace.

It was a long cool spring and sudden late warm up across the East this year. I've got to think that's what's kept the water temps down. Nighttime temps determine water temps along with current. It may be simple matter of there not have been enough warm nights to get the water temps up yet?
I remember watching the Rockets play the Knicks. This was the same day the Rangers had a victory parade and Jack played his final Tournament before going on the Sr tour. It was June 24th. Heck espn did a 30 for 30 and it's one of the best ones they've ever done.

I don't remember the annoying & knowitall voice of Nancy Grace back then. I remember Greta Van Sustren & Roger Cossack who both taught law at Georgetown I think. CNN was the only cable news network back then, and I'll bet Ted Turner made more money with CNN from trial coverage than the 15 division titles & 1 Wirld Series Title the Braves won..

I was at WVU when the Dream Team took on the worst prosecution team & police investigation team EVER. I learned more about society and law from watching that trial than any education you could ever get from a school. That trial kept me from away from law school. Casey Anthony & George Zimmerman reinforced to me that I made the correct decision for me.

I remember a Calculus professor taking bets before the verdict. That Russian Genius cleaned up. He said afterward it was a no brainer and like his home country our justice system was very flawed.

As for Daytona its the worst summer vacation I've ever had down here. Will pull out soon and probably take a September beach trip to Myrtle or the Outer Banks. It's a crazy summer. Next month may be the norm again.

Last edited:
"Is it real or is it Memorex?" lol.

Memorex had some explaining to do when it became widely known that the whole "Ella shatters the wine glass" commercial wasn't quite on the level after years of running it. Ella had a set of pipes, but no one holds a precise note that long.

Too bad about that. The Outer Banks has been beautiful and sunny every day June 28th-July 4th.

I won't say it was unenjoyable at all times and a waste of a vacation. I will just say it was very un-Daytona Beach Shores like. I had fun, but the weather was the least friendly it's ever been while I vacationed there (5-6 years). I'm glad I didn't do the full 3 weeks I was planning to. I only did 1.5 weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT